“Great Beds”
Review of Sunlac Inn

Sunlac Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lakota
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I know this will sound funny, but my bed was among the most comfortable of any hotel I've stayed at. The rooms have been nicely refurbished and although modest, they far exceeded my expectations. The food was good and certainly reasonably priced. I loved the breakfast especially the homemade carmel rolls. The staff was friendly which is always a plus. All and all certainly worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sam G

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I choose this hotel because it was close to my final destination. Location is right off the highway which made it very convenient. The hotel service was nice and I was impressed at the rooms themselves. My room was worth the money I spent. You are able to tell they are newly remodeled and were clean. New bedspreads that made me much more comfortable, the old school flower spreads just scare me! The room also has Flat screen TV's plus a fridge and microwave. Beds were great and my breakfast was good. I highly suggest the homemade caramel rolls....Amazing!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Sunny3232
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Older place that's has been updated slightly. Room was clean, flat screen tv. Nice beds. Friendly staff.

Place was full of hunters. Hallways smelled like dogs. Diner booth had mud on seat like someone had sat in dirty waders.

Diner food was disappointing, but wasn't terrible!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jesse D
Reviewed 6 September 2011

The hotel might only be a 3, albeit a high three, but the friendly service raises it a notch. The room was very clean with fairly new (and clean) carpet in the room and hallways. The bathroom was nice--no problems. We are big on morning coffee and there was no coffee maker, but a trip to the attached restaurant got our coffee mugs filled free of charge. No hair dryer in the room, but they provide them at the front desk. The beds were a bit on the hard side, but they passed the bed bug inspection.

This is a cinderblock building and it appears there has been some recent renovations, to include texturing the walls. The texture didn't work well on the outer block wall. Nothing really wrong, just doesn't look very good. Also,the lounge is not smoke free and the cigarette smell will filter into the hallway in the area closest to the bar. Not a problem for us, but a smoke sensitive person might want to get a room at the other end of the building.

We were on a fishing trip to nearby Stump Lake. The catch was pretty meager, but the manager on duty went out of his way to make sure the cleaning shed was open and ready for us to take care of the ones we did have.

We had two breakfasts and a dinner in the attached restuarant. Clean rooms, good food and friendly service--we liked it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank muskrat2
Reviewed 26 October 2010

At first glance this seemed to be a nice little place to stay, on site dining, flat screen tv,
pet friendly, and roomy too.
On to second glance: we could not close the window curtains completely as there was a missing slate, oh well a gal came and hepled us obtain as much privacy as possible with broken shade. Bulb in the bedside lamp was burned out. So tired, so went to bed and decided to grab a quick shower in the morning. When I tried to get my morning shower I pulled on the knob too start the water and it came off in my hand. No water! So, no shower, no time to report it . I figured they would find out about the none working shower when they cleaned room again. Payed $71.00 for the same kind of conditions I camp under for $20.00 a night.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank Woofer49
pickmetj, Owner at Sunlac Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2011

I am sorry to hear about your stay not being up to par and apologize for the staff not catching these details. The SunLac Inn has a full-time maintenance staff on hand and would have responded immediately if we would have known there was a problem, or at least transfered you to another room. Once again, I apologize and can be assured the problems were fixed the next day.

Reviewed 19 July 2010

This is a great little find in East North Dakota. The rooms are huge with two king beds, flat screen tv and comfortable bathroom. Not fancy but clean and big. The restaurant and also the bar are reasonably priced and very clean and friendly. Don't expect great food (this is North Dakota) but you'll not go away hungary. Prices are low for this state.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Martinibill
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Was traveling through on business and was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. Rooms are clean, hotel was clean, nice bar and restaurant, great customer service. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank M3xtc

Been to Sunlac Inn? Share your experiences!