“Awful Hotel”
Review of Bahami Residence

Bahami Residence
Ranked #138 of 222 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Let me start off by mentioning that this was the worst hotel I have stayed in. When you first come into the view of the hotel, you see a dirty construction site, so that is not a great first impression. When we were first showed to our room, we were shocked. The carpet looked like it had never been vacuumed, the bathroom stunk, the mini fridge was clearly not cleaned and even had a hair in it, the table had unwashed stains on it and the balcony had cigarette ashes all over the place. We immediately demanded to have our rooms changed as theses were not conditions suitable for a rat. The room we moved to was a bit better but we chose to accept it rather that jump from room to room. Reception was there maybe 20% of the time, and they were usually talking on their cellphone. Our sheets and towels were not changed once in our 10 day stay. The housekeeper came probably 3 or 4 times just to mop the floor and take out the garbage during our stay. The hotel is a 20 min walk from the beach but it is close to the center which is its only plus. Stay away from this awful "3 star" hotel if you want to enjoy a comfortable vacation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yanb1710

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have just retired from a week away at the bahami residence with 6 friends and I must say that from reading the reviews about this hotel before I went was expecting the worst and what I actually got was a very good surprise rooms basic but modern everything you need for a week away location was good about 10 mins away from Main strip staff very friendly nothing to much trouble even tho communication was hard lol pool brilliant but cold lol maids came in everyday apart from Friday clean towels everyday no bed change during the hole stay tho so that was a negative and the maids just came in when they wanted even if signs were on doors but suppose better than not coming In at all overall a very good stay will decently return to the bahami residence if I ever go back to bulgaria

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Bstead1
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed at Bahami Residence, because the Bahami hotel was full.
As it was mentioned before - there is no bin in the room. The room wasn't cleaned for the 3 days that we were stayed and everything was in sand. Also, when the toilet paper over it wasn't replaced with new one.

It is too expensive room for poor quality. It should not be more than 25 euro/night - only because of the good location.

Good sides of the Residence:
- location - close to the center (~10 mins) and to the beach (~15 mins);
- parking place - in front of the Residence. We also used the Bahami hotel parking as well for free.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank B_Marinova
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We booked through BudgetPlaces. When arrived they said the mainBahami has been overbooked and we are staying in Bahami Residence and have to pay more. The attitude of the manageress stinks! She said we can go and find something else as they will not give us rooms for the price we paid! The Residence has just been opened and its high standard but:
We didnt have our room cleaned even once!! manageress randomly opens your room without knowcking when she shows new guests in as she doesnt remember which rooms are taken, we were said the hotel is so expensive as it has a kitchenette in the room: no plates pans or cutlery, hob and fan didnt work! When we asked for cutlery she said we didnt pay for it! No bins in the room, had to fight for !
All in all very rude! Worst of all not having your rooms clened, bin emptied for days and no change of towels for high price. Asking and nagging was ignored so gave up.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Olga S
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Hotel is located in center of sunny beach, 15 min away from beach but good oportunity to watch suvenirs. Also is very near to bus station(1 km) and this is a great thing because taxi is very expensive there(4.5leva/ km). I like it and if i ll ever go back to sunny beach i ll choose same hotel. Breakfast was a little bit poor and same every day and pool is small but never crowded. Staff is kind and they speak good english. Rooms are nice and large with balcony and modern furniture

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Mihaelaida
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I booked 3 double rooms for 6 peoples but the gave to us 1 double room and 1 apartmen for 4 peoples. The accomodation was terrible! I´m was really angry beacause i often use booking.com and the hotels are great but this was really bad experience!!! Staff was lazy and rooms were dirty. breakfast was really poor. Hotel is 20min. from the beach.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ivan230
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I was a guest at this hotel from august 15th through august 29th. When I arrived at the hotel, i did not recieve the room i had booked, but was placed in a two-bed room apartment. I got my room the following day.
After a day in my ”new” room I noticed a horrible smell from the bathroom, and made a complaint about it. A hotel employer came to my room to check it, but all he said was ” oh my god” and left the room. Nothing happend.
I also had to make a complaint about the broken toilet which was unable to flush. Two days later, a janitor came and fixed it.
Due to a broken chair in the balcony , i fell and hurt myself.
When i sat down in it, it fell apart and i injured my back. There was blood on my sheets, but noone changed it. I had to specifically ask for it. During my entire stay, my room was not cleaned once! When i asked for new towels, the rude cleaning lady threw the towels into my room.
The hotel managment is rude and non professional. It is unacceptable to be treated this way, especially when i pay to get their service! I even had to pay for the broken chair.
The only ones that were actually pleasant and polite in this hotel, are the people working in the bar.
I will absolutely not recomend this hotel to anybody. I will make sure that people know about the lack of service they provide at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo