“Beautiful hotel, a wonderful holiday”

Hotel & SPA Diamant Residence
Ranked #85 of 220 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Hertfordshire
“Beautiful hotel, a wonderful holiday”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My partner, myself and our children (aged 11 & 16) stayed here on a fully inclusive deal the last week of June 2014. This hotel has had a huge amount of money spent renovating and totally changing from the appalling older photos shown here.

We had two separate rooms with twin beds in each as well as a dressing table, flat screen TV, chairs, small table and a huge wardrobe with a full length mirror, ample hanging space and plenty of folded clothes space area.

We paid 6 lev per day for the safe. Our room also had a small fridge (they call it a mini bar but there was not anything in it but ideal for keeping drinks cool).

The bathroom contained a shower, toilet, sink and hairdryer.

There was a small hallway with hanging space and a small cabinet.

All of the furniture, towels and bed linen were of good quality, clean, fresh and up to any London hotel I have stayed at. Added extras of slippers (for each guest), toiletries, sewing kit, shoe shine, clothes brush, shoe horn and combs were included too. The decor was tasteful and very new. We had a huge balcony area with table, chairs and a clothes drier.

The whole hotel had a ‘very grand’ look about it and was kept spotless throughout our stay, I cannot fault the cleanliness at all, even including the toilets by the restaurant and the pool which got a lot of usage, there was always a supply of toilet paper, hand soap and hand towels.

The food I thought was lovely, main meals were at least 3 or 4 meat choices, vegetables, 2 different soups, countless amounts of bread, rolls, cheese and salad along with various selections of other main food dishes to chose from.
Choices ranged from a few potato options, pizza, fruit, seeds, olives, I cannot possibly see how people say that the food was the same every day and not enough choice, there was more than enough variety and was very fresh.
There were far too many dessert options for me to list, they were all wonderfully presented although I try not to eat dessert but everyone I was with enjoyed them

Breakfast offered scrambled, fried, hard boiled or over easy eggs, sausage, bacon, cereals, yoghurts, fruit, breads, meats, cheese, pastries

There were drink dispensers in the restaurant area where you could help yourself to soft drinks, red or white wine, teas & coffees, beer, fresh or sparkling water, what else could one possibley ask for? The same dispensers were at the outside snack area so you could help yourself all day as well as ice creams.

Once breakfast was over there was a sort delay and the snack bar opened and then that closed shortly before lunch and re-opened again for the afternoon, closing shortly before dinner, no way could you go hungry there

If you want to drink anything else the pool bar was free all day until 11pm. The lobby bar you are always charged for but, in relation to the UK the prices are less than half

There were 3 entertainment people who arranged activities during the day both in and out of the pool, the kids took part in some and the staff were lovely. All very polite and friendly and I am sure they were able to converse in at least 3 languages

All staff we found to be courteous and helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them

The pool was very clean and we were lucky enough to also get pads for the sunbeds, I would sugggest to get up early and reserve your sunbed as we went out of school holiday time so I think you could be unlucky

On our last day, we paid to have the room for the whole day which was no problem and made our last day enjoyable instead of just hanging around with our luggage

We were lucky enough to have sunshine for the whole week but I did hear from some people who were leaving as we arrived that they only had 3 good days out of a 2 week holiday, that’s not the hotel’s fault but I note that some people complain about the weather. Bulgaria, (according the the internet) has good weather at this time of year but.. nature is nature.

I would not hesitate to go back or to recommend this hotel to anyone, we had a wonderful time

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
13 Thank whereissummer

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
northern ireland
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here in June 2014 nice hotel,clean with good sized rooms & restaurant,thats the good points. Food in restaurant is basic 3 meats done differently each meal & the snacks were only at certain times, 2 bars but only the pool bar was all inclusive. Next to no entertainment on & what was on did not last long ie.Bulgarian dancers lasted 1hr, Salsa dancers lasted 30 mins & 2 nights karaoke,nothing the other 3 nights. If it rains everything is off & there isnt enough room undercover of the pool bar for everybody so they have to go inside to the foyer. On my last day there was a power cut lasting an hour & a half so knowone had access to their rooms,safes,etc which shows that hotel does not have a backup generator. i will not be rushing back there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank william02
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed in this hotel May to June 2014, upon arrival yes Hotel and the rooms look fantastic and kept clean however the food awful and repetitive and the majority of staff un helpful all we got was hands in the air "I Don't know" done nothing to try to help you, there is also no place inside the hotel to get any alcoholic drinks, only place is a pool bar which in bad weather is not accessible, third time I've stayed in Bulgaria and worst resport we have stayed in, if your looking at this hotel please don't book it it's awful

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Steve186337

Travellers are raving about these Sunny Beach hotels

Reviewed 31 October 2011

The worst food I've ever had in my life. Grey cold scrambled egg, cold fatty bacon. Cold mushy beans and a cold pancake/ crepe. Gross!!!

