Viva Apartments
    • Beachfront
    All reviewsbed sheetsminute walkaccommodationtowelsreceptionstrip
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 14 August 2013

Good hotel in good location, helpful staff working for the booking agent.
    Very good air conditioning in a good sized room, plenty of sunbeds around a clean pool, basic snacks at the apartments. Cleaning and towel/sheets only replaced weekly, not a problem for our 4 night stay. I wouldn't call the car parking secure as the barrier was permanently up and anyone could wander in.
    15 minutes walk to the beach, excellent beach with fine sand, very busy in early July.
    Nudist beach close by which unusually was easy to get to and good quality sand with lifeguards.
    To get to nudist beach walk down nearest road, walk to your left to the river, walk across the river which was about knee deep and beach is just on the other side of the river.
    Resort was surprisingly expensive compared to other ex- east European countries we had just travelled through, meals and drinks comparable to British prices.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank OTtraveller
    Reviewed 9 August 2013

After reading the very few reviews I was slightly anxious about staying at Viva Apartments as most of them are negative, we choose these apartments because it was within our price range for the summer period, the rooms are spacious and have all you need for cooking meals, you have cleaning facilities, as there is no maid service which wasn’t an issue for one week, I think you can get this as an extra??

The pool area was great not too busy, clean pool and a snack bar with nice drinks including cocktails.

It is situated in-between Nessebar and Sunny Beach; Nessebar has an old town which is little shops and restaurants worth a look during the day or a quiet meal on an evening. Sunny Beach is lively and got lots to do, including fairground rides and lots of bars/restaurants.

You could get the bus to Sunny Beach/Nessebar for one leva each or there is a Noddy train which is three leva each, but it was also a nice walk to Sunny Beach on an evening about half an hour, we sometimes walked home as there was always people around at all hours so felt safe.

Overall we found Bulgaria a great holiday and still cheap, a pint of beer was no more than £1 and 2 for 1 cocktail (real cocktails too) were about £4-£5 and most bars do this offer. A 2 course meal for two with drinks was about £20 and there was lots of nice take away food including chicken kebab (not like english kebabs), baked potatoes and freshly made pancakes with lots of fillings.

I would recommend these apartments, you get what you pay for, and if you want 5 stars then you have to pay for it and don’t forget to barter for purchases including taxi fares as like most places now, people will try to get the most out of you!

Enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 16 July 2013

I booked this hotel for the weekend from Booking.com.
    The hotel preauthorized my credit card and when I arrived they told me that I have to pay an additional fee of 4.5% for bank charges in order to pay by card. They gave me a form in which I had to fill in my bank details and just write the amount of the fee. Nothing was mentioned about bank charges, 4.5%, etc. And nowhere in my booking was written that I have to pay additional charges.
    Finally, I paid by cash, hoping that they will release the pre-authorized amount. The interesting part was the the price at the reception desk was lower the the price in booking.com.

The ladies at reception desk were very polite, but they had no idea what is happening around them. For every question I had, they had to call the accounting department....

I would never choose this hotel again. I do not recommend it to anybody.
    No point of ruining your vacation because of the incompetent staff

Room Tip: don't choose a room in this hotel. there are plenty of hotels in Sunny Beach
    • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
    2  Thank TouristMaria
    Reviewed 16 July 2013

The appartments are in the back wing of a hotel. Because of that, they let you use only one side of the pool for laying down. The little room with the lobby is open from 9am till 7pm. There is one person working in this lobby - when I was there, there were 2 diffrent girls - they were very nice. My booking says no deposit, but they did preauthorized my card - even for 2 nights! it was not fair. They also told me, I can not pay with card for the room, if I do, I will have to pay 5 percent more. They want cash. It was not in the agreement. They have no problems to preauthorize your card, but paying for hotel by card its complicated, She says the terminal for cards is in the diffent buildung and she will have to write down all of data for my card. plus the 5 percent commmission... I decided to take out somemoney from atm, but its not like at home, that you have an atm around each corner. I had a very hard time to find an ATM and even harder to find a working one. The thing is, there are many agencies in Sunny Beach, where you go and give them your card and they use it in the terminal and they give you money, its all for a big big commission. So now you know why the atm's in SB usually dont work. I dont know if this is the rule in all hotels in Sunny Beach. or just in this one.
    The room - floor was terribly dirty - it was not washed for a long time, you could see footprints allover. The bathroom didnt have a mirror - well, use your imagination for makeup or shaving! The lamps abouve the bed didnt work, so every time before I went to sleep, I gad to get up and turn of the ceiling light.
    the good things now: further from center and more quite because of that. AC is working goos. The kitchen has electrical kettle, microwave fridge. There is a little balcony with table and chairs. its the only table in the appartment.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 23 July 2012

1. Getting there
    Viva Apartments are located in South Sunny Beach, half way from centre of Sunny Beach to Nessebar. The apartments themselves are in the second wing of Hotel Vechna-R, a unique building of non-euclidian geometry and an easily recognizable landmark, it is also close to the Regatta bus station (the one for Cacao Beach, the second in Sunny when coming from Sarafovo or Nessebar, or the one right after the bridge if coming from centre of Sunny Beach). You can't miss it.

2. The apartment
    The apartment is decently furnished, the bed is great, it has all air conditioning, tv with a hundred channels, fridge, basic kitchen, and an adequate bathroom. All you need to sleep, rest, maintain hygiene, have cold drinks and make yourself breakfast. If you are looking for a quiet 'base of operations' for exploring Sunny Beach and Nessebar, enjoying the beach and the Black Sea, or partying night and day in the clubs, then this is the ideal spot. The location is perfect, Cacao Beach is a short walk away, there are good restaraunts close by. Shops, pharmacies, ATMs. All you really need is only a few steps away.

3. Facilities
    Vechna-R has a decent pool, but since Cacao Beach is just a few hundred meters away I had absolutely no interest in it as I was spending my days on the hot sands and then cooling off in the Black Sea. But for those alergic to nature, the pool might be interesting.
    The reception is open only from 09-18, but this did not prove a major hindrance. It might be marginally annoying if you intend to use the safe since it is not in the apartment but at reception, but as it costs 5 lev a day and is really unneccessary, it is not really important. It also features absurdly expensive internet at 5 lev an hour, but you can get free wifi close-by and enjoy two beers for the same money instead.

3. Flaws
    Towels - you get only 4 clean towels for 7 days, so you need to economize, as you will probably need to shower several times a day to wash off sand and salt. Or plan ahead and bring a towel or two with you.
    Bed linen - the bed is great, but the linen is not so great, or to be more precise, did not match the size of the bed, much like the towels, it is changed only once in 7 days.

4.Conclusion
    Despite minor annoyances, this is an excellent value for money, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a decent and cozy accomodation at a reasonable price. Location is perfect and overall I found the apartment to be highly satisfactory. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo