“Really starting to show its age”

Baymont Inn & Suites Mandan Bismarck Area
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mandan
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed here on August 19, while travelling through to Chicago. Not exactly the princess of the Best Western fleet, looks old and quite worn, more like the old dowager, well past her prime. Rooms are small and lighting is poor so felt very dark. Needs a major facelift.
room specific issues were numerous
The air conditioner did not work. With the thermostat setting at 70 it would only put out cool air intermittently, room temperature never got close to 70, or 75 for that matter, so never got cool enough to where we could sleep comfortably.
WiFi connectivity was also very intermittent, obviously overloaded and short on bandwidth..
carpet was dirty, something almost like coal dust on shoes, socks and feet after walking on it.
I had seen somewhere that they were renovating rooms but we certainly did not get one of them.
Since I was travelling on points I did not expect the "best in the house" but as a Diamond member I had hoped to get something better.
I'm afraid I could not recommend this establishment in any way

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roadwarrior252
karen_sevenseas, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mandan Bismarck Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thanks for staying with us and writing a review on hotel. I do apologize on the issues that you experiences. We are currently renovating which includes new paint, carpeting and tile in the bathrooms. We also have a new bedding package as well as lighting that we are adding to the guestrooms that we are very excited about. We hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed three nights this week and was extremely happy with all aspects of the hotel.
The staff went out of their way to make sure I was well taken care of and comfortable. I was treated like a guest in their home. Karen checked In with me a couple times throughout my stay to see if I needed anything and stopped to chat when I went down to the restaurant. Housekeeping was also very friendly and even the employees I just saw in the halls went out of their way to say hello or ask about my stay.

Also, the room itself was extremely nice and there was plenty of space.

It truly was a perfect stay!

• Stayed: August 2014
karen_sevenseas, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mandan Bismarck Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thanks for staying with us and writing a fantastic review! On behalf of my entire team, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and you felt right at home! We appreciate the great comments regarding the clean and spacious room and the great service that we provide to our guests! We look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Had a great Experience.. My two year son Had A BLAST at the waterpark!! Its baby/toddler friendly through all ages!!!! The Staff was SUPER friendly!!! The room was clean! Food at restaurant was good!! And The rates were very reasonable!! Would highly recommend anyone this place to stay!!

Room Tip: They have a variety.. and the guest services will help you accommodate your needs!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for the great review! We are so happy that you had a great time at the pool and enjoyed the great service that we provide! Kids of all ages enjoy the Indoor Waterpark as well as the Lilly Pads! We look forward to having you back at the Seven Seas again soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The bathroom had black mold. Bottom of the tub was brown and covered in hair. Blood stains all over bedding. Poop in the pool.Tv broke. Happy 5th birthday to my son. NOT.
I was not impressed. Good house keeping can go a long ways.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank briony24

My sincere apologies regarding your experience. We have a inspection process and every room in the hotel gets inspected daily so will work with my team to make sure this does not happen again. When a situation occurs, we would move you to another room to make sure you have a great stay. Again my apologies and we do hope you give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had to have a surgery for our daughter in Bismarck ND and we called around to get some prices and availability of a room and Karen gave us a price that was out of this world. Once we got there we checked in and when we got to our room, she gave us a room that had a doorway and in that doorway was another room to let our daughter sleep without any noise from the rest of us. They also have a swimming pool that has slides and a hot tub, we had a great time while our daughter rested in her private room. They also have Montana Mikes Restaurant that serves great food, also have their own bar so you don't have to leave at all.

Thanks goes out to Karen and her staff for a great experience and added bonus of the extra room. Will definately go there again in the future.

Room Tip: rooms on the west side are the quietest and have lots of room, and is right off the exit of the int...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
karen_sevenseas, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mandan Bismarck Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thanks for staying with us and writing such a fantastic review of your experience at our hotel! I am so glad we were able to offer you a larger room to make it more comfortable for your daughter. Our guests do love the Family Suites and we also have gorgeous Presidential Suite that are very popular as well! We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back next time you come to Bismarck-Mandan.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

If you want a clean room, great swimming environment, and awesome customer service this is the hotel for you! The staff is friendly and cheerful. The Montana Mike's restaurant has a great menu for kids and adults. I've also been at different seminars and ceremonies and they put a lot of work into making everything go successfully along with decorating beautifully! I can't wait for my next reservation.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thanks for writing a fantastic review on the Seven Seas! We are one of the leaders in the area to hold larger conferences, wedding receptions and events. We also cater for events and to business for up to 4000 people. Our Indoor Waterpark and Aquaplay Kiddie pool is a hit for families of all ages! We appreciate the great comments and look forward to having you at the hotel again soon!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed here while traveling alone, so I was just looking for a clean room to sleep in. This motel provided that, but if I was traveling with my family (when my kids were younger) this would have been a great place to stop. As I walked past the pool/waterpark area, I saw families having a great time. The attached restaurant provided a good meal at a reasonable price. The staff was professional and polite.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
karen_sevenseas, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mandan Bismarck Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thanks for staying at the Seven Seas and writing a review on our hotel! We are certainly a perfect hotel for business guests as well as families! We have some beautiful Presidential Suites for the corporate traveler as well as Family Suites that offer three queen beds and two separate rooms. The Indoor Waterpark is always a hit with our guests as well as the Aquaplay Kiddie Pool! Thanks again and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Karen Summers

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandan
Wingate by Wyndham Bismarck
Days Inn Bismarck
Days Inn Bismarck
#4 of 32 in Bismarck
Sleep Inn & Suites I-94 - Bismarck

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Mandan Bismarck Area? Share your experiences!