“Great Hotel”

Ranked #27 of 221 Hotels in Sunny Beach
scotland
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Booked this hotel because we don't like the big complexes. What a good choice. Paid a bit extra for a bigger room and our room was great with plenty space and big balcony. Went b and b and this was fine with hot and cold choices. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Towels were changed daily. Only problem was getting a sunbed if you were up a bit late but this would not stop us booking the hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
13 Thank mary48scotland

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Motherwell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Started our family holiday on the 21st june 2013 which lasted 10 days and from day one we were very impressed by the orpheus our family room was huge with a seperate bedroom which included a large double bed and was cleaned every day with fresh towels shaped as swans and fans.We booked for BB and could not fault the choices. The Staff were ever so helpful and pleasant my husband and daughter birthday came when on holiday and both recieved a homemade birthday cake . cant wait to go back..

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank kimwillis551774
varadero
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

it was the best holiday in ages cant wait to go back very nice hotel also very nice staff lots of things to do lovely food and wine spot on very clean our maid called fatima was very nice kept our room spot on and our breakfast waitress very friendly everyone very friendly and polite my only downer was the streets not very good for disabled.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank christineVaradero
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed from the 23rd - 30th may 2013 ..from the moment we arrived to the moment we left we was treated like royalty.every staff member we came in contact with was friendly and alway spoke .staff dressed in professional uniforms including the chef . Don't miss the breakfast they are fab with lots of choice .this hotel is small clean and in a great location we stayed for lunch one day and that was really nice with a good choice on the menu .i would defo recommend to anybody p.s the housekeeper made us laugh each day with her towel designs !!!! Thank you to all the staff ...keep up the hard work :)

• Stayed May 2013
8 Thank angie01332
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

We have just returned from a 2 week holiday in the "STUNNING" MPM Orpheus Hotel with my family,
We arrived in the very early hour on 2nd June and was given the option of 2 seperate rooms
1 for me my wife and 2 children & 1 for my in-laws Or a larger family room, We opted for the Family room and believe me it was "FANTASTIC"
with a large living room, 2 large bedrooms 1 with en-suit the other with a bathroom close by,
the rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels (arranged beautifully).

We stayed B&B and the food we had was faultless.

This was our 3rd time of visiting BULGARIA and would highly recommend this hotel as "THE ONE TO STAY AT"
we spoke to various people who were staying at ("THE GRAND") Victorial Palace and they were dissapointed BUT loved our hotel and were regularly eating here.

The pool was small compared to local larger hotels but when there are only 28 rooms it was more the big enough and 90% of the time there was only us around the pool so no hassle getting sun loungers.

THE STAFF were brilliant with us and our 3yr old daughter I must mention a few names
CHRIS (bartender) who left while we were there TOP MAN
TIFFANY (receptionist) was like a big sister to my daughter even coming in on her day off to say goodbye
TEDDY (waitress) may come across as a bit dull but she too was loverly when you know here
VASCO (head chef) always went out of his way to say hello and have a chat
FATMA (cleaner) although could speak no English always acknoleged you and very pleasent,

IT REALLY ANNOYS ME WHEN YOU READ SOME REVIEWS AND PEOPLE CRITICISE THE FOOD,
You are in a foreign country, you dont expect to eat like you do at home!!!
IF YOU DO THEN YOU SHOULDN'T GO ABROAD, GO TO RHYL!!

One final thing is we will be booking to go again so dont request "OUR ROOM" LOL

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Russell P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the Orpheus the last week of May to the first week of June. The hotel although small compared to the large Victoria Palace and Hotel Marvel and it seems we made a great decision compared to the reviews of the fancy hotels!
We are a family of 6 (2 adults, 4 children) and we loved the hotel, clean, lovely helpful staff and the food was awesome, I recommend the Club sandwich and I'm salivating while typing now!
Pool was small but 9 out of 10 times it was only our kids in it. The sitting area has a large TV and is really comfortable for chilling out when the kids had enough of the sun!
So I recommend this hotel and would book again around the same time as May is a lot more chilled where as leaving today the Sunny Beach front was a lot busier!
I was dubious about Bulgaria after my wife booked it and the horror stories I've heard but Hotel Orpheus changed that!!!

• Stayed May 2013
9 Thank Dan O
Newcastle on tyne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

Having read the last review I had to share my opinon as I was holidaying over the same period (end ot MAY 2013),The hotel,staff and the food is tip top.The rooms are cleaned every day to very high standard and not an ant in sight.The bacon I agree was nice as was the rest of the breakfast! the evening meal has a good selection of at least 4 choices and is worth the supplement for half board.To be honest I neglected to look at the tiles on the floor as I was to busy enjoying my holiday,this is the second time I've been to this hotel and are booking for next year without question.I can't recall at anytime seeing my wife jumping on the bed to put on make-up? and as for the TV we just used the remote! The rooms are a good size and the beds are very comfortable,the air con worked fine, we slept well every night with very little noise either from inside or outside the hotel. Take it from me this is a diamond of a hotel and I cannot understand some of the negitive comments posted.Try it you'll be surprised.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the back sun in the morning and cooler in evening"