“Thanks for everything!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Royce Hotel
New Delhi, India
“Thanks for everything!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

My review is more personalized as anybody staying in Royce Hotel will experience a more personal bonding with top class customer service. Gino and his wife (are the proud owners of this amazing place) and they made this an awesome place with never ending hard work. My best wishes are with them, and as far as my stay was concerned, I had an amazing 7 days experience and was satisfied with everything around. Hopefully I will see them soon in a couple of months. A place worth spending every penny. Thanks again.

Room Tip: Everything was nearly perfect. Just go without any worries.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pratik_bhaumik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

- The hotel totally renovated.
- The cleanliness perfect.
- The rate is good 40 $ including breakfast and hot drink of your choice.
- The staff smiling and warm welcoming.
- The guests are recognized.
- The location of the hotel excelent.
- A/C available in rooms and nice HD screens with cable.
- The owner of the hotel friendly, suciable, available most of the time to listen to all the guests concerns.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank moutazismaeil
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

We have traveled for 2 weeks in the Sri Lanka, spent time only in 5-star hotels and in the end we booked Royce Hotel for a week. Royce is much much much better than those 5-star hotels.

Why? - The owners are fantastic people and they do anything to make sure your stay is perfect, they take care and assure you don't get ripped off by the locals (it's a common behavior in the country), it's clean, tidy, everything brand new, quiet and it looks and feels amazing. If you want to really enjoy your stay in Colombo, book this place!

Room Tip: Any room you choose is great
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dragos B
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

I recently stayed at Royce Hotel on a business trip for a week.

Ive been to Sri Lanka a few times and stayed and various 5-star hotels that did not impress me. From the lack of service, cleanliness, food.. being back I thought I would dread it again... but boy was I wrong!

The staff and service was impeccable and they paid attention to every detail which made my hectic business trip very comfortable!

The hotel is a boutique colonial style that transported me back in time! yet I was treated to thai-style raw prawns and the best french toast for breakfast.. best of new and old worlds!

The hotel is near the beach which is great for a short run.

Overall my stay was great and if i ever came back to Sri lanka it would be to stay only at Royce hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Mt.Lavinia was my last stop to visit in Sri Lanka. By the time I reached Mt.Lavinia, my body, mind, and spirit needs nothing but peace and quietness. Forget about the beach and the bustling city scenes, all I want is to stay in a tranquil space where I can write and reflect on my journey for a duration of 5 days, considering myself extremely lucky, I found Royce Hotel.

Royce Hotel's superb location allows me to access to morning beach jog and restaurants within 5 minutes of walk. Staff is extremely helpful and honest, noted that I've been traveling solo for years in SE Asia countries, thus I tend to be very cautious with the people I encounter initially, and I have to say, I must have done something very good in order to stumble in to this colonial paradise, where I always feel safe and treated respectfully by friendly staffs.

It's an elegant boutique hotel with stylish colonial architecture and impeccable interior design. The owner/designer had excellent taste that shows in the subtle details. Visually pleasing that ultimately lead to real relaxation.

I love everything Royce Hotel had offered, wether it was tea in the morning, or comfortable large bed, or superior services, it certainly had marked a beautiful bold double bar line to my trip in Sri Lanka.

Royce 旅館是這次為期一各月的斯里蘭卡之行裡的住的最好的行程。
絕佳地點、一流服務、價錢合理。
在Mt.Lavinia 時幾乎足不出戶,每天在旅館裡,享受寧靜,享受視覺的美好,遠離塵囂。而旅館的服務都快與五星級旅館不相上下了。雖然我目前還沒有想到任何回斯里蘭卡的理由,但是,若有一天我要再度拜訪斯國,Royce Hotel一定會在我的行程裡。
非常非常推薦Royce Hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Lovely place run by an Australian , and a cute white Tuk tuk at site to get to the town.fast WiFi and friendly staf2f and two min to the famous mount beach to taste delicious seafood at beach restaurants .

• Stayed July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

I recently checked into this newly opened hotel in Mount Lavinia, and was blown away by its friendly helpful staff and very clean and beautifully decorated interior. It's an old colonial house, restored to it's former glory and retains most of its original old features like brass locks, brass latches, old lamps....etc. It's simply charming!!

The location is perfect, 2 mins walk to the beach and the supermarket and the hotel provides in-house tuk tuk (three wheel cabs) for transport at local metered prices. We used the tuk tuk service during the whole of our stay. And I must say, this is very very convenient indeed, avoid having to haggle with outside tuk tuk drivers about price and worrying about getting ripped off.

Mind you, this is not a five star hotel. It doesn't claim to be. But believe me, although I was paying a 3 star price, I was definitely getting a five star service.

The staff were always on hand to help, with recommendations of places to eat and shop. And even went as far as helping me buy a bottle of coke from the supermarket at 10 pm!!

While I was there, I peeped into most of the rooms and they are all decorated in the old colonial style, with old antique furniture and old style king sized steel pipe beds. They had a green suite, a red suite and yellow suites in the main building. I opted to stay in the deluxe room in the extended wing which has a balcony overlooking the garden below. The room was clean, (which is the main thing, really) and the bed was oooh so comfy!! My husband, who is usually very particular about cleanliness and comfortable beds, was totally taken by the wonderful orthopedic spring mattress.

Breakfast was fantastic. There were 6 choices,(I think) and for the two mornings I was there, I had the bacon and Egg, the French Scrambled Eggs, my husband had the Omelette and Traditional thick French Toasts. They were all delicious!!But the french toasts warrant a special mention cos it was made so moist and fluffy, custardy and warm, drizzling with golden syrup and a knob of butter. Simply heavenly. I want it now!!!!

We only stayed two nights here, en route to Galle. But on the way back, we will definitely stay here again.

I look forward to the wonderful bed and the great staff.

Thank you guys, for putting in that extra efforts in making our stay so memorable!!

Room Tip: If you have the budget, choose the Green suite. It has direct access to the front veranda and garden...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple