“Dont listen to the negative!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bellevue Hotel

Bellevue Hotel
Ranked #42 of 219 Hotels in Sunny Beach
London, United Kingdom
“Dont listen to the negative!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Just got back after a week of staying at the Bellevue. Honestly when we booked it, I was scared of what we may come across.
But when arriving we were welcome in a very pretty well lit lobby. Yes the woman could have been a tiny bit happier but it was 2am, what do you expect
The food is good, better than average. We went all inclusive so this meant 3x buffets per day then drinks and snacks during.
The beds were comfortable (we never wanted to wake up)
The pool was freezing. But we tried out the Majestic hotel and this too was also cold. The weather wasn't amazing so it could explain why it wasn't as busy as we expected.

The maids did such a good job, we were 3 girls sharing a room, so not the tidiest place in the morning, but the maid came in, made the beds, folded our pjs onto our pillows!

You do get a mini fridge in the room, which is around 2.50lev for a can of fizz, 3lev for water, 3 for beer. More expensive than your local shop but its ideal if you need it!

The alcohol is actually nice, I was expecting it to be cheap all inclusive type, but I was in love with the wine! The sex on the beach just started to give me heartburn after a while though

Overall I am very pleased with this hotel and would defiantly go back!

Also- 9th floor room 928 has a great balcony, bigger than others!
just be careful as when the wind blows so do your bikinis!! :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Healey1991

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
wigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Just returned from the hotel four of us went all inclusive, the hotel is very clean and the staff friendly, rooms are large and cleaned daily to a high standard, food wise if you like pork and chicken your in heavan they find many ways to serve up these two meats but that is it every meal for the week was either one or both, having said that the food was in the main eatable, we are used to being in all inclusive where you have entertainment and entertainments staff these are non existant at this hotel you entertain yourself or go out which defeats the object of all inclusive deals, If I was to go back to the area I would be looking at going self catering or bed and breakfast as it really is cheap to eat out and the food is good and hot.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank johnbentham
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Weve just got back from the Hotel Bellevue and really liked it the rooms we had with our family were very good and clean the cleaners did a very good job and were friendly the food in the restaurant was good but very same same but you could always choose something to eat
the staff in the restaurant were very good and always had a smile for you one moan was the reception staff who were not organised at all and couldnt raise a smile between them all they seemed to want too do was take your money from you and not explain the procedure you should do when you return your towels and where you retrieve your clean ones from we also had a problem with keeping our rooms on but this was eventually sorted all in all we enjoyed our week there

Room Tip: The hotel is just a short walk from the main area of sunny beach ideally situated for all
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Baggi2013
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Fantastic good clean hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely recommend this hotel. The situation of the hotel suits both type of holiday makers weather you want quite and relaxed or the party scene.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank angiehey
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Before booking at the Bellevue Hotel we stupidly read the reviews on trip advisor, unfortunately 80% of the reviews were mostly filled with negative comments such as 'Rude members of staff' and 'Boring food' .. None of the less we booked the hotel (This was mine and my Girlfriends first abroad holiday away together) We arrived at the hotel early morning, As you can imagine all I wanted was my bed. We arrived there was welcomed by the staff and given the keys to our room. When entering the room it was clean, spacious and tidy.. We drew back the curtains and were incredibly happy with the view (We were on the right side of the hotel facing the pool and sea) Ps. There is an option when booking that you can opt to sea view I do advise this as the other side of the hotel was a view of the Bulgarian rural area. Over all the holiday was ace, Beautiful weather, Beautiful sea (If you pay all inclusive you get FREE sun beds - On certain days the beach was packed but we always were able to draw a couple of beds together and find a spot) We went in July so the sea was pretty cold but as the same with all cold water once you get in there and swim around a bit you get used to it. I do have one negative comment and that is that with 2 of the meals I found and 'crunched' into some egg shell. But other than that the food was hot, cooked and there was always plenty of it. Some of the drinks at the bar you had to extra eg. white rum. There's a shop just underneath the hotel where a funny very lady works!

All In all a lot of people take their personal time out to criticize every teeny tiny thing on hotels/companies. Once my holiday was over I decided I was going to make a positive review due the majority of this page filled with negative ones.

Sometimes the sea is cold and sometimes the staff may not smile when you expect them too, But that shouldn't affect your holiday experience. It's the people you spend it with and what you do there that should matter.

I give the bellevue 4 stars, And if the staff should have any mention on this page then it should only be positive due to their long hours and early morning shifts on such low pay.

If there is anyone that has took their time out to read this review then I hope if you do book at the bellevue hotel you have a good time, and an enjoyable holiday

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
50 Thank Alix B
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Had 2 weeks all-inclusive in August just myself and Mum. Arrived in urge early hours of morning, nice greeting and straight forward enough check in. When we entered our room we were both very pleased, and WHAT A VEIW WE HAD, sea front Fantastic view. Loved our room never a problem throughout our stay, cleaned everyday spotless.

Food for the size of the hotel the dining room was fairly small I personally thought, however there was never a day we were disappointed, was all nice enough, and staff very good.

Location was fantastic was located on the main strip but was still a fair enough walking distance from the main centre square ( which seems to be the wild/booze up place, where if there is any trouble it's there) BUT you get that in most tourists centres, NOTE... If you are a wanting the clubbing scene then it is a good walking distance to the main square, easily done, but then again far enough not to effect those wanting a more quieter holiday experience( each to there own) mum and I were more than happy each night sat around pool enjoying a drink or we spent many evenings in the " JAMBOREE" a karaoke bar next door, now that was a good place to be.

AT the back of the hotel there is a bus stop on the main road which has buses every 10 minutes to a place called " Nessebar" THIS IS A MUST VISIT!! It's truly beautiful, cobbled streets lovely shops boat harbour, it's 1 Lev each way on the bus BARGIN! And what was lovely was catching a sea taxi back that was very lovely at sea.

Please don't be put off by what you hear or read, I'm a true believer in go and try these things yourself, everyone has there own expectations and opinions fair enough, if you go and are not satisfied then I am sorry, but I'm writing this on my own opinion and that is yes would not hesitate to return back to Sunny beach or this Hotel.

Room Tip: Sea View room is a must beautiful location and View, fantastic sandy beach
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank Rusty11ocp
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a weeks stay here and will not be returning. The hotel room was very clean, had clean towels every day and sheets changed once during our stay. The view from the room was amazing and I think its probably the nicest view we have had during our travels (room 1102).The buffet restaurant was quite clean and the food on offer was standard 3* all inclusive but mostly not warm enough, which I have found in most 3* all inc hotels anyway. You could have made a meal every day but we chose to eat out 3 of the 7 nights for a change more than anything. I found the afternoon food was nicer than the evening but that may have just been my choice. The meal in the Italian a la carte was very nice all though way too much food served! The entertainment in the a la carte was very annoying, looked like rod Stewart and was tuneless in my opinion, when I go out to eat I prefer a quiet (ish) background noise so that I can have a conversation with people so didn't enjoy the fact that we got stared at for daring to talk and laugh throughout the meal!! Can't really comment on the drink as I am not a big drinker but the rest of our party was unhappy with it...cocktails were made with cordial so didn't look appetising. We went at the end of the season so had no issue with the pool on the two days we went around the pool. The beach was beautiful with free sunbeds and beach bar as part of the all inc (don't understand previous comments regarding paying for sunbeds and at beach bar!!)

The staff in the restaurant were nice and pretty cheerful but the reception staff were unhelpful and quite rude (depending who you dropped on).

All in all the hotel was quite good but the resort is not my cup of tea! A mix between Skegness market and Blackpool in my opinion.

A trip to Nessebar is a must it is beautiful and only 1 lev on the bus which runs every half hour on the main road until half past midnight (if you fancy a trip in the evening).

Still can't believe you have to pay to go to the toilet in most bars!! And most of the beach bars don't even have a toilet so as much as they looked lovely we gave them a wide berth

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple