My husband and I have just returned yesterday from this hotel. We were staying on our honeymoon for 2 weeks. WOW. What a stunning paradise this is. absolutely fantastic in every way. I can't understand the bad reviews, all I can say is these people must either be blind or just moan about everything in their lives!
Check in was easy and quick, they understood we were tired and gave us privacy but we had the butler on hand if we needed anything.
We stayed in a garden pavilion, it was lovely. Spacious, clean, own plunge pool, The rooms were cleaned everyday, even tidied round on a night time when they came to turn down the beds.
Our butler, Suminda, was fantastic. They work hard and very long hours but the service is excellent. Always on hand if you need anything but you can also have privacy, they aren't always in your face.
All service throughout is excellent, everyone is friendly and can't do enough for you. The pool boy, I forget his name, shame on me! But he was excellent, very helpful, He even took us into the sea one day as we were not keen on going in alone. There are staff stood at the entrance to the beach day and night on watch, to make sure no one wonders in. They also clean your feet every time you come back from the beach.
Hotel grounds are stunning and immaculate. There are so many maintenance staff, working all day long at preening, gardening, watering etc. Not one thing is out of place.
The main pool is amazing, we had it to our selves more or less the whole time as everyone was sunbathing in the gardens, in their pavilions etc. Fresh towels every day at the main pool and in your own pool. Sunbeds already sorted for you and moved to where you want them when you come out. You don't have to lift a finger.
Food - wow. Fantastic. We went all inclusive so didn't look at the prices too much. But the food is amazing. The chef is so creative and nothing is too much trouble. If we didn't like something on the menu, he would cook what we wanted. presentation is beautiful and plentiful.
I've gone on a bit here but I just want people to know what an amazing gem this is. It is quiet/secluded and not much to do on a night. Also, can feel as if you have the staff and hotel to yourself sometimes, which was nice but may not suit some people wanting to make friends, be lively on a night etc.
In one word, paradise. You won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Serene Pavilions is a spacious tropical haven, located on the Southwest coast of Sri Lanka. The boutique hotel comprises of 12 Balinese-inspired pavilions, spread over 5 acres of landscaped gardens dotted with coconut palms and lotus ponds. Each pavilion offers a sumptuous bedroom, large living and dining areas, a marble bathroom with Jacuzzi, a kitchenette. The delightful outdoor area features a private plunge pool, and a wooden sundeck with outdoor dining space. With an emphasis on personal service, Serene Pavilions can craft your dream escape. Start the day with breakfast served by your private butler by your plunge pool, or take a dip in the Indian Ocean. Unwind in your villa, where a mix of Sri Lankan and Balinese furnishings create a natural style and tranquil atmosphere. Play tennis, swim a few laps in the central pool, enjoy a spa treatment, or sit back on the beach and wait for the spellbinding sunset. For dinner, choose from the daily menu, or book a private dining session and give the chef free reign to create something new. Then enjoy a nightcap at Amritha Bar as you listen to the waves roll in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Serene Pavilions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serene Pavilions Hotel Wadduwa
- Serene Pavilions Sri Lanka/Wadduwa