“the same aftermath”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Wadduwa
Durham, United Kingdom
“the same aftermath”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We spent two weeks here in April ( our 3rd time in this hotel,though last time was 10 years ago), we felt that the hotel had gone back overs in friendlyness but still enjoyed our holiday. We have also received letters from their legal team demanding payment for using the hotel, like the other reviewers, we were on all inclusive and don't owe anything. we have sent copies of letters and e.mails to our travel firm, who say they are dealing with the problem but this is still a worrying matter and needs to be sorted out quickly. Just like to finish by saying that Sri Lanka is a wonderful and friendly country , but we will never go back to this hotel for treating us like this.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank alang264

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2012

As a family we stayed at the hotel in April and on the whole things were ok but not fantastic. Service left a lot to be desired and although most of the staff were friendly we had some problems with the pool bar staff which was sorted by management. As all inclusive we couldn't understand why we had to sign for everything. Now we know. We have since received a demand for money to settle our bill for all the things we signed for. We were all inclusive and therfore owe the hotel nothing. Our tour operator is dealing with it. Anyone going there please be on your guard and I advise keeping details etc for a few months in case you also receive a solicitors letter demanding payment. Would I go back to this hotel definately not. However I would definately go back to Sri Lanka. If is a wonderful country.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building were clean and comfortable and the room boys were very good.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Ian F
Bad Toelz, Germany
Reviewed 24 July 2012

i was in villa ocean view hotel for 13 days with my friend and it was fantastic experience we ever had in our vacation period. the hotel location is wonderful and the facilities offers from the hotel is wonderful. animation team doing a great job and overall managers and staff is friendly and efficient. and also i must remarks with special thanks to Mr Shan Dias the assistant food & beverage manager who doing a remarkable job for operation as his friendliness and the way of handling the guess complains are amazing. we will be recommending villa ocean view to all revives and don t miss to meet Mr Shan the assistant food and beverage manager for any matters pertaining to hotel facilities and services.(as ladies we got lot of information about culture of sri lanka from him)
we will not forget to be back to villa ocean next year to get this wonderful experience.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Nika2807
Schwerte, Germany
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Now we are the second time here and we have a very nice time. The service is good, the personal very friendly. We relax at the pool, enjoy the rough beach and the friendly service team. Specially I want to send greetings for the friendly animation team, Tushi and Hatuk and the helpfull manager Shan Dias, who helps us in many situations He speaks very good German and can help especially German people.
I com here with my parents and my son, it is not correct, that the manager Shan is a womanizer.
We will come again a next time.

Room Tip: The luxury rooms a bigger and colder than the bungalow-rooms. We were sleeping in bungalow 44, it wa...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank KarinWaldheim
colombo
Reviewed 21 June 2012

i was in the hotel in firest week of may,The wellcome given by the frount dest was a saprice for me,room was given at the checking with in too minites an with coold tavels to hand,they all wase help to the client for the satisfaction of us,an the food was good an very friendly staff which willing to help at any time,all staff with smiling face,i say go their an enjoy your holiday

Room Tip: all the rooms are in a good standed
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank nadesha s
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I arrived at the hotel only to be told by the front desk my booking wasn't on the system. I asked for the manager, only duty manager (Suresh Fernando) was present as the manager to deal with my query. He asked me to pay £200 extra to be eligible for a room, as my booking wasn't on system and as I made my booking from UK. FERNANDO said my travel agency didn't pay them the money therefore they refuse to let me stay unless I pay them more cash in hand. I rang my t.agency straight away. Only to find out Fernando was lying to my face! T.Agency was willing to pay but Fernando wanted cash to be put throughout to his account before a certain time. He didn't want to receive agency's money in the correct way. Instead he refused to confirm the booking until someone from the agency puts cash into Fernando's account. He instead lied to me saying my booking was not on their system.
Piece of advice to all, please don't be gullible and trust the employees at this hotel despite however much they seem honest, because they are lying to your face after your money! My concern is if someone had No where else to go... they would have paid the £200 difference. And they would have taken anyone they can for a ride!
Don't give them your money. Please be careful and stay somewhere else. Mount Lavinia or Tangerine is great. They don't try to steal your hard earned savings!

• Stayed April 2012
21 Thank jelleby

Travellers are raving about these Wadduwa hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We had 2 weeks stay at The Ocean View Hotel,Very friendly staff,the ladies who worked in the grounds did a great job,the cleaning staff came in every day,the sheets were changed and a lovely flower arrangement on the beds.We could not fault the food,plenty to choose from and the staff were great.
We used Sri Lanka travel for our trips,reccomended on trip adviser(travelsrilanka 1 @hotmail.com)excellent travel guide and safe driver, a must for the roads in Sri Lanka
and were given packed lunches by the hotel.

All in all a very enjoyable holiday.

Val,Frank Feb 15th -1st march 2012

Room Tip: ground floor nice as you can sit outside on the grass,we stayed in 118
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Val C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wadduwa
Induruwa Beach Resort
#1 of 10 in Wadduwa
Citrus Waskaduwa
Citrus Waskaduwa
#1 of 1 in Waskaduwa

Been to Villa Ocean View Hotel? Share your experiences!