“Dishes non-edible”

Ranked #24 of 222 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Bucharest, Romania
“Dishes non-edible”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I have just came back from Sunny Beach , hotel Kalina Garden. The rooms are nice, clean and big enough for a 4* hotel. It is in the center, quite close to the beach.
But my advice is not to book an all inclusive vacation - under no circumstances. The dishes (breakfast, lunch, dinner) are non edible. Worst dishes ever had in a hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I just come back from my holiday and I really wanted to let everybody know how amazing it was, because we red a lot of bad reviews and we were scared first. I recommend Kalina Garden Hotel. The food is great and varied and the staff is very kind. The rooms are big and clean, the cleaners are there for you every single day. It is a great place for young people that want to have fun. I was there with my friends and nobody told us a thing and we were kind of loud sometimes.

Great services! We enjoyed it so much that we are planing on going back at the end of August again and for sure next year as well.

HAVE FUN at KALINA GARDEN.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ioana B
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I may recomend this hotel for holiday. Very Good location in centre of Sunny Beach, good rooms not so small, clean with balcon. Hotel serve many good dishes, evrybody find samthig good for eat. Thay was added fruits, cakes itp. Only one defec for that was cold water on swimming pool. I expect on July more warmer ....

Room Tip: I think all the same
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank RobertOz20
Kiryat Motzkin, Hefa, Israel
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Very nice place, we get the value of what we paid! i Recommend it with all my heart and I'm sure that being there would be wonderful. Definitely going back next year. Very nice staff. the only problem is the air con, but i beleive that other places in burgas is not better....

loved it!!!!

Room Tip: only eith sea view! we had room no' 421 419 and they were great
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank vereddavid
Nahariya, Israel
Reviewed 3 August 2012

This hotel is one of the worst ever!!! We encountered three water stops during our 5 days stay... There were no running water in the taps. The air conditioning in the room is hardly felt and you can't breathe in the elevator becuse it is so hot. The food was less than avarage. The rooms are old and smelly. The only two good things were the reception people who were kind and the bar staff.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are too sunny
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Avitalp3

Travellers are raving about these Sunny Beach hotels

Home
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I would NEVER stay in this hotel and would advise anyone to stay as far away from it as possible. I speak Bulgarian (but I'm living in the UK now) and could hear the staff talk about the gussets. What a disgrace. I don't want to repeat what I heard but you do not want to stay there. I could also hear them talk about how the food is used after expiration (food in this hotel is terrible). Stay away!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Rebecca M
Hadera, Israel
Reviewed 21 June 2012

we (me my wife and 2 daghters) came to the hotel just for a low cost vacation.
we did not have high expectations from the prior reviews but....
pros:
right in the center of sunny beach!!!!
good food - all inclusive.
great entertainment team
the spa was cheap and verrrry good
the staff was extreemly helpfull
everything was clean and shiny
cons:
the matress and pillows were ancient and needed replacing (not that we botherd - we fell asleep in 5 secnds)
the hotel has only 2 elevators for 316 rooms (only 3 adults an 2 children can use it - small ) and sometimes you wait for 10 minutes for an elevator....
the line for cofee in the morning was huge.............LOL

Room Tip: if you are coming with family - ask fo a suite .... you can get afree upgrade (we did)
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family