“Perfect for young people”
Review of Hotel Viand

Hotel Viand
Ranked #102 of 220 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Prague, Czech Republic
“Perfect for young people”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My friend and I were staying in Viand for a week in mid-July and did not regret. Here is my detailed review with all pros and cons.

1. HOTEL
Hotel was modern and beautiful. It reminded me of a sand castle. Everything was clean and stylish. However, Viand has weaknesses as well as other hotels but it is nothing important.

The check-in is as usual at 14.00. We arrived around 11.00. We had expected that we did not get the room but the hotel did not give us the all-inclusive bracelets before 14.00 too. The lunch ended at 14.00 so we were starving till dinner. I have never seen something like this. Take into account this in case you arrive early just like us. It is better to have a snack.

The hotel does not take credit cards. Viand has its own exchange office (1 € = 1,91 lv) with no commissions. I understand why Viand does not want to take credit cards. This is the easiest way how to make a bit of money but it is kind of unprofessional for 4* hotel.

The last weakness of the hotel is food. I have never seen so small range of food in 4* hotel. Moreover, the meal was still repeated. It was tasty but when you eat fish fingers with potatoes four times over you have enough. Besides, there was dill everywhere, in salads, fishes, potatoes etc. I was surprised that it was not in desserts. I love dill but enough is enough! Also, the Italian dinner was such a joke. If somebody told Italian that it was their cuisine, they would laugh at them. But I cannot say it was disgusting. I always found something good I could eat, so do not worry.

The positive thing about the hotel is a fact that you can prolong your check-out for reasonable price (50 lv – until 19.00), which is very comfortable when you leave in evening.

2. BEACH
Viand lies right on the long beach with many bars (the hotel does not have beach bar). Beach is clear and full of little seashells. However, the beach is divided into two strips. The first strip is closer to the sea and full of deckchairs and umbrellas. We were nicely surprised that it was possible to buy just an umbrella or a single deckchair. Every piece cost 8 lv per day, which is reasonable price. You can not lie there unless you buy at least one thing. The second strip is for people who do not want to pay. It is free but without umbrellas and deckchairs.

3. SEA
The sea was absolutely transparent. However, it was full of life. There are lots of jellyfishes but they are harmless. There were beautiful huge blue-violet jellyfishes. You could avoid them because they literally stick out a mile. But there were plenty of small transparent jellyfishes. It was quiet unpleasant to touch them while swimming. On the other hand, once you touch it you get used to it. I also saw small crabs, so the water is really clean.

4. SURROUNDINGS
Viand lies in the very centre of Sunny Beach. The centre is full of shops, restaurants, bars, clubs, sex shops, tattoo studios etc. You can buy wooden penises stylized as opener and so on in every single shop. There were girls dancing on bars, drunk people on streets, weirdos, loud music etc. That is why I do not think it is the right place for children but I can definitely recommend it to young people. We had a great time at nights in Sunny Beach centre. Especially a bar called Oxygen was great (unlimited free drinks for girls, great music, plenty of foreigners). If you go to Sunny Beach and search for party, go to Oxygen.

For those who like trips there is an ancient town called Nesebar (15 minutes by bus). Nesebar is cosy and full of small shops and restaurants. Absolutely lovely!

To sum up, I can definitely recommend the hotel. You get what you pay for. :-)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Eva B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 12 July 2014

It was a pretty good hotel. The food was Ok. In the morning you always get Scrambled / fried eggs with cheeses, bacon, etc. For lunch and supper you get rice, potato, (baked + French fries) , usually some pasta and something traditional along with at least 2 types of meat. The food was cooked well, I enjoyed it (I am not picky on food). I felt though that the stuff I really liked - got to the end very soon, and was not replenished, so if you did not manage to take whatever everyone liked - you have chances of not getting it at all later on. Do not leave you food unattended if you decide to eat outside the building, on the terrace. Birds are eating your food from the plate (it I funny to watch it, but it is not pleasant when it was your plate and you have to go to re-take all the food you had in your plate).
Room cleaning resumed to changing the towels. Unless you do not ask for a soap/shampoo replacement - you will not get one. I had rooms with see view, though I was disappointed by the see view I got. In my opinion a see view is when you wake up - look at the window and get to sight of the see, well from my room (112, south wing) I got to see a beach bar, a part of the beach and night club lights. If you would lean down from the balcony - you could see the sea, so technically it was with a sea view, but I felt myself cheated on that.
WiFi is only in the lobby and it might be better.
The personnel speaks really badly any foreign languages (I had difficulties talking the personnel in both English and Russian). The guys from the bar did a really great job serving people. You get many foreigners there, from different countries. I have not noticed any predominant nationality in the hotel.
The hotel is located well. In 3 min away you have the closest restaurant, a night club, and a super market. A good combination of a quiet location in a pretty noisy city.
ow about the city. If you need anything - consider looking first in the super market. way cheaper. on is right across the corner of the hotel . The travel agents will sell you an overpriced suggestions of guided tour. In the city (downtown) you will find several other agencies that have a variety of offers a bit cheaper then the ones you will get offered at the hotel. The cheapest trip is to visit Nessebar. You can get a bus from the downtown and have a one way trip for 1 Leva (as a comparison, the boat trip will cost you 10 leva for one way, a taxi ride is about 20 Leva and a guided tour was 44 leva per person). As well consider bar crawling services , heard it is a pretty fun experience (I have not had one, but it seemed an good idea for teens, to get to know all the bars in the city in the very first days).
Overall I enjoyed my staying.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Gleb C
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We spent a week at hotel Viand and recommend this place to anyone who is looking for cheap and cosy place around Bulgaria. Rooms was clean and pool is wide and located at a green garden. Cuisine is traditional Bulgarian with nice and healthily salads. Drinks are cheap and you can have lots of fun with friends all the night.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Nielsen O
Kosice, Slovakia
Reviewed 3 September 2013

7-days all-inclusive for 600 EUR is not adequate for this type of hotel due to:
- food (not taste or no-taste at all, not fresh, small variety)
- local drinks or alc-free beverage at the bar (bad quality alternative to known brands)
- some of staff not friendly at all
- pool too small (only for children)
- wifi only at reception

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank Michal Z

Travellers are raving about these Sunny Beach hotels

Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We come back to Bulgaria for a third time. Our stay was from 12.-23.7. 2013. And hotel Viand is 4* hotel after our experience. 5floors hotel on the beach give to us confortable apartment (a21) with sea view. Kitchen, bathroom, sleeping room and average balcon. Till 11p.m. is restaurant under your balcone open, so calculate with some normal noise. Near from hotel is beach bar, so this is disco noise... But our two children (3 years and second 5 monts) sleeping well. Very clean rooms, nice materials. Hotel looks new.Frendly stuff speaking english, better russian, and german. Near from hotel are mini markets, ATM. 50 m from hotel start beach promenade with bars, restaurants, hotels, markets, lunapark, etc.For children they have animators and very nice place for playing. WiFi is available in lobby, in room internet connection only with cable.

Room Tip: Ask for apartment cause they have two max on one floor (on second floor is it so) and if you choose...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Chisinau, Moldova
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Hotel VIAND was recommended by tour operators, once summed up with another hotel, because it was August and it was not too much to choose from others, all was in stop Sale.
It was our first visit to Bulgaria. I must say that Sunny Beach are very noise and if you want a quieter place you definitely do not go there.
From our room windows looked out on the bars where young people had fun until the morning, sings the window at night we could not leave open, even with the windows closed it was very noisy.

Go to the hotel wrangling we did not have, everywhere was very clean, the rooms were cleaned every day and changed the bed linen and towels.
I'll tell you about the food, it's another story that does not comply star hotel.
Breakfast is usually not much diversity, as elsewhere: eggs, sausage, cereal,

Dinner is not diverse, we mainly ate fried potatoes or meat unless of course it was no sauce.

Soups are in every day without much attention from tourists, apparently they warmed them every day, I strongly poisoned just this soup puree (it was rowing).

Fresh vegetables: tomatoes, cucumbers poor quality of their apparently what remained, shifted again and again. Very strange in the country has a lot of vegetables and herbs.

Staff, but quite friendly in the restaurant, if, for example, you decide to take a couple of fruits that you have not eaten for dinner, the staff at the restaurant immediately scolds you and asks to return to the place of fruit.

I recommend this hotel only for those who are going to go to bed very late, so that did not bother with the music of the nearby bars, and of course without food. Perhaps only breakfast.
Have a great holiday!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fotis07
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Wev'e been to Sunny Beach several times and stayed at some of the plush hotels, but this Hotel was the best we have stayed in The rooms were spotlessly cleaned every day, the staff were freindly and very helpful. We always greet people with a few words in Bulgarian and you are always received with a smile.We were only bed and breakfast and we didn't have any complaint with the food. The hotel is in a good position for us and will stay there next time we are in Sunny Beach

Room Tip: The seaview rooms are the best
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple