“Fantastic holiday at the Fairies....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairies Palace, Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sunny Beach
Fairies Palace, Hotel
Ranked #35 of 219 Hotels in Sunny Beach
S. Wales
“Fantastic holiday at the Fairies....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed at the Fairies Palace 19 July - 3 August, and had a fantastic holiday. The apart-hotel consists of 15 apartments and one extra which is used as a staff office. The apartments and grounds are cleaned everyday spotlessly and the maids do a fantastic job. Our apartment was on the 3rd floor of four, and there are no lifts. The apartments are quite spacious with a separate air-conditioned bedroom, with a small balcony, which has large twin beds pushed together, bedside units with reading lamps, dressing unit with stool and concealed hairdryer in drawer, and wardrobe in which only 7 clothes hangers were provided, so bring your own. The beds and pillows were quite comfortable and the bed linen was changed daily. The safety deposit box is in reception, and not in the room and costs 5 leva per day. The bath room has only a shower, no bath, and a toilet and hand basin. Towels were changed daily. The rooms are very quiet in the night and soundproofing is quite good unless they're having a party above or below you.
The main room is also air-conditioned, has a larger pool facing balcony, and has a dining table and four chairs, television (limited English channels), small sofa bed, and a chair which converts into a narrow single bed too. There is a full size cooker, refrigerator, electric kettle, and all the plates, glasses and cutlery, but no bottle opener.
The swimming pool is open from 8.00 am to 6.00pm, but this is where the only fault with the apartments is. There are not enough sunbeds to fulfill the needs of holiday makers at the busiest part of the season when children are on holidays and the rooms will be fully occupied. This led to us not even getting a sunbed for the first 2 days and I complained to reception on the 3rd day when guests were leaving their towels on the beds from that days sunbathing to reserve them for the following day. I was told if I wanted to reserve a bed for the following day then I needed to do the same as everybody else and reserve my beds. I did feel guilty doing this but as I hadn't managed to actually get any beds the first 2 days i just followed suit. Only once did reception actually remove the towels from the beds but by 2.00am they were all back on. By the side of the pool is a small whirlpool hot-tub and this costs 5 leva for about 20 mins. Inside the reception building is the small bar from where you can get a bottle of beer, water or soft drink and it was 2.30 leva for a beer and 1 leva for a bottle of water.
The restaurant is closed ( has been since last year ) and so is the supermarket that was in the building, but there are 2 supermarkets outside and one is literally next door, so no problem.
Reception staff were brilliant, especially pony-tailed Chris who loves to chat to the Brits. Reception does not change money but there is an official Crown Exchange around the corner, right turn at the traffic lights where you can also find a pharmacy.
Bank ATM is 5 minute walk away, just past the emergency medical center should you ever need it.
Great breakfast can be found at the 'Bolero' restaurant behind the apartments, full English breakfast, and coffee or tea - 7.50 leva, just over £3. Fantastic value and good quality food,
All in all a great stay, with friendly staff, and the apartment block being so small that everybody got on together and spoke to each other, and we had many a night drinking into the small hours of the morning with our new found friends.

Location
8 Thank twint0p

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed at Fairies Palace 26/6/14-10/7/14, I chose these apartments having read previous reviews and overall they were as described. Good location, close enough to reach the heart of the resort but far enough away to get a good nights sleep. They were clean on arrival and the maid kept them that way throughout our stay, changing towels and bed linen very regularly.

The air conditioning worked in lounge and bedroom and having a balcony front and back of the apartment was great. It was comforting to see 24 hour security on the gates, not that I saw anything that warranted it but the ground floor rooms could have been vulnerable I syuppose. I've seen a few comments about the pool being cold but I used it everyday and just found it refreshing,not freezing.

Now to a couple of negatives, I was a bit surprised to see another reviewer mention adequate crockery in the room. I experienced something different as I found a lack of cooking utensils and the bare minimum of cutlery and crockery. We were supplied with 3 very small dinner plates (barely bigger than a tea plate),3 mugs,3 glasses(one of which was cracked) and 3 sets of cutlery. We went as a couple so you might wonder what I'm moaning about, well my brother and his wife holidayed with us in their own apartment and on several occasions we cooked a meal for each other or had a drink in each others apartment, not having 4 of anything meant we had to take our own crockery and cutlery with us (and we had to remember to take them back to our own room,it was silly! We were charged an under occupancy rate for these rooms as they're supposed to accommodate 4 people so what's that all about?

