Lovely place located on a 12 kms stretched beach where you are alone with the other residents of the lodge and the fishermen from the nearby village...
1. Immaculate part of the world
2. True eco resort, employing local people, using local resources, and doing some programs to improve the nearby village
3. Kind and good willing staff
4. Accommodation large and nicely situated right on the beach with great views. No issues with comfort. Do not go to these places to watch TV and play video games!
5. Good cuisine
1. Expensive place, not enough value for money. Are most profits really going to the nearby village? Not so sure
2. Web site magnifying the place. Not a luxury lodge at all.
3. Inexperienced management needs to get the whole place much better organized. This almost pertains to a lack of proper leadership. We could not dive although it was supposedly the highlight of our stay (too much demand but also huge lack of organisation)
4. Difficult access, even if you cannot get your cake and eat it (easily accessible places get indeed swamped by mass tourism). We took the boat option from Ibo and back , however it turned out to be a nightmarish journey back on a small dingy in the middle of a storm with the manager not even able to take the channel all the way to the landing stage at Ibo... They should have made a decision to use another route!
5. Limited activities, however not a big issue as it is a self-fulfilling and so unusual place.
6. Large tides are indeed an issue to get the most out of water activities.
In summary, going there must be a considerate decision. We are happy we made it. However this lodge has much to improve in terms of organisation and its activity offer to become truly attractive in all respects.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guludo is a tropical, barefoot beach paradise; 12km of deserted powder-white sand nestled between the dazzling azure Indian Ocean and wild African Bush. Accommodation provides everything you need and nothing you don’t. With high roofs, gentle sea breezes, alfresco en-suite bathrooms with a stunning “loo with a view”; barefoot luxury never felt more indulgent. The essence of Guludo is relaxation and discovery. Time is spent drifting over magnificent coral reefs, watching humpback whales, visiting islands and mingling in the local village. Guludo is also responsible tourism at its finest, even while snoozing in your hammock you are helping to relieve poverty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Guludo Beach Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guludo Beach Hotel Quirimbas National Park
- Guludo Beach Lodge Mozambique/Quirimbas National Park