• Stayed November 2010
9 Thank Zjcogger
Reviewed 16 August 2011

This place is so bad I don't even know where to start!Arrived with my 2 small children to find we had been put 3 floors up despite being promised a low floor,had a hole just about the same size as my 1 year old daughter in the (cracked) balcony glass and huge pieces of glass next to my son's bed all over the floor but being 4am we all just wanted to get to bed so thought I would mention it all in the morning,but surprise,surprise no cot (as promised) so still had to move the kids back downstairs again where I was (with a sigh) told it would be ready soon.Soon turned out to be an hour later when we were finally given the cot 2 of the sides were broken but we were so tired by then just let it go until 3 nights later we awoke to our 1 year old screaming by our bed because she had fallen out the bottom of the ''cot''Informed the hotel but was ignored.Thought next day we would at least take advantage of being all inclusive by having a few drinks around the pool but was just settling down round the pool when there was a loud bang and then something hit my back.Look down and there's glass everywhere where some idiot has thrown/ dropped a glass off of his balcony.Both my kid's towels were covered in glass and my back was cut.It was just lucky the kids were under a sunshade and didn't get cut.after a day round the pool we realised this wasn't a one off either it happened every day at least.This you may be thinking is nothing to do with the hotel but the staff came out looked at the pool area full of glass ignored us completely when I tried to tell them what had happened and then went in and didn't even clean it up.I don't even want to think about how many people must have cut themselves.Free bar though do can drown our sorrows right?.....Wrong! There was only warm wine which tasted of what id imagine cats pee would,beer and vodka which tasted of petrol.I'm not fussed with vodka but this was something else,revolting so had to go to the real bar and spend every day,least I can get some food here I thought but after 3 days of the same for breakfast and lunch which I wouldn't feed a homeless dog we ended up eating out every night aswel.The only thing worth going all inclusive there for is the water machine (when it works) and soft drinks if you don't expect service with a smile.Then comes the music, not from the hotel from the guests which they placed in-between my mum's room and ours.They must have paid thousands for this ghetto blaster because it's louder than most clubs I've been.I may have children but I'm still not fussed about loud music,I actually quite like it as it was the only entertainment we were going to get.But bearing in mind we didn't get in til around 2am ourselves and this music didn't start til another few hours and went on until at least 7am and the beds in our room were moving and plaster fell off the Walls gives you a bit of an idea.One night I couldn't take anymore so went down to reception where I was told I had to call reception.I asked why as I'm here now,seems pointless and was just quoted the number to call so I went up the 3 flights of stairs to phone to which the same guy turned up at my room and asked what was wrong.Mind numbingly stupid!I explained about the music and was told with a shrug that ''it's 18-30s'' I will point out at this time that when I booked I was told family and children friendly but this is by no way the point.I prefer 18-30s as it's always more entertaining anyway but even all the younger lot i spoke to including my 19 year old party animal sister said it was way too my much.Anyway I pointed out to her a guide which was in my room which stated that after 1am no noise even talking on balconies was permitted.I said I'm not asking for that just for the music to be kept to at least lower than the hotel bars downstairs and stop around 3/4 That night it did for an hour.The next night and every remaining night it was back.People were cheering when they were leaving.All staff bar,reception,shop,waiters ect except the lobby barmen and lady in the dining room and 1 of the maids were unbelievably rude and hairdryer ect didn't work,banging on doors and phone calls every night aswel.These are honestly just a few points.The ace is a death trap.I worried for my children's safety and
my sanity.Awful.Don't book! I wish I listened to the previous reviews but I always hear people complain on reviews and I've been away twice a year for the past 21 years and never minded anywhere so thought people were again just moaning but they were right.I will be taking my complaint further aswel.I wouldn't stay here for free!

• Stayed August 2011
16 Thank NadineCainAli
Carramar, Australia
Reviewed 8 August 2011

stayed here for two weeks not for couples too noisy never slept loads of youngsters in groups of ten plus getting drunk, swearing, running up corridors screaming at 4am onwards, banging on doors, hotel seemed to allow this behaviour as we did report it and didnt change. getto blasters booming out all night. food was poor so was entertainment . one singer singing the same songs for two weeks gets on your nerves a bit.safety was poor too i had to save little girl from drowning as lifeguards nowhere to be seen glasses and bottles thrown of balconies. best we soon forget this place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank jimfareham
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I recently travelled to Bulgaria with a friend for a girly holiday.

The exterior of the hotel has been neglected with rusting metal work and chipped paint, the reception area was slightly better even though it was dated.

The receptionist wasn’t helpful upon our arrival, or throughout the rest of our trip. She didn’t even know where we could go to post our postcards!!!

Our room which was at the front of the hotel along the busy road was dated and dirty. There was even a man’s toenail on the carpet!! Our bed was made daily but clean sheets were not used. My friend and I decided to strip the beds ourselves by the third day which finally prompted the cleaners to actually provide us with clean bedding.

The music is played loud at all the hotel bars throughout the night, one night it kept us up until 7am! They even played the music loud when there were no customers at the bars which seemed ridiculous.

Food – the breakfast was ok, standard eggs, toast, omelettes, tinned fruit, and some meats and cheeses. I would not recommend anyone go to this hotel on an all -inclusive or half-board basis. The evening meal was the same every night, tasteless slop! The best thing on their menu was chips, this is coming from a person who rarely eats chips. My friend and I ended up eating out every night, which wasn’t too expensive luckily.

This hotel is by far the worst one I have ever stayed at!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends