“Wonderful holiday”

Ranked #132 of 221 Hotels in Sunny Beach
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful holiday”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I was at Amaris Hotel for a week with my bff and i have to say it was wonderful time!The hotel looks interesting with those blue-oringe colours and it's clean and tidy.Manager was always on duty,we needed a help with aircon and he came by himself and fix it.
Breakfast was good enough for us,there are coffee tea and some juices,fruits and vegs.
We loved to stay by the pool,good music,cheap drinks-come on,can you tell me how much you pay for a drink somewhere else...
So,we love Amaris,we will come back

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank lara33paris

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Hello,

My name is Sebastian. I have just gone to Sunny Beach with my girlfriend where we stayed at Amaris hotel. We found this on booking.com and since we were going to be in Europe we picked it for a beach vacation.

Let me start of by saying that I really don't get why so many people complain about this hotel, it seems like some people are just to picky or just want to complain about every little thing. Here is my review and please note that I have traveled the whole United States including Alaska and Hawaii so this is not my first trip to a hotel as it seems it may be for some others who complain as they have never seen other hotels and how bad they can be for a higher price.

Ok so the Hotel is nice, clean, and the Steff is great. Kami, Tedy and dining room room are great, they go far and beyond to make your stay comfortable. It really was pissing me off when I saw how rude some people can be to the staff, no wonder they complain afterwards because if your an [--] why should the employees be nice to you and go out of their way...

The service was excellent. I see a lot of complaints about breakfast, well let me tell you that the breakfast may not be the best but this is no Hilton and I have stayed at holidays in and budget ins where the breakfast didn't even compare. For a free breakfast its good enough... No complaints at all.

My only improvement suggestion would be to leave the bar open a bit longer and play music a bit louder but then again from what I have been told its the complainers that made the owner start shutting the bar off earlier and keeping the music low. Some people have really nothing better to do.... The rudest of people were some of the people staying there not the hotel staff. I had no problems neither did my GF. It was more then we accepted and for the price it was excellent. If we go back to Sunny Beach we would stay there again no problem.

My over all sunny beach review will be a lil different but it wll be on the sunny beach page as it has nothing to do with the Hotel and how cool it was.

Seb

4 Thank SebSR79
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I travelled with my boyfriend and our 2 year old son, plus 5 other family members were with us. Having e-mailed the hotel to make sure we had a cot and asking for all 3 rooms to have a pool view, they replied yes. But noooo, our view was of a large yellow patch of grass and we had no cot or even a little bed. So on going down to reception she told me we were forgot off the list!!! Charming. We had the beds changed 3 times the whole 2 weeks we were there and 2 of them I had 2 ask for. The rooms had 2 beds and the cot and the fridge and t.v in the one small room and shower separate the room had never seen a Hoover as there were long black hair everywhere, I have blonde!!!!! I would strongly advise to take a kettle and hairdryer. The manager of the hotel is very ignorant and thinks he's royalty. By the pool there is only 2 tables with 4 chairs, my dad went to sit on 1 and was told to move, on watching the 'manager' was sat there on his own eating his massive plate of tomatoes and cheese and a tub if salt. This happened every night. The bar stated its open until 11, it closed at 9pm. Having a 2 year old we were very conscious of the pool, but it looked nice. Seeing the 40 for 400 guests sun beds set out there was literally inches between the end of the beds to the edge of the pool. Very dangerous. So we spent a lot of our time on the beach. Beautiful beach. I want to give 2 places the massive thumbs up its the Morris restaurant on the beach front, excellent food and brilliant service. And the Piccadilly pub/restaurant. We had some good nights in there and our waitress Vicky is by far the best.

Never again will we step foot on Bulgarian land!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
6 Thank Leagazbailey

Travellers are raving about these Sunny Beach hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Just arrived back from Sunny Beach in Bulgaria and was very impressed at the Amaris Hotel,as like all hotels there it's hit and miss if you are having meals in them.We only ever book bed and breakfast and I can say that the breakfast had everything that you could ask for in any hotel,no English bacon and fried eggs but more than enough to choose from,and with nice fresh fruit and veg.The rooms are kept clean and have a fridge tv and free air con. reception are very helpful,nothing a problem to them.The pool area is kept nice and clean

Room Tip: ask for pool view when booking
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2013

i have recently come back from a weeks holiday with my husband.I have to say the standard of this hotel is VERY basic,the room had wires hanging out of an electrical socket where the tv was plugged in,stains on the wall and dust webs on the ceiling.
The room consisted of two single beds pushed together(sheet on one bed were stained).two chairs a sideboard with a small cupboard fridge,portable tv and wardrobe. NO kettle or cutlery or plates so dont think you can make yourself a hot drink or sandwich because you cant!!
Best thing about the room was the toilet/wetroom as the shower was powerful.
The balcony was tiny (maybe 6x3ft) which had a plastic table and two chairs plus the aircon unit on it which meant it was boiling hot out there.
The swimming pool was quite small and had only 40 sun loungers available which were all taken by 8a.m due to the hotel has room for 200 plus guests so dont plan to sunbathe because you will be dissappointed!!
Breakfast consists of the same thing everyday,a big bowl of scrambled eggs and hotdog sausages which quickly go cold,three types of salami,three types of cheese,cucumber,tomato,two types of cereal,sliced bread or small cobs,plums and slices of orange
If you are intending to be out all day and all night and just using your room as a base to sleep then its fine otherwise give it a miss plus it is definately no good for families with children
if you want somewhere with a bit more life go to one of the many hotels closer to the beach.

On the plus side we had a meal and drinks (plus a decent cup of hot tea) at the golden dreams hotel accross the road,service and food are both excellent here.

2 Thank andkaz
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013

arrived 19th august not knowing what to expect but we were pleasantly surprised at how high the standards were both with cleanliness of hotel and the super pool. staff both in hotel an at pool bar could,nt be more helpful only downside was breakfast was not for us but that will not put me of staying their next year as hotel was in good location for all amenities of resort

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank David S
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We booked a last minute holiday to this hotel and to be fair we wasn't expecting to much as it was a 3* hotel as long as it had a comfy bed and a pool we would of been happy but we were pleasantly surprised at how nice and clean the hotel was. We had one of the larger rooms so i think that helped. We never had any trouble from anyone and the staff were all very friendly and helpful if you need anything. I will agree breakfast wasn't great but then again i don't eat alot of fruit or cereal so we just choose to eat breakfast while we were out.
This is a 3* hotel you get what you pay for and in my option its well worth the money. Location was also good and it was one of the quietest hotels i have stayed in. The double glazed doors are excellant for keeping noise out.

• Stayed August 2013