Cooking in the room was also a bit of fun, one frying pan (good quality and seemed unused) and just a single saucepan which was huge,like a stew pan and no lid. A portion of baked beans for two looked lost in it and when I asked for another smaller pan I was told they had none? I ended up buying a saucepan and a veg knife (the only one supplied was a big carving knife,razor sharp and I didn't fancy loosing a finger end whilst peeling some spuds). Also bought a colander,straining spoon,veg peeler and a mixing bowl. I didn't spend a fortune on these things but I didn't expect to have to supply fairly basic equipment. I spoke to another guest who told me she'd found the same thing and had raised it with the hotel the previous year but it seems they'd took no notice. I obviously left the stuff I bought for the next guests and if the previous reviewer hadn't been there at the same time as me I'd have thought they'd been in our room and benefitted from my buys. I did leave feedback in the guest book about it, wonder if someone saw it and felt compelled to say something to the contrary?

Anyway it didn't spoil the holiday (be a bit sad if that sort of thing could) I mention it so that anyone else who likes to prepare the odd meal for themselves is prepared. We did eat out too (cooking our own wasn't because we're too tight to pay for a meal, if anyone's wondering lol) and food and drink is quite cheap in the resort.

I've had feedback via the agent and the upshot was that we had adequate cutlery etc as there were only two of us in the room,suggesting that stuff is put in and taken out dependent on the number of guests in the room, surely they don't move cups,glasses and cutlery in and out of the rooms,if they do they must have a shortage!

The icing on the cake was when they tried to charge me 6 lev for an alleged missing drinking glass as I sat waiting for the transfer coach when leaving. I couldn't get my breath, not only were there the same 3 glasses on the shelf when I left as when I arrived (one being cracked) but I'd donated new stuff, the cheek of it!

Having had my little moan it would't put me off going back, there were more plusses than minuses , oh and do watch the main road when crossing especially near the traffic lights, the cars seem to come from everywhere.

Room Tip: All the same apart from the two rooms on the top floor their balcony is bigger
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracyray62
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This apartments were very central, 10 minute walk from the main Strip and the beach. Lots of eateries round about and a supermarket right next door. 10 minute walk from the aqua park and very clean. Nice and quiet at night ,so no problem for sleeping with noise etc.

4 Thank Dubs69
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Just come back brilliant holiday great location staff very freindly very clean apartment air conditioned will definitly come back and would recommened it to family and friends. Super market next door great Indian restaurant over the road. Khans tent is a must

4 Thank kath m
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

stayed at faries for two weeks from 22 june till the 5 of july we had room eight top floor both balconies where excellent had sun all day back and front our cleaner came every day and nothing was to much trouble for her also there where two supermarkets on the doorstep one sold fresh fruit daily and a cake shop up the road all baked fresh and well worth going to a lovely restaurant and bar across the road that done a lovely breakfast and really nice staff going back next year it will be our third visit to this lovely place but we like to try diferent hotels so we will be staying at klisura everything is so cheap from clothes to food and drink well worth going to Bulgaria from cleaners to hotel staff they are all very helpful and a little tip goes a long way ps try to book for kahans tent an excellent night of food drink and entertainment well worth the money so try and book through your rep roll on next year cant wait

Room Tip: try and get room eight as the front balcony is huge and pluss you have another off your bedroom
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
6 Thank leekayjoy
Shildon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

this apartment block is brilliant small as we like it cleaning staff very good as previously stated. there is a full size electric cooker in apartment if anyone wishes to cook plenty of good crockery. air condition works well in living area and bedroom and is free.the safes are in reception area which you pay for.reception staff and night staff are very friendly and helpful couldn't complain about anything.lovely place for families or couples not for singles. will definitely be returning next year

Room Tip: fairies does not have lifts so if you have problems with stairs would ask for ground floor apartment...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
2 Thank ruthkerrie1
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Visited Faries Palace late June for 14 days . Small aparthotel only 15 rooms but room size sufficient for a family . Rooms cleaned daily , towels changed daily , sheets changed whenever needed. Maids worked hard and long hours . Hotel central to most areas , 10 mins to beach and strip and various restaurants . Supermarket next door which was handy . One or two small niggles tho - pool water cold , nothing to do if the weather's poor , no entertainment . No rush for loungers as there were enough for everyone . All in all a quiet place aimed more for couples and families not for the party set . Would consider returning in the future .

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family