“Discusting cheap would not recomend . Unsafe!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Pomorie Hotel

Pomorie Hotel
Ranked #196 of 221 Hotels in Sunny Beach
“Discusting cheap would not recomend . Unsafe!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Booked a week holiday for me and my daughter costing 800 pound. i get here and they stick me right at the end ov the hotel on the forth floor with a 3 year old.i had cleaners letting them selfs in my room after the cleaning was done and was accusing me ov stealing a lilo. I reported this at reception and the old haggy lady with red hair told me to go sort it with the cleaner. They dont care . Made me very frightened for me and my daughters sake so i had to go and stay in the same room as my dad. The food was VILEEEE!!!!! Its like pigs food. Even looking at it made me feel sick. Theres nuffing for children the variety ov food is shamfull. The drinks are waterd down and the alcohol isnt even worth trying. All in all waist ov money and would not recomend. People have been broken into and stolen from. So sad my daughters holiday was a bag ov poo!!!!

1 Thank Melly246

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

ive just returned from the nasty hotel pomorie let me tell you we have never had a holliday has bad as this .the hotel wos not all enclusive no free pool bar drinks in plastik cups. the food wos not fit for human consumsion . most the staff wos very rude every day people wos gettin robbed . it looked to me has if thay wos given the key to your room safes wos robbed.the bulken reps wos no help the one rep savi i think is mame wos he wos off his head you had got a big fella around the pool hoo wos very intimadating.i think bulken hollidays wil go bust very fast. ithink thay shud stop selling hollidays that am not fit for the purpus .the plain ride home wos fantastik

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ian C

Travellers are raving about these Sunny Beach hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Our first experience of Bulgaria and whilst the resort was fabulous and catered for every need, the Pomorie Hotel was atrocious. I can't recall one redeeming feature and have a list of things to share about the quality or distinct lack of it.

Firstly the food was appalling. Possibly the worst I have ever been presented with and nearly all customers complained at the beginning but after no improvement started eating out, defeating the entire nature of an all inclusive holiday .

The main Bar, (which was more of a cloakroom) was absolutely filthy and because the hotel has 'franchised' out all of the other bars, this is the only bar serving the supposedly 'all inclusive' drinks, and it was only staffed by one staff member meant that their were constant queues .

Getting back to the 'all inclusive' nature of this hotel they have effectively sold all the bars to private companies who charge for drinks, even the swim up bar charged for drinks, which meant that far from a choice you were offered no choice at all. I mean who has money at a swim up bar? isnt that self defeating. Ridiculous

When we approached the Holiday Rep, he wasn't exactly independent being employed by the Balkan Holiday Co and simply refused to entertain any complaint.

The staff were surly and simply shrugged their shoulders when you approached to discuss any problems. In fact the receptionist was possibly the least helpful person I have even had the misfortune of meeting. during check out they tried to charge us for a raft of local calls. None of us had made any calls and certainly had they done so they wouldn't have been local and all in all a very unfavourable experience

The Brochure boasts of a swim up bar, a games room, other facilities and bars, a cafe etc, but what they fail to explain is that all of these facilities are chargeable and not part of the 'all inclusive' nature of the booking. What does 'all inclusive mean' when its in fact limited to a single bar. Oddly enough I was even refused diet cola (and I am diabetic) even thought this was available for 'paying' customers.

All in all possibly the most disgusting place I have ever had the misfortune of staying which was such a shame as the resort itself was extremely pleasant.

Its a shame that TripAdvisor doesn't have a minus score as even giving this 1 out of 5 is far too generous for this hotel and please what ever you do don't book to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Dave S
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

On arrival at the hotel it seemed very nice. Reception staff friendly, security taking us to the room. Room seemed clean and tidy! BREAKFAST- Cold, no variety, massive queue as does not cater for the whole hotel. LUNCH- Cold, no variety, food ran out and had to wait over 15 minutes. DINNER- Cold, no variety, same food every day. Chips were not chips they were just bits. I could go on!! We ended up having to eat out although cheap not really the point of an all inclusive holiday. We began to wonder why people were taking their own mugs to find the hot drinks were served in PLASTIC CUPS. Not good as easily could burn yourself. Pool bar NOT part of all inclusive package. Bars if thats what you call them... Beer rubbish, again no variety only choice of cheap vodka, rum, brandy etc. Only about 7 choices of alcoholic beverage. Snacks - leftovers from breakfast and lunch. Although pizza was an addition which was ok, ice cream which was the highlight of the food.
DO NOT take valuables to this hotel the rooms were constantly being robbed but no forced entry so therefore nothing could be done. Also reports of the safety deposit boxes being robbed. DO NOT take belongings to the pool side these will be taken aswell. Did not feel safe in the hotel or the resort. People were going out and being mugged.
Good location - beach just over the road which was lovely. Shops, supermarket and bars on the doorstep.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Luan I
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Just got home from a week at this no exaggeration hell hole the staff are lovely until u complain then there vyle people are getting robbed on a daily basis including our selves when I asked for the police to be called they refused my rep Steve zalamov laughed told me that trip advisor was full of lies that no one had been robbed at the hotel and the English people were saying they had been robbed as an insurance scam although there were people being robbed daily they only stole my nieces purse there was nine of us on holiday so money was not an issue just feel sorry for the poor people that everything taken I could go on about the drinks food etc etc but I am we'll travelled this was a cheap hol so buying some meals out drinks out etc not a problem but when they start robbing u and my family and the children don't feel safe this was a big no no for me Balkan hols should pull out of this hotel as it is giving there company a bad name high light of hol met some amazing people picking my two dogs up from the kennels tomorrow think they will of had a better week than me better food and all there belongings with them really thought as many on here it can't be that bad make the best of it but believe me it is a unsafe hotel to stay at I can't stress enough safety deposit boxes robbed rooms robbed purses phones nothing is safe best of British to u if u go to this hotel u have been warned

2 Thank Wales987
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Im 13 years old and this is my first ever holiday abroad and wanted to go home after 2days of being there!! The food is VEREVOLTING, DISSCUTING, AND THE SMELL MAKES ME FEEL SICK!! People's bag are being stolen and all drinks are watered down! We couldnt even walk past a resturant with out people following us saying please please come in! My sister came with her 3year old daughter a week after being there and a cleaner let her self in my sisters room accusing her of stealing a lylo!! My dads girlfriend paid full adult price for me and i had to sleep on a rock solled camp bed!! The first day we come the shower did not even work for 3 days so we had to use another room to have one. The only nice thing about that hotel is the animation team!! Do not ever go to pomorie hotel!!!!

2 Thank Ticticboom
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We booked as a last minute get away and weren't sure what to expect based on previous reviews, however we were pleasantly surprised. Generally good service at reception. Room was clean on arrival although does need a bit of TLC, nothing major though, just general wear and tear. Was a little worried as our room looked out the front to the night club but didn't really hear anything but then my partner and I can sleep through anything. Food was very basic but always found something to eat, however went out a couple of nights - lots of good restaurants near by. We were all inclusive and were a little disappointed although we compared it to our last all inc holiday which was brilliant and nothing was going to live up to that. All inc only available from the lobby bar and had a limited range of drinks. Same with snacks, only certain times in the lobby and limited choice. Hotel is right opposite the beach which is fab, and the hotel pool is good although very cold. Always found sun loungers. Plenty of night life and places to explore. Rep team were good (Balkan Holidays). All in all, we enjoyed our trip.

Room Tip: Rooms over pool probably quieter but wont have as good of a view