“Another great stay”

Tropic Inn Hotel
London, United Kingdom
“Another great stay”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is my second stay at this great hotel, certainly made more special by the brilliant service of Lassither. He could not do enough and seemed to do so many jobs all with a lovely smile. Nothing is too much trouble for him. In fact all the staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are basic but very clean with very comfy beds. Air conditioning and fans help to ensure a good nights sleep.
Food choice is limited but very well cooked and tasty. I would recommend this hotel for a budget stay in Sri Lanka.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ruth W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here just one day. It was a little bit pricey for the monsoon time, but stil ok. The room we had, was not very big, but it was clean and comfortable.
The restaurant was also good, but not extraordinary.

But I have to say, the service was excellent. We forgot our shampoo and shower and the waiter gave us his, then we also forgot a adapter, he also gave us his, he even didn't wanted it back.
Everything we needed, they tried to held us.

Very nice! I would recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed there 2 nights, i felt its a great place to spend. Hotel staff are well behaved and very good in services. Breakfast was fantatic. I hope to stay there again & again. I love to visit my home land regularly.. I feel its a pleasant hotel for middle class exparitates..

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rayees A
Stirling
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed at Tropic Inn in June and as usual the staff were very good. But I must mention the fact that I left a very good, and only, pair of shoes when I moved on. It was two weeks before I discovered this. I contacted Tropic Inn and persuaded a tuk tuk driver to pick them up and bring them on the bus to Bentota. Tropic Inn also sent two T shirts which I hadn't even missed. Many thanks to Tropic Inn for holding on to them for me. See you again in January.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front can be noisy on school mornings.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank DaveStirling
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Tropic Inn.
The location is fantastic, just a 2 minute stroll to the beach and about a 7 minute walk to the supermarket , bank etc.
The rooms are basic but spotlessly clean.
The staff are all very friendly and helpful, especially the delightful Lassitha who checks every time he sees us if we are happy and if we need anything.
I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I am so glad I booked this place for my first night in Columbo. It's in one of the suburb areas south of the city and it's worth booking their airport pick-up service to avoid a long and arduous journey on public transport. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are basic but clean. Breakfast is ok and it's very close to the beach with some nice restaurants along the sand. Overall, great value.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We booked in first week of July 2014 to this hotel without knowing what will it be like. We checked in at 3 am on the 7th of July and a chap called Lassitha opened the gates with a big smile and helped us to carry the bags to the third floor of the building. We are a family of 4 kids under 12 and it was a very spacious room for mum and dad and the four kids. Room was nice and tidy with lots of space. The AC was working fine and of top of that, there was a fan if required.
From the start to end, Lassitha, the waiter/bellboy/receptionist did a awesome job looking after our needs to make us feel comfortable. If you ever need transportation, a room service or a programme trip, Lassitha will organise it for you. This is a kid friendly hotel and specially Lassitha genuinely loves kids and look to their needs.
The manager, Miss Simpson at the reception is the go to person for your financial needs and banking issues that you may face in Colombo. She's a calm and a laid back lady that would always make the customer first.
The kitchen staff is superb. They do the best breakfast buffet that I've ever tried. Selection of continental cousin and mouth-watering Sri Lankan breakfast ( thosa, kiribath, string hoppers and pol roti ) also for lunch and dinner, you could order anything which you can sit and eat at the restaurant or they will give you room service. Food is reasonably priced.
Beach is in a walking distance and kids enjoy spending the time on the beach playing with the monkey and the snake. People sell kites at the beach and nice warm water for a quick dip.
All in all, we are planning to choose Tropic Inn as our home away from home every time we come back to Colombo.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family