“excellent”

Baymont Inn & Suites Mandan Bismarck Area
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mandan
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed here recently and we were completly impressed with the staff and how clean the place is. Their restaurant "Montana Mikes" was absolutley superb!! My children loved the water slide and lilly pads as we enjoyed relaxing by their pool. I dont think I could have picked a better place to spend my weekend! Thank you to all the staff at the seven seas! You are all awesome

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
karen_sevenseas, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mandan Bismarck Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thanks for writing a review on your experience at our hotel! On behalf of my entire team, we appreciate your comments and are so happy to hear that you had a great weekend and the kids loved the pool area! Our guests love "Montana Mike's Steakhouse" and glad that you enjoyed your meals there! Our gift cards make great gifts for the Holidays! We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back again soon. Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 7 November 2013

My family spent the night in a regular room and it was very clean and comfortable. The kids had a blast at the waterpark. We ate dinner at the restaurant in the hotel and it was great!
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
karen_sevenseas, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mandan Bismarck Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thanks for staying with us and writing a review on our hotel! On behalf of my entire team, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great experience at our Montana Mike's Steakhouse, located right in the hotel. We are currently in the process of painting guestrooms, adding new mirrors and lights in the bathrooms as well as new granite bathroom vanities which we are very excited about! Please come and stay with us again to see all of our upgrades. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is the third time we have stayed at the Seven Seas in Mandan. We did have to wait until
almost 5:00 because the rooms weren't cleaned yet. They were shorthanded in housekeeping
and the front desk staff was really taking the heat for it from the guests that were waiting to check in. They did take $20 off our bill which I thought was great.
The rooms were large and clean. We had young relatives who came to use the waterpark
so that was fun.
We ate breakfast at Montana Mike's each morning. The service was good and the food
was very good.
I plan on staying here again next time I visit Mandan. Hopefully they will have enough help in housekeeping next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel! My sincere apologies that you were not able to get into your room at check-in time. Some weekends are a challenge when we are full and have to get the rooms all ready in time. We are now fully staffed and are confident that this will not happen again! On behalf of my entire team, we are so happy to hear that you had a great time in the Indoor Waterpark and that you enjoyed your experience at Montana Mike's Steakhouse! We are looking forward to having you back on your return trip. Contact me directly and I would be happy to offer you an upgraded suite if available! Thanks again and see you soon!

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Dirty. Had food, nail clipping, Dirt clumps,Strings,hairs ...all sorts of c ap on floor and tub . Had to personally clean. Details said had fire place. NO fire place and attendant didn't know where it went. Or the lamps in the room. Will never come back and suggest no one comes. A big rib off. Paid $189.00 was worth. $24.00

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank fairies1420
karen_sevenseas, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mandan Bismarck Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. On behalf of my entire team, my sincere apologies for the room not being cleaned thoroughly. We have put a new program in place where every room gets inspected every day and I do apologize that this room got missed. We will work with our Housekeeping Department and continue to train and coach our team to provide 100% Clean Rooms. Again, my sincere apologies. We hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Most of the hotel is very old and outdated, not to mention dirty. The drain was clogged, carpets very dirty, wallpaper pealing, and the rooms were small. The bed in the newer rooms was very flat, lacking support, and just cheap. The older rooms were not worth the $100 a night for sure. The food at the wedding reception was ok. The bar provided for that size of room was insufficient for the crowd. It was understaffed and understocked.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
karen_sevenseas, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mandan Bismarck Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel! We are currently in the process of some remodeling including painting all of our guestrooms and adding new mirrors and lighting to the bathrooms. I will make sure the room you stayed in is next on the list! This Winter we are adding all new granite countertops and sinks in the bathrooms that we are very excited about which will completely update the rooms as well. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed in a king suite September 2013. Was not very impressed. Was very dirty, and the bed we had was really old with a disgusting foam topper that the fitted sheet wouldn't even fit over. This hotel is very outdated. The key card locks didn't always work. It was not worth the $300.00 for 2 nights. The only reason I will ever stay here is if I'm at a wedding. On a positive note the stuffed chicken breast that was served for the wedding we were at was delicious, and the waterpark was nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. On behalf of my entire team, I apologize that your room was not to your satisfaction. We have made some changes in our inspection process to make sure that every room is inspected every day to ensure 100% clean rooms. I am glad that you enjoyed the meal at the reception as well as the Indoor Waterpark which is always a fun experience for our guests.
We do look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I struggled with rating it between average and poor. The positives: great water park, FANTASTIC garlic toast (look forward to it every year), free wi-fi, and a fridge in every room. When my kids were younger, they loved the water park. The negatives? Flies all over the conference rooms. We had several luncheons and a banquet and spent much time shooing flies. Hate to think what was in the kitchen. The desk was not sure how to handle tax exempt status. While they did a work around, it is something I would expect them to know. Security issues are a big red flag. Someone asked the front desk to be let into my room. It was not me. It turned out to be a mixup, but the personnel at the front desk was more than willing to let a person who showed up at my door into my room. The next day, my keys didn't work. I asked the maid staff next door to call the front desk. He just let me in instead, without asking for identification. A friend's husband, who was not registered for the room and staying with relatives, came to the hotel and was able to just get keys from the front desk, without proof of identification. These security issues greatly bother me. One incident is unfortunate, but three are unacceptable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Shannon V
karen_sevenseas, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mandan Bismarck Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for writing a review on our property. My sincere apologies on the issues that you encountered during your stay. We have put procedures in place with our housekeeping and front desk staff so they take the extra steps in all areas of security. Thank you for the nice comments regarding the food and the Waterpark. We will continue to strive daily to provide the best in service, accommodations, food and security.
Karen Summers

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandan
Comfort Inn & Suites Mandan - Bismarck
Days Inn Bismarck
Days Inn Bismarck
#4 of 32 in Bismarck
Sleep Inn & Suites Bismarck I-94

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Mandan Bismarck Area? Share your experiences!