“Regina Hotel Sunny Beach”

Regina Hotel Sunny Beach
Ranked #168 of 222 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Reviewed 29 September 2013

the hotel was passable, the staff tried to clean it as much as possible. The bar was a bit a of a joke with you having to stand around for 15 mins while they tried to find someone, but under no circumstances go all inclusive, the food was disgusting, big lumps of fat hanging off what they describe as bacon, you get 2 choices at dinner and tea pork or chicken and I don't mean a nice piece of pork or chicken either they were literary the whole chicken mashed up or the pork in a strange smelly mess.
everything was tepid at best so if there's a microwave use it
we ended up eating out everyday

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Patrick H

Reviewed 25 September 2013

first time visiting bulgaria and due to my experience in this hotel its put me off coming back, all inclusive but had to eat out the food was so bad, drinks were flat, bar closed at 11pm, pool bar closed all together, rooms were awful, bathroom was a health and safety concern. dont book this hotel it should be closed down.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank debbiedarcy
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my friend 8th Sept to 15th Sept 2013.

Location is fantastic as the bars and shops are less than 5 minutes away. The beach is less than 5 mins away.

The problems we encountered are as below:

1) The bar closed before 11pm - we paid for all inclusive the times should not have changed.
2) Food - The food was cold, stale, limited choices and generally inedible.
3) Restaurant - Wires across the floor trip hazard, plates was chipped and the hot trays didn't keep the food warm.
4) Drinking glasses - I noticed after ordering a few drinks that they hadn't been washed properly.
5) Maids- My friends room got entered by the hotel cleaning maids, they stole £140 which was in lev and when we told the hotel, the reception staff/ management was not interested and pretended to not speak any English.
6) Snack Bar - The pizza was the best bit of food in this hotel, there could of been more options as it was pizza or sandwiches.
7) Rooms - Nice size rooms but the towels / bedding was left until the 5th day before being changed!
8) Pool Bar - The drinks run out and we got told they wasn't restocking the bar and closed it off.
We paid for all inclusive and found this unacceptable. The drinks was warm, flat and out of a bottle. The beer was the only cold fizzy drink. The barman outside was rude and unhelpful.
9) Sleep Quality - There was trouble in the hotel a corridor door got smashed, a girl got attacked by 2 blokes on the 2nd floor. The young guy on reception came up and caused more trouble and most people on our floor was kept awake until 3am! No security came up! I was petrified!!

All in all we had to eat / drink out. I would not advise staying at this hotel at all.
The bar man Valeri was polite, friendly and helpful. I stayed for one week and wouldn't of been able to cope any longer. My friend and I complained to Balkan Holidays and Thomson. They told us to complain in writing! Our holiday was ruined by staying here!! Untrustworthy staff stay away!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Amanda G
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We went twice to this hotel. Once in 2011 and in 2013. The first time was really good I have to say. It was very clean and we thought it is great value for money. That's way we returned again in 2013 August. But this time was really not impressed. I understand that the hotel is dated a bit especially the bathrooms, but the level of cleanliness was unacceptable. Sheets were changed every 4 days minimum and soups are never left unless you ask. The staff at the reception are exceptionally rude.
The location though is excellent. I wouldn't recommend the food.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

This hotel is the worst ever me and fifteen others went August 2013. I wouldn't recommend this dump to any one who is English. They do not cater for us we went all inclusive worst thing we ever did as the food is so poor I wouldn't give it to my dog.also the rooms are very poor my bedding only got changed once in the two weeks I was there terrible. Also first time in the bed we found it was full of sand. People don't touch this if you need more please email me sblyth78@hotmail.co.uk

Room Tip: Poolside would be better
2  Thank scott b
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed here with family for 2 weeks in August 2012. By far by best holiday and will be returning. Not only is it situated in a great spot close to the night life, places to eat and also the beach. The hotel caters all inclusive. A lot of the time I find that all inclusive holiday can be harsh on how much and what you eat however hotel Regina provided amazing food and a large quantity. Drink also did not fall short. Drink was available at the pool until 2pm and then at the lobby until 11pm. Room was an ideal size. We had 2 rooms right beside each other. Both rooms had pool view which was great and I felt like I had an amazing holiday. Probably the best yet and I will return with more people next time :)

Room Tip: Stayed in Aug 2012 however was unable to state, great place!
4  Thank Nicole L
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Me and my pal (both 22) are just back here having spent a week! Wasn't exactly looking forward to it after the bad reviews but we had a great time! Location is brill, right on the beach and near to loads of bars!

Food maybe isn't fantastic but we ate in every day and got something different each day so if your not fussy then it's fine!

We drank beer and vodka mainly and although the local stuff, tasted fine and certainly wasn't watered down!

For a twin room it was pretty big and had a sofa and tv! Bathroom was a decent size too and really powerful shower.

Would defs stay here again and would recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2013