“DIsappointed...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mandan
Whitehall, Montana
“DIsappointed...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

My husband and I spent the night on 02/08/13. The hotel was very nice and so was our room...until we tried to sleep! First, there was a clicking sound...every 33 seconds... In the dark, I searched for the sound finding after about a half hour that it was the smoke detector. It wasn't the "low battery" chirp...it was a "click". The smoke alarm was wired into the room so I put a bath towel over it. Then the toilet ran just a bit every 3 minutes...in go the ear plugs! We got up at 5 am to make an early start and found that the coffee maker was missing the decanter so no coffee! I was going to leave a note for the housekeeper about all the problems but there was no paper or pen...ugh! My husband went to warm up the vehicle while I went to check out. The gal was very nice..so sorry for your inconvenience. She got us each a cup of coffee for the restaurant that was not yet open. Beware of room #229!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank WesternMontanaMrs
karen_sevenseas, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mandan Bismarck Area, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Thanks for staying with us and writing a review on our hotel. We appreciate the nice comments regarding our hotel, staff and the nice room. I sincerely apologize for the fire alarm going off and the toilet running. My maintenance team has taken care of the issues and again I am sorry for the inconvenience. The coffee makers that we use in the rooms are one cup coffee makers so they do not have a decanter for the coffee maker. On behalf of my entire staff, we do hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Karen Summers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
West Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

Had an enjoyable time with family over the holidays. Our kids enjoyed some time at the watermark area going down the slide and swimming in the pool. We had a conference room for a family get-together and it was the perfect size room, nicely set up and the hotel staff checked on us frequently to see if we needed anything. The hotel was quiet and very comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and look forward to our next return.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
karen_sevenseas, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mandan Bismarck Area, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Thanks for staying with us during the holidays! I am so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable time and had a clean and quiet room! We recently added 37 inch flat screen televisions to our rooms which our guests are loving! Please keep us in mind when business or pleasure travel brings you to our area again.

Solana Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

Rooms were dirty, I found a moldy coffee filter in the coffee maker when I went to make a cup. The top of the shower/tub was filthy, they must have short cleaning staff, the restaurant was a total
Let down. Terrible food and really crappy service.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for writing a review on our property. On behalf of my entire team, I apologize for the room not being up to our usual standards. I have met with my Housekeeping Manager and staff and brought these issues to their attention so this does not happen again. We are putting inspection measures in place to assure all rooms are 100% clean and enspected daily. We hope you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Karen Summers

Travellers are raving about these Mandan hotels

Bismarck, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

We had a wonderful time with my daughter and her friends for her birthday. They had a blast at the waterpark ! The hotel is clean and staff is very professional ! The rooms were nice and very clean. We will definitely visit again. My daughter had a wonderful birthday.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for writing a review on our property. I am so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable Birthday celebration at our Waterpark! Kids of all ages love the slide and waterwalk features! We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back again soon!
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

Hotel was great, it is a little bit out of the way if staying for any time in the Bismarck Mandan area but it is excellent for interstate travelers as it is right off I94. The decor is great in the lobby. The rooms are of an older style although clean and very roomy. The fitness area is well equipped and the waterpark excellent.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

karen_sevenseas, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mandan Bismarck Area, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
Thanks for staying with us and writing a review on our property! On behalf of my entire team, we are so glad that you had an enjoyable experience with us. The Waterpark is always a fun time for families! Our lobby does have a welccoming atmosphere that we are very proud of. We appreciate your business and look forward to have the opportunity to serve you again.
All the best to you and your family in 2013!

West Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

Spent time at the seven seas with family over Christmas time this year. The kids loved the water park! Very friendly and accomodating staff. comfortable rooms. Great restaurant with wonderful food on site. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
karen_sevenseas, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mandan Bismarck Area, responded to this review, 5 January 2013
Thanks for staying with us during the holidays! On behalf of my entire team, we are so glad you had an enjoyable experience. Our guests love the Indoor Waterpark and the Montana Mike's Steakhouse is great for families with the variety of food options that we serve. We look forward to having you back again in 2013!

Fargo, North Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

We have family in the Bismarck area and we have stayed here several times even though it is not the cleanest hotel, but my kids enjoyed the waterslide. The pool area is so busy on weekends though it is just crazy, and there are never any towels in the pool area. On this specific stay though we were on the first floor, room 107, and there was a wedding going on and there were loud people running and yelling in the hallways until 2:00 am, so it was impossible to sleep. We also heard dogs barking. There should be a quiet time for the hotel room area of the building, and loud wedding party people should stay in their reception rooms, and hotel staff should make sure this is happening. There is no staff around. It was ridiculous. We did complain to the front desk when we checked out, but they stated we should have called the front desk. What is the front desk going to do? Call the hallway and ask the drunks to be quiet? They need more staff to deal with their weekend events. Even though my kids liked the waterslide there, even they said it wasn't worth not sleeping, and we will now be staying at the Country Suites in Bismarck. No more Seven Seas for us. We need our Zzzzzzs!

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor if you want to sleep!