Hotel Calypso
Helena Park Hotel(Sunny Beach)
US$138
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Royal Beach(Sunny Beach)
US$114
US$97
  • Breakfast included
Laguna Park Hotel(Sunny Beach)
US$94
US$92
  • Pool
Hotel Riu Helios(Sunny Beach)
US$154
US$143
US$106
  • Pool
Helena Sands Hotel(Sunny Beach)
US$132
US$129
Trakia Garden Hotel(Sunny Beach)
US$42
US$41
  • Breakfast included
Family Hotel Romantic(Sunny Beach)(Great Value!)
US$23
US$20
Hotel Atol(Sunny Beach)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$23
Palace Hotel(Sunny Beach)
US$71
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Never try and look to hard at the bad stuff cause you really make your holiday what you want of it, in my opinion, so we will start with the good stuff . Hotel lovely and clean , staff mostly friendly, really good sized rooms, pool very tidy and clean, not far from beach, 24hr shop right out front of hotel, food fresh and nice, bout 15min walk into centre , buses go every 15/20 mins to centre cost 1lev (50p) yellow taxi costs 15lev to centre and then taxi man will tell you he said 50 lev!!! Beware! We travel a lot and always go all inclusive but when I return to Bulgaria I will be going self catering its too cheap I couldn't get over how cheap it was.
(Bad stuff) ok here we go, food always much the same but still ok just abit monotonous after a while, no real entertainment this I would rate quite low in comparison to anywhere else we have been, but there is plenty to do out and about! Air con I didn't find great in the rooms :/ and the biggest one for me was that I'm sure it was because the maids seen 2 I pads and a I phone in our bedroom (because they left the note right on top of the iPad itself) to "please go to reception" and when we did they proceeded to show me a lot of towels and bedding that was marked (but only one hand towel was really marked) that they wanted me to pay 180 lev to replace them I thought this was terrible to the point where I was washing the slightest mark on the sheets and refused to use the towels for the remainder of my holiday with my hubby and 4kids !!! Not to much ever annoys me but this did and just don't want anyone else getting caught like this because they think your swimming in cash and can tell you to the Decimal what my wages are in the UK!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
13  Thank dimondspider
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We have just come back from the Hotel Calypso having had 2 very nice weeks holiday. The sun was in the 80's most days. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean and our sheets were changed 4 times in 2 weeks and room cleaned every day. Fresh towels whenever we asked for them. Food was OK but a bit the same every day, however saying that we were never hungry we could always find something we liked.However they do need a new toaster as they had a normal domestic 4 slice toaster that took 5 mins to do the toast and then only one side of the bread was brown!! The entertainment staff of Tihomir and Gabi worked hard every day getting the guests involved in pool aerobics, water polo and games as well as the dances around the pool. Then at night they used to take the younger guests to the town centre to the nightclubs i dont know how they stayed awake lol.
Danny the waiter most days at the pool bar was great fun and very nice and helpful.
The hotel was a short way from the town cente but the little trains run regularly and only cost 3 Lev (about £1.32). Nessebar is worth a visit and you can get to that on the trains as well for 3 Lev per person each way. The buses are only 1 Lev but are usually packed and people standing.
I would definitely go back to this hotel again. For the money we paid it was excellent. Maggie and Alan from Coventry. England.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank maggiemay805
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Modern, clean hotel, a little out the way of the hustle and bustle of the main area of sunny beach, however this benefited us, only 20 min walk down the road and there is nice little Mexican bar just over the road.
Food in hotel was pretty poor and very little selection, however I am a fussy eater to start with, but very cheap to eat out.
Pool and bar area kept tidy and clean, sun beds where available through out the majority of the day, but very little umbrellas for shade.
One of the best hotels in sunny beach area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kayleigh B
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week at the end of June. The rooms were very clean. The staff were excellent - very friendly and helpful. We were all inclusive and the meals were really good. It's the first time I've stayed all inclusive and I must admit after hearing some horror stories about the food when going all inclusive I was feeling a bit apprehensive but I had nothing to worry about here. The only problems we had were the tables all seemed to cater for larger parties seating around 6 to 10 persons and not enough smaller tables for couples and then there was the attitude of some of the other guests who didn't seem to understand the concept ot queuing for food! Maybe we are too polite in Scotland but we were constantly being pushed aside by some guests.
The girls who were doing the entertainment were fantastic! They kept the kids occupied and had games lined up to entertain the adults. We only participated once but watched quite a few of the games and had quite a laugh watching.
We had a visit from a local Folk Group who entertained us with music and dancing and managed to get a couple of holiday makers from Poland roped in to help!
This was our first time in Bulgaria and I would definitely go back again and I would definitely go back to the Calypso.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Janice S
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 10 days in June. Great holiday

Hotel, Very clean, cleaners came every day (we put do not disturb sign on when didn't require cleaning. Pool nice and always got a sun lounger as not a big busy hotel.
If all inclusive theres a machine by the pool where you can get yourself coce, sprite and Fanta, Also water and coffee,tea,hot choc. Didn't drink much in the hotel but there was basic spirits outside and local beer, also cocktails - which was sex on the beach I think! Something vodka based. The bar inside opened 5 till 12 - nice bar but we went out every night so didn't really use.

Food, Breakfast was 7.30-10 and did cereals, toast, Fried egg,scrambled egg, boiled egg, bacon and sausages, also yoghurt. Dinner: Im a veggie and a funny eater so I didn't like much but they always had chips, bread, soup and salad. My boyfriend really enjoyed the fish. We didn't eat tea at the hotel as we went out every night

Entertainment on every day - The 2 girls who do it are a bit crazy but very nice! Join in water polo, darts, silly games and dance routines they seem to break into whenever they feel like it!

Hotel is clean and room was quite big including nice balcony and ours had a big walk in shower which was good.

Hotel is in great position - 5 min walk to the beach. Across the main road you can walk left towards sunny beach which is busy, lots of restaurants, all seemed to be the same - but all nice food and cheap. Theres a land train that if you get on it facing left it takes you to the beginning of sunny beach where you can walk back towards the hotel passing plenty of restaurants and bars, or if you carry on right towards the more lively part for younger people, but this is more expensive, clubs and music and dancing etc.

We ate out every night. One meal I got a pizza and chips, my boyfriend got a big skewer from the BBQ with chips and salad, I got a Bacardi breezer and him a beer and it came to £14. The most we spent on tea was about £25 including drinks and every thing was nice and big portions
If you get the train that goes right it takes you to Old nessebar, very quiet but lots of restaurants and worth a visit

Only problem I had with hotel was the air conditioning wasn't great. Room got a bit too warm during the night

Weather was great - between 30-35 during the day and 20-24 at night.

Can't think of anything else but if you're going this year and have any questions please ask!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple