“Small but nicely kept!”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Jamestown
Moore, Oklahoma
“Small but nicely kept!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is a small Econolodge but the staff is very nice, the place is kept clean, and the continental breakfast was well maintained. The rooms were quiet and the beds were comfortable. The rooms have hair dryers and they brought us an iron and ironing board. There is no exercise room. The only thing to improve on this hotel would be the parking lot. The cost was reasonable for the quality.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room on the south side of the hotel as there is no parking lot, seems my brother w...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Econo Lodge Jamestown, responded to this review, 14 January 2017

7019529800

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 26 April 2014

To start off I will have to say that this hotel would have possibly gotten a rating of four had it not been for the shoddy construction methods used…The motel appears as though it was pre-fabricated (a trailer perhaps) and thrown up quickly to meet urgent demand. It is very unattractive from the outside with no plants or decoration of any kind. There are 20 rooms off of a single hallway and there is only one floor. There is a door at the end of the motel and another door at the entrance. There is a very small lobby with two tables where breakfast is served. The door furthest from reception does not have a hinge to slow it so it bangs if not held (I can't say if the front door had a hinge). All of the bedroom doors were the same way - no hinges to slow them down. The motel guests were mostly hard working guys that either forgot or didn’t care about closing the doors slowly. The result was lots and lots of doors banging until about 11:00 p.m. and starting at 5:10 a.m. Since the motel was very full I’d estimate I heard 100 - 150 separate doors banging. I got to thinking there might be a contest going on. The walls are very thin and there is no soundproofing so, in addition to the doors banging, we could hear TV sets going well past midnight. We were there on a Monday night when the guys are checking in so the problems with noise might not be as bad other nights. The room was smallish but not tight (there was space for an easy chair) and the bed slept really well as it is a memory foam mattress. The room was also decorated nicely with a couple of accent walls. There was a microwave and refrigerator available. The TV was probably a 42” and very large. The bathroom counter was tight and there was limited space to lay out toiletries. Breakfast was very basic - hard boiled eggs, cereal with 2% milk, waffle maker, yogurt and bagels/bread. They had real butter which I enjoyed and the OJ was surprisingly good. I did not care for the coffee and tossed it (McDonalds for me). As mentioned before, there were two small tables in the breakfast area - it appears the hotel expects folks to grab a cup of coffee or juice in the morning and be on their way. To close - I feel a little hesitant to rate a motel poor when it had comfy beds, a nice large TV and a nicely decorated room. However, the prevailing noise offsets the good attributes - sorry EconoLodge! Hinges for the doors will go a long way to help resolve the issues. Folks who stay here need to remember their ear plugs.

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the middle of the hallway so you won't be close to the slamming doors in t...
Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear valued guest,
We apologize that we could not provide a better stay for you we wish we could accommodate with a better facility. We have this issue in the plan to be remodeled. We hope that when this happens we can see you again. Thank you

Econolodge
701-952-9800
maple
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at 66 different motels in 74 days in North Dakota and this by far is my favorite.I wish there were more motels ran like this in North Dakota.This is family ran and I like that they know me by my first name.Large TV and comfortable beds and the cleanest hotel that I have ever stayed in. I will stay here whenever I'm by Jamestown.

Craig B. Maple Grove MN

Stayed February 2014

Rapid City
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This Motel is relatively new, and week appointed with nice furnishings, nice size clean Bathroom a large TV and decent Wifi. The breakfast is a typical motel continental breakfast, The food is fresh and there is a decent variety. If you need a great place to stay at a reasonable price with a great staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dan M

Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have staying in different hotels in Jamestown to find the best one. i will be coming to jamestown so often. this was the far bestest hotel. comfortable & clean rooms, beds with friendlier service. thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CaptA380

Lafayette, LA
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The hardest part about this was that the same people own the hotel next door, and apparently prefer to stay at the desk there. So I called. Several times with no answer. Then I called from the front desk. I could hear it ringing but still no answer. Finally the guy must have taken a look outside and saw us wondering what to do. He came running over and checked us in.

Now to the room. When you open the door, the first thing you see is the bathroom. It was a nice bathroom and the shower curtain had weights on it to keep it off of you. I liked that. The bed was comfortable and we were able to get a GOOD night's sleep. The TV was flat panel and big enough with enough channels to keep me occupied.

If you're looking for a suite, this is not the place. Our bed took up almost the entire room. But that was all we needed this trip. I would go back--if I can find that front desk clerk!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Regina
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I had been travelling a lot over a two day stretch, and the Econo Lodge in Jamestown was perfect. The room looked brand new, 47 in LCD TV, with Hockey Night in Canada! The bed was a king size and had a memory foam mattress. It was perfect. I had such a great sleep I was up at 5:30 before the alarm went off, out to the lobby for a coffee and bowl of cereal, and on the road by 6:00.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo