Forum Hotel
Helena Park Hotel(Sunny Beach)
US$138
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Royal Beach(Sunny Beach)
US$114
US$97
  • Breakfast included
Laguna Park Hotel(Sunny Beach)
US$94
US$92
  • Pool
Hotel Riu Helios(Sunny Beach)
US$154
US$143
US$106
  • Pool
Trakia Garden Hotel(Sunny Beach)
US$42
US$41
  • Breakfast included
Helena Sands Hotel(Sunny Beach)
US$132
US$129
Family Hotel Romantic(Sunny Beach)(Great Value!)
US$23
US$20
Hotel Atol(Sunny Beach)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$23
US$143
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsinclusive barair conmini barnice place to staynice bathroomrooms are bigthe wi fichanged everydaybooked this hotellovely hotelcleaned every daynessebarbarmancocktailsbulgariablackpoolseason
Reviewed 25 September 2012

September in Bulgaria is actually quite a good option - end of the season, weather is not that hot, beach is still very nice. Hotel Forum offered us great value for 4 star all inclusive hotel. We booked directly through the hotel website and got amazing deal. I would recommend booking directly - the reservations staff are very nice and helpful.

So, the room when we got there was fasing the street, and we wanted to change it. Unfortunately there was availability on the next day so we spent one night there. Actually the room are very nice - big and comfortable beds, nice new TVs, big bathroom, very clean towels (changed everyday), clean linen.

The food in the restaurant is also nice. The variety is nice although it could be a lot better. The staff at the restaurant is helpful and nice. Thanks to Sammy for the lovely cocktails.

The location of the hotel is perfect - very close to Nessebar and 5 minutes away by bus to the centre. Bus-stop is right behind the hotel.

I would recommend Forum for friends and families!

Reviewed 25 September 2012

We are just back fom a short trip through the Bulgarian sea-side. We chose Forum for our 3-days stay in Sunny Beach. Generally it was a good decision - small boutique hotel with great location. The rooms are very modern - spacious and comfortable. Nice LCD TVs, mini-bar, safe in the room, basically all the amenities a 4-star hotel should have. We could feel the low-season coming however - the staff was already tired, not smiling that much and worked a bit slow. Anyhow we spent a lovely 4 days at this hotel and I would recommend it. Food was also nice and warm, constantly topped up and with good variety.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I have just returned from Bulgaria staying at the Forum for 2 weeks 9th-23rd Sept, travelling with my wife and mother and father in law. We were on an All-inclusive package. We booked 3 weeks prior to travelling and read the reviews, we were pleasently surprised with all the positive comments.
Let me start with the Negatives;
-There was a distinct lack of cups, a lot of chipped crockery in general, and also very few glasses for you cold drinks and beer, in fact we normally kept the same glass throughout the day.
-Ice seemed to be at a premium, 1 cube per drink usually
-Get an odd number room as these are on the quieter side, evens are on the main road. We had 308 for the first night then moved.
-Yes some of the staff were unhelpful, as was recently commented
-Not enough sunbeds by the pool, and Parasols had seen better days.
-Beach beds had no cushions, however you could hire them from the Imperial hotel round the corner, part of the same group
-AI beach bar, ne hut, was nothing to get excited about, just beer and Pepsi.
-Food in general was nothing to get excited about either, generally was warm rather than hot. And little choice.
Now some positives;
-Hotel was clean and tidy.
-Bath towels changed every day
-Room was large, flat TV, and comfortable bed.
-Air con worked well.
-Angela and Sammy were very pleasant.
-As it was a small hotel got to know most of the guests
Overall we had a good time, the location was ideal for us, 20-25 min walk to centre of Sunny Beach. 20-25 minute walk to Nessebar. 10 mins to the Beach.
The bus to either Sunny Beach or Nessebar ran frequently and cost 1 Lev, alternatively you could use the Little train 3 lev each.
Would recommend visitng both, we ate out several times and found the Food was really good value for money.
To sum up this is more a BB than a Hotel, would i return.
To Bulgaria yes, to the Forum No.

Room Tip: Odd Numered Rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My friends and i went all inclusive and came home over a stone lighter!the food was vile,no choice,snacks all through the day we were told,WRONG a slice of bread ,pate and a slice of tomato !staff were rude and unhappy,another guest woke up covered in bites from an infestation of bedmites in her room.No tea/coffe facilities in the rooms so much for four star,there was no information in english and the staff spoke very little broken english.
We were really gutted,we will never go there again ,also beware after 2nd week in Sept everyting in the resort closes down,including the bar on the beach owned by the forum?

Room Tip: building going on all the time.
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Myself and my partner stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks at the beginning of August.

Good points: the room was very modern, and was cleaned daily.
The drinks for AI were ok with a good selection.
The reception staff and bar staff were friendly.

Bad points: the food was horrendous, both myself and my partner were ill for a large amount of our holiday, they were serving pink chicken, raw fish, cooked tomatoes served in raw egg..all food was heated up then left cold then attemptedly heated with the buffet oil lamps ...(a lot of meat was so cold it tasted like it had come out the fridge) a lot food I had I bit in to then immediately spat out! I know for a fact we weren't the only ones to be very ill from eating here as a couple we met were also unwell and when I used the toilet in the reception I saw the all to familiar poo spray up the back of the toilet (almost to the seat)! Not relaxing rushing to the toilet every 5 minutes!

The pool is dirty, and needs some serious maintenance as has grass and weeds growing round the edges and leaks down one end.
There were nowhere near enough sun loungers (you had to put your towel down very early or you had no chance of getting one until the suns gone down) also a lot of the umbrellas were broken, and kept flying away (pretty dangerous).

Snacks were a joke, plate of old biscuits in the afternoon :-/

Our usual cleaning lady was lovely and always said hello. However one day another lady (old, quite large with short grey hair) cleaned our room, they forgot to give us any towels. I was just getting in the shower so my partner went and asked the maid for some towels she gave them to my partner who they started heading back to the room at this point the maid followed my girlfriend back to our room, my Gf said its ok we dont need you to come, the maid then tried to open our door, my Gf said she couldn't come in as I am undressed the maid grabbed and pushed my Gf still trying to get in. I heard the commotion and was forced to get dressed and come out and dissolve the issue. It's not out she had forgotten to issue us towels. This was just unbeliveabley rude behaviour! As you can imagine we were both less than impressed with this!

Lovely view of a sex shop from our balcony!

One barman openly dealing drugs outside the hotel and is constantly stoned! (he's very open about this)

Breakfast: if you enjoy English breakfasts your going to be disappointed. The nearest you will get is boiled egg and beans! They also serve what looks like hot dog sausages (doesn't taste like them unedible) dryed old bread with what looked like cheese toasted on top scrambled egg (well eggs floating in milk) and PASTA!!

We stopped eating at the hotel after a week we were so ill! We were still recovering a couple of weeks after returning home!

The people in Bulgaria are so rude (that's not the Bulgarians) its the russians and germans etc! they don't believe in Queuing or having manors! Was unbelievable at times.

The beach was far from beautiful was full of seaweed and the sand covered in cigarette butts. But was somehow the busiest beach iv ever seen.

In all this wasn't a great holiday! We won't be back. We hope people don't listen to the unbelievable 5 start reviews iv seen on for this hotel. There is something VERY dodgy going on as anyone who had been there would not rate it highly!

P.s. a good place to eat is the syberian restaurant. (left outta hotel then right down the far side of the hotel/shops there building) the veal steak was extremely Good!

• Stayed: August 2012