“Restful”
Review of Don's Motel

Don's Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Linton
Don's Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Linton
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I stayed at Don's Motel as part of a class studying in the Linton area. I was born in ND so know what to expect of small town motels. Don's was very clean, had a good air conditioner, a good shower, a good television. It was quiet and very adequate for a good night's rest. I forgot my cell phone there and it was promptly mailed to my home address. I thought the service and accommodations were great.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank kspeulda

Reviewed 19 January 2012

We were here in February of 2011 on a return trip from Arizona. Don's Motel is a fairly new establishment on the highway south of town. My first lasting impression here is that I finally got a peaceful night's sleep. No heavy traffic, trains, truckstops, or obnoxious neighbors bouncing around at all hours of the night. To counter previous posts, Don himself is a family man who lives in the motel itself. Realistically, if you want customer service, go find a large hotel in the city. I don't know how you would expect 24 hour service here, with an average of four patrons per night. Don was a perfectly respectable person, and I had no problems with him. The only problem with my stay wasn't with the motel at all, but trying to find a place to eat. No quality restaurants and the convenience stores seemed to be closed after 6. We went to eat at some kind of a pizza-place, and that was truly horrible. And yes, nothing to do with Don. The motel is what it is, just a place to have a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Closer to the office is better(West). Rooms all the same.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Widmarsh
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I received a collect call from my husband who was working in Linton, ND and staying at this rickety "Don's Motel". He had been coming in late and this was our only phone call to each other each day/night. At 11:15pm Linton time, I called the number back, it rang and rang, hung up called back again... the man, who I assume is "Don" answered the phone and began yelling at me, asking me if I knew what time it was there, of course, I live in Arizona. He finally directed my call to my husband's room.

The next evening, I called again, this time at 9:00pm... he answers the phone and I ask for my husband's room number, he again raises his voice and tells me "I close the office at 10:30PM You Know!"... Would have been nice if he had explained that prior to, or even posted something on the internet, possibly a website?

The company my husband is working for paying for several rooms... Don should be more cautious about how he treats those who call in, otherwise this shabby motel may see its last visitors. Next stop, see what other places I can complain to...

Room Tip: If you want customer service, quality service, and decent people... go some where else... Don's...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Meggy H
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We made reservations at this hotel and had to cancel. We cancelled a week before the reservation. I spoke directly to Don and he told us he would take care of it. The night after we had the reservation he called us and asked why we didn't show up. He told us that he didn't have any record of us cancelling. He was extremly rude and swearing at us over the phone. We were shocked how he treated customers that have been going there for a number of years.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ndtravel0000
Reviewed 24 November 2009

The motel is not fancy but it was kept up and was clean. The beds were comfortable. Best motel I've found in small towns in southern North Dakota when hunting. I'd stay again. It also had free high speed internet that worked great.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank TravelloverMn

Been to Don's Motel? Share your experiences!