“Great food”
Review of Hotel Klisura

Hotel Klisura
Ranked #82 of 222 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Me and my boyfriend didn't stay at this hotel but we ate at the one for the road restaurant and bar every morning during our stay last June. We will definitely be returning there next week when we are going back to Sunny Beach. The staff are friendly and the food is great, couldn't fault it!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Amy H

Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is not a 5 star hotel and doesn't purport to be. What we got was a medium-sized family hotel with pool and clean rooms. The room was massive (double the width of a 'normal' hotel room, which allowed the provision of a large sofa, coffee table and padded stools - in addition to the bed - and still plenty of space!. This meant we were able to relax in comfort when not out and about. Shower-room was big too, including shower cubicle. Good supply of hot water every time we needed it.
We really enjoyed the choices on offer for breakfast (included in our room price) which suited British and European tastes. We also had some pleasant evening meals in the restaurant and outside bar during our stay - all reasonably priced.
Our room was clean and tidy with maid service each day. Will definitely go back again next year and have recommended for my son, daughter-in-law and their children.

Room Tip: Ask for room not overlooking road and you should have a room over-looking own pool or pool of hotel...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank matteypam
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I read with trepidation some of the comments about this hotel and wondered what had I booked myself, hubby and two friends into. We arrived during a terrible thunderstorm but were greeted with a smile even though it was 03.30am. The rooms were massive with a good bathroom. Bed linen was very clean and changed 3 times during our ten day stay and the towels were changed every day which surprised me also there were no holes in either the bed linen or towels. Breakfast to begin with was the usual eggs, bacon and sausage in warming recepticles but there was also a cold meat and cheese buffet with salads of tomato, cucumber, pepper and grated feta like chese on top. Plenty of bread, butter and preserves. After a few days when other continental guests had left and the cold buffet disappeared we were greeted by the manageress asking us what we would like - boiled, poached, scrambled or fried eggs, bacon, sausage all came fresh and hot. The poached eggs were excellent as was everything else. The last breakfast I had a cheese and ham omelette - perfection personified. We had a few meals outside in the bar area at lunchtime and at night and we enjoyed them very much. If I was to go back to Sunny Beach again then I would certainly return to Hotel Klisura. All the staff were friendly and spoke even the maids who cleaned our room had a laugh and a joke with us. Even if people cannot speak our language they will always respond to a smile and good morning !!!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms got the sunshine lunchtime through to sunset but of course not everbody can have one.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
13  Thank Sheebs5
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We've just returned from an eleven night stay at The Klisura, our third visit to this hotel. On arrival we were greeted by Grasy the owner who on checking our reservation discovered the company we booked the hotel with had filed for insolvency! Great start! No problem she said offering us the last available room, we could pay tomorrow when the banks open. Phew!
As usual we had a massive room, well furnished and a shower area we could hold a dance in! I find it strange here that you have to put on the duvet covers yourself, it's not really a big deal but unusual. While completing this task however I did note the duvets could do with being laundered!
Breakfast, for the few we bothered with, is the usual Bulgarian hotel offering, a good choice in the continental section, sausage,bacon & eggs luke warm but edible. On the other hand, food at 'The Last Drop Bar' on the grounds of the hotel is as good as you'll find in Sunny Beach with their home made soup being a favourite with my wife and I! Prices here are average as are the bar prices.
We could not fault the staff for service or friendliness from Stan & Grasy to the bar staff, the girls serving the food & drinks, the reception staff to the cleaners! I've read in other reviews somewhat the opposite. Personaly, I find if you're pleasant to hotel staff you will get the same in return.
Roll on next year 'till our next visit to The Klisura! (I'll make sure I book with a reputable company this time!)

Room Tip: We have stayed in rooms on both sides of the hotel, 1st floor & 3rd floor and find either accept...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mr World Traveller
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This place on first arrival looks very basic. A lot of other Hotels around look very flash. However we loved it. Upon first walking into our room we were amazed by the size. Everything was big. The bed, the sofa bed and the balcony but the shower wasn't big it was HUUUGGGGGGE. Very comfy and clean. The staff were lovely and polite. The pool always had available sun beds and was a sun trap from early morning till 4.30pm. Lopping of the tree would give an extra hour. We observed many poos that were in the shadows for long hours. We heard some people whingeing about the stupidest things such as no HP sauce. Get a life your in bloody Bulgaria for crying out loud. Some people winged because it didn't look flash. We heard stories about some really flash looking places which were awful inside. Yes breakfast could be a little cold if you weren't there 1st thing but this didn't bother us because it was edible and got us through to dinner time which we always ordered from the hotel and was always good. The hotel is far enough from the noise to be comfortable but very short walk to everything from the beach to the bars and restaurants. If your looking for flash stay away. If your looking for a quality holiday get to the Klisura. May see you there because we'll be going back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Jasvog
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I am sitting by the pool at the Klisura hotel waiting to be picked up to go home. We have had a wonderful stay here. The hotel is a great base to explore the sights of sunny beach. The hotel is basic, but the rooms are huge, with comfy beds, a massive shower and everything you could need. The pool area is great, never had a problem with sunbeds, always free when we needed them. The hotel also has a great bar on the grounds which we had a drink in nearly every night. The beach is only 10 mins walk away (if that). Grey value for money and would recommend to anymore looking for a cheap holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Twosteves
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I chose the Klisura on recommendation and previous reviews and all I can say is standards must have slipped.
I booked 10months in advance hoping to secure a front of hotel pool room - no chance - according to "Stan" the manager these are reserved for friends and regulars to the hotel, instead we had a room at the back of the hotel next to the main road that only saw the sun at daybreak and had disappeared from our balcony by 8am-ish. This was really unfortunate for us as our curtain track was bust so the curtains never covered the windows so the sun woke us every morning about 5.30am just when we didn't want to see the sun shine on us. Our first night there we reported this but it never did get repaired. Another downside to sleep quality -the beds were hard as nails so we never got a good nights sleep without waking with pins and needles, aches and pains.
We were b&b but the breakfast wasn't worth getting up for and we were not allowed to use the HP sauce that was for paying customers - what were we then as I have a big hole in the bank account where I paid for this holiday. I have never experienced anything so pathetic and greedy!
We did pay for a breakfast one day (different to the one hotel guests get) and was allowed to use the HP but it wasn't worth the money compared the to the breakfasts we bought in places like the Hawaii -they were proper full English breakfasts and you didn't have to pay an extra 2.50lev to have coffee instead of tea like we did in the Klisura!!
The couple of snacks we bought were not very good either - I def wouldn't recommend paying to eat there. How anyone can make a salad badly and miss vital ingredients is beyond me.
Another gripe - also didn't like the fact that safety deposit box was in reception and cost us 65lev.
The only plus for me was the room/bathroom was spacious, reception staff, Stefan and cleaners were friendly and helpful and the cleaners came regularly and changed towels, as for Stan he never spoke to us except the first night re the room and curtains - whether it was because we didn't really use the bar facilities where he seemed to spend most of his time (every time we passed he was sat at the corner eating or drinking) or the fact we'd queried our room, etc I'll never know because I'll never go back there - that's for sure.
This hotel is nowhere near a 4 star it's tired and is in need of a good overall and decorating/lick of paint,etc

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple