“Excellent hotel but!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sunny Beach
Aqua Nevis Clubhotel
Ranked #10 of 222 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Really lovely hotel very clean we as a family had a family suite & double room both excellent & very clean. In all the hotel was spotless so no complaints there. The food now not as good as we thought it would be some pretty weird combinations at lunch & dinner chicken & pork everyday but still still ate something everyday to me breakfast was best I did enjoy the bacon & scrambled egg. Entertainment wasn't the greatest we just played bingo then went & sat in in reception to have a drink. The waterpark thou was a great bonus free entrance everyday & only open to hotel guests plenty of good slides & no queues for them so great. The pool area was also good only downfall was the wasps they were everywhere thou people not putting plastic cups in bin didn't help. Overall thou this place is a lovely hotel & the staff do work hard while smiling including the cleaners & would I stay here again yes i would

1  Thank Looprevil96
AquaNevisClubHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Nevis Clubhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Guest,
It is great to hear that you had a wonderful holiday experience with us. We really appreciate the time taken to give us feedback.
Our cleaning staff work tirelessly trying to maintain a high level of cleanliness throughout the hotel so your comments will be passed on to them.
The food and beverage staff offer a fabulous range of food and are always open to suggestions. They endeavour to serve food that will suit the tastes of all our guests, a difficult task I am sure you will agree.
The wasp issue has been noted and there was proactive solutions in force last year with a pest control team. However, as you rightly say, it is difficult to control when there are sugary food and drink items left around the pool. We hope that our guests will help us with this problem in the future.
Once again thank you for your time in leaving a review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Aqua Nevis Club Hotel in the near future

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Booked hotel last year through travel agent and was not informed that it would be the final week of the season and that things would be winding down. The weather was awful the last three days and the hotel have no entertainment during the day. People were just sitting around the lobby area and they did do bingo twice but that was about it. The evening entertainment was down a dark pathway with no lighting and was not safe with young children. It was very poor entertainment and although it had a roof it was open and was very cold. The area around the hotel was horrid and unsafe at night. The waterpark was open when sunny but the rubber rings were limited and the toilet areas were all shut apart from walking to the front of the park and with a 2 year in tow was very inconvenient. Hotel staff apart from a about three were not friendly. Sunny beach shopping strip was full of go go and strip clubs and very seedy. Went to Nessebar one day but everything was shutting down and it didn't feel a nice place to be. Hotel rooms were quite clean but the sheets didn't fit the sofa bed and were just laid on the top it. Lighting down the corridors early evening were not on so it was dark getting to the lifts. Food went downhill quickly was repetitive and same thing all the time. Breakfast best as you could have omelettes and pancakes. Wasps were a problem too especially around the slippery pool area. The last night we were all able to keep our rooms for the late night departure but the staff all disappeared for there leaving meal In the restaurant so none of them were there to see us off. All in all very disappointed and would never return as there are nicer places to go and have more family friendlier things to do apart from the waterpark which is nothing special and the actual Sunny Beach (not the area) there is nothing nice in the resort.

3  Thank Jane W
AquaNevisClubHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Nevis Clubhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guest, I would like to take this thank you for your review of your stay at the Aqua Nevis Club Hotel.
The last week of the season can be quiet in the resort as you have mentioned. Unfortunately that is beyond our control as is the weather. However, it is often a great time to buy those bargains in the resort.
We appreciate your comment about the lighting and the hotel have listened to people’s views and comments and you will be pleased to hear that we have added more adequate lighting on the path to the Sports bar.
The waterpark does close to the public towards the end of season, but remains open to hotel guests. The slides are on a rotation schedule at this time. The toilets do remain open for guests use.
The wasps were an issue has many of our guests and staff pointed out and we did have pest control in throughout the summer months. We are hoping to extend this and looking into other devices as a preventative measure. We are also hoping our future guests will help us by disposing of their fizzy drinks and food items when they have finished with them.
Once again thanks you for your time. We can only improve with valued comments from our guests.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

One week at this hotel was just enough, the food varied and was good, some weird mixes (carrot mash) but me and my partner always found something we liked! The food was always warm, never hot until cooked by one of the chef's for you (omelettes, store fry veg).
Downside to the food was the snacks, nothing healthy (not being fussy, I just mean a bit of fruit maybe for something fresh), I asked the kitchen staff for a banana and the lady told me No because they were closed! So much for all inclusive for a simple request like that! Luckily the shop was across the road so I bought some from there.
The drinks were okay, watered down beer (so it seemed).

The rooms are really nice but the bed hurt my back after a few days. The door locks need sorting because if you have your card in the electric slot, no other person can enter with the spare card so we ended up being woken up with people at 2am banging their room mates to let them in :-/

The kids entertainment is good but the adult one lacks... They had adult family fortunes and one question was "if your underwear could talk to you, what would it say?" Now you know for an adults entertainment you'd have the rude stuff but you had to keep it clean cuz of all the kids! They had bingo each night which has big wins but it's over so quickly. They should at least do 1 line, 2 lines and then house so it lasts longer as this was the main entertainment for us!
Scott lee Jackson was good on stage, made a few laughs for the adults.
The staff were nice and helpful, sometimes can be quite poker faced!

Hotel downfall was the amount of wasps where you sunbathed, there were far too many. The staff seemed used to them but us English do not like them!! A few people got stung (I did twice on my foot) there was no devices to capture the wasps to decrease the numbers, as it was all inclusive all the wasps loved the sugary drinks so you had to quickly drink it once received. Hotel also had lots of black mini flys outside with the wasps (a few different sizes) which nibbled at us so a few bites there...

Hotel is a ten minute walk away from the main area which is good but watch out as you have to pay .50 coin for a pee in most bars/food places. Only some places say if you are a paying customer you pee for free!

Spa was okay but the guys were a bit harsh! Set my groin injury pain off by kneading the inner soft part of my leg! The face n foot part of the massage wasn't great, a quick once over but this should have been part of the best bit! The face mask was good though, entertained me having my partner with it on :-)

Think that's about it! It is a good hotel just the wasps really was a downer and adult entertainment.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Guest, Many thanks for taking the time to write a review for the Aqua Nevis Club Hotel.
The hotel gives a large selection of food to try and meet all our guests’ tastes and requirements. We are glad that you liked it. We appreciate your suggestion about the range of snacks and this year we are introducing a health snack option.
Many thanks for the positive feedback about the staff, food and cleanliness of the hotel.
The wasp issue was noted by the hotel and we did have a pest control team in throughout the summer to try and combat the problem. Unfortunately with the water and climate the insects are attracted to the pool area. We hope our future guests will help us to prevent this issue by clearing away their fizzy drinks cups and food and we are looking into further measures to deter the wasps. I would like to point out that the nests above the balcony lights are actually House Martian nests and they do help by feeding their young with the insects.
The Aqua Nevis Club Hotel was awarded a Silver award in 2013 by the UK based company Travel Life. The use of key cards for the hotel rooms is part of the criteria expected by Travelife to be energy efficient. Travel Life is an international sustainability certification scheme. It helps its 1,300 hotel members around the world improve their environmental, social and economic impacts cost-effectively.
We are pleased that over all you enjoyed your holiday with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Just come back for a weeks stay at what can only be described as one of the most awful places on earth. We went with 5 adults and my 2 nearly 3 year old son.

END OF SEASON
Unfortunately we had booked our holiday for the very last week of the season (23rd sept-1st oct)We did not know this at the time of booking. This was first choice's fault, not the hotels but this had a profound effect on our holiday due to closures of the kids club and aqua park etc

FOOD
the food is horrendous unless eating pizza, chicken, chips and sweetcorn is a luxury for you! Each night was the same. Reparative and just gross. Every meal time we dreaded it!

POOL AREA
is ok, a bit slippery, but plenty of wasps! Music was blaring all day, it was so loud that a lunchtime nap was out of the question.

AQUA PARK
was fantastic. Something for everyone. But all the bars were closed and the slides closed early every day as it was end of the season. The lazy river was bliss. All toilets were closed so when my son who is in the middle of the potty training need to use the toilet he was made to walk all the way back to the hotel which is quite a way for little legs to walk because they closed all toilets in aqua park due to end of season!!!!

WEATHER
weather was ok the first 3 days, the rest of the time it was raining and miserable. Therefore the waterpark was closed.

KIDS CLUB
This unfortunately closed the day after we arrived, as my son was under 3 (just) the toddler clubs stopped. First choice again are probably at fault.

STAFF
well, where do I start!??? ALL and I mean ALL bar 2 maybe 3 are rude, ignorant and so so so unfriendly! On our last night they promised all the boys they could watch the football whilst waiting for the coach but in fact they changed their mind as they were using the laptop for the staff party!!! Why do they need a laptop for football u may ask? Well they decided to cut off the sky sports early in the week too due to end of season. The man who does the ice cream in the restaurant is a little star, only good person in the establishment!!! One day my dad fell in the dark on the way to the sports bar and fell into a muddy ditch, when complaining to staff the receptionist told my dad he should be used to mud as he's from England!!!!!!!!!!

SUNNY BEACH
hotel is dumped next to a beer factory. It is NOT SAFE. Guns are sold on the streets, its like a shanti town! Heard of three incidents where people got mugged walking from hotel to supermarket. It's not safe, do not bring your children here.

If you have booked this holiday please please please do not attend. Change your booking. Spend your hard earned cash elsewhere.

2  Thank Hailey11

Dear Guest, We very much appreciate the time taken to write such a detailed review.
We would like to take this opportunity to address some of your comments.
The hotel is aware of the wasp issue and although there was a proactive programme in place with pest control there were still wasps around the pool area. Unfortunately with the fizzy drinks and food left around the pool area it only attracted more of the wasps. We hope our future guests will help us with this problem and we hope to initiate the pest control programme earlier in the season.
The food and Beverage team are open to any suggestions that our guests wish to share. They try their best to meet the needs of all tastes and requirements. The food range and quality is a high propriety to the hotel and we maintain the full range throughout the season. The hotel offers themed nights throughout the week incorporating Asian, Italian, Mexican and Bulgarian food and there is always a large range of salads, pasta, meat dishes and desserts.
The Aqua Park at the end of season is exclusive to hotel guests and the attractions are open throughout the day on a rotation basis. The toilets are always open unless there is an incident such as a flood.
I do hope that your father was ok after his fall and your comments have been noted.
Once again I would like to thank you for the review and all your comments.
We do hope that maybe some time in the future you will come and visit again.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I would like to start by saying the staff were very organised and very helpful and polite. The only negatives was the wasps as I couldn't relax as much as I would of liked. There were wasps nests on the first floor balcony above the lights. Also the food was survival food, wasn't to my liking and it has put me off all inclusive packages altogether. As this was my first all inclusive.

The hotel was very clean and the waterpark area was brilliant with lots of fun to be had.

A free shuttle bus was also provided to take you to the beach and bars. Id also reccomend taking a bus into the old town of nessebar, it's a lovely place with beautiful views.

Overall it's a lovely place but I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Guest, We very much appreciate the time taken to write your views and comments of your holiday experience with us. Our guest’s feedback is valuable information to us and our future guests.
We are glad that you found our hotel and waterpark to be to your liking and that you had an enjoyable holiday experience.
The hotel is aware of the wasp issue and although there was a proactive programme in place with pest control there were still wasps around the pool area. Unfortunately with the fizzy drinks and food left around the pool area it only attracted more of the wasps. We hope our future guests will help us with this problem. The nests you mentioned above the balcony lights are actually House Martin nests. The house Martins actually do help the insect problem by flying low collecting the insects and feeding them to their young.
Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Aqua Nevis Club Hotel very soon

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I've never been Bulgaria before was recommend but the travel agents, so thought we can only try.
The hotel is lovely and clean, staff very polite and there's loads of food to choice from and different every day.
The night we booked in, we got to our room and had no cot for our baby and this was on my booking form. Although they did bring us one but still the wait for checking in was so long, we just wanted to go to bed and sleep.

Firstly the ill get the negative out the way, yes the bloody Wasps were a big issue and there was loads of nest above the balcony lights and in corners and every where around the pool area, luckily it was not on my balcony as I would demand to move.

The pool area was very slippery and I know It can due to people getting in and out of the pool but it should have some type of anti slip around the edge rather then having chipped paint around the pool area.
The aqua park was really good and really enjoyed it but there was loads of loose tiles everywhere and very sharp and myself and my children had caught the feet and toes and was left really sore.
We were informed by other people within the hotel that not ONE member of the hotel or the travel reps are trained in first aid. The on site doctor is rubbish, my daughter had an accident on the water slide and hurt her head really bad. The life guard escorted my daughter n husband to the doctor and he just shrug his shoulders and didn't advise anything. We put a ice pack on her head.

Also the pictures are lovely in the brochure but don't be surprised to when you get there. The hotel from my opinion looks dumped on a industrial estate, I wasn't impressed when we got there.

I like that the town is only walking distance or a free shuttle bus ride away and the beach looked lovely and sandy.
Let's not forget the on site tattooist, he done a brilliant job of my husbands tattoo, so I thought I would have one done. He is clean, sterile and everything is new from the packet and was booked up every day.

On departure there was no rep to see us to the airport and the hotel porter was checking us off, the driver of the coach was driving so fast in the dark that we NEARLY or COULD have had an accident, he forgot to read a sign that showed a roundabout and tried to brake on top of it and swerved and I thought we was going to tip over.
I have never felt so scared for myself and family, I was thinking get me to the airport in one piece please.

Would I go back to Bulgaria! Yes maybe try a different resort to see what's about or go back to Aqua Nevis to see if any improvements have been made.
My overall holiday was really good and the weather was so hot that it was between 25-29 degrees everyday and its really cheap to buy things, just hope they don't go in the euro because it will kill it for them.

1  Thank Carla L

Dear Guest, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Aqua Nevis Club Hotel.
Unfortunately we have no control about the surrounding areas, but have added better lighting to the Sports bar and football pitch in response to our valued guests suggestions.
We are glad that overall you had a great holiday and would like once again to thank you.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

An excellent holiday was had for my 40th birthday with my family.hotel staff were very friendly,they spoke very good english.Food was outstanding.something for everyones taste.large selection of drinks,including cocktails.entertainment for everyone.uptil 8.30pm it was for kids,then bingo,then usually a vocalist,but they were all very good.tempertures were 25 degrees to 30 degrees,and thats in september.The beach was about a 15min walk but hotel offered a shuttle bus,which was very frequent.As a family we couldnt pick fault anything and will be definatly going back

2  Thank mandy w
AquaNevisClubHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Nevis Clubhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback on tripadvisor following your recent visit to Aqua Nevis Club Hotel.

We are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed the resort facilities, the food and the services.We would like to take this opportunity and thank you for all the positive recommendation you have made.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

With Kindest Regards