We stayed at the Hotel Orpheus from 23rd August to 6th September 2013.
It is ideally situated in a quieter area of Sunny Beach which is exactly what we were looking for as a family of 5.
The hotel is relatively small compared to many of the other hotels in the area and this is reflected by the small but ideal swimming pool with comfortable sun loungers dotted around a decked area around the pool.
The room we stayed in was a twin room with an added camp bed for our 9 year old son.
My wife loved the large bath which also had an overhead shower.We also had a balcony which overlooked the road in front of the hotel but this wasn't really much of a problem,most of the noise that we heard during the day and night was created by the clipping of horses hooves from the horse and carts that operated from close by on a daily basis and the occasional coach picking up or dropping guests off at hotels nearby.
The hotel is well located for a short stroll to the beach and the main strip,which we found to be quite loud and busy every evening with restaurants and bars all vying for your custom,which although you do get used to it after a few nights,it does begin to get a little tiresome.
We tended to use restaurants away from the beach road because this was the quieter,hassle free way to eat out from our experiences.
We stayed on bed and breakfast basis and we had no complaints whatsoever on the quality of the food.
There was a regular choice of a full English along with various breads,cereals,cheeses,cooked meats,fruits.
The staff were really friendly and helpful during our stay and nothing was too much trouble for them.
I approached the hotel manager Mariyanna on a couple of occasions to resolve a couple of minor niggles which were dealt with very quickly and professionally.
Our maid Fatme had us in awe of her regular towel creations of swans,dogs,rabbits etc which kept our son amused as well.
The poolside bar area was decorated nicely with cream drapes around huge cream settees which were shaded and very comfortable.
Overall this is a lovely,friendly,small sized hotel in a good location which would be ideal mostly for families and couples and I would definately recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MPM ORPHEUS Boutique hotel is located 50 meters from the beach in the Northern part of Sunny Beach. The hotel offers an extremely romantic, intimate and relaxed atmosphere. Recently MPM ORPHEUS Boutique hotel works on Adult Only basis, as the minimum age of our guests must be 16 years. Nestled amidst a gorgeous green garden, MPM ORPHEUS Boutique hotel offers 16 double rooms, 5 one-bedroom apartments, 2 two-bedroom apartments and 2 VIP apartments to its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your MPM Orpheus Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orpheus Hotel Sunny Beach
- MPM Orpheus Boutique Hotel Bulgaria/Sunny Beach