“Hotel pomorie”

Ranked #196 of 221 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Paisley, United Kingdom
“Hotel pomorie”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Well as a young couple having read the reviews we were a little worried of what to expect although we had a really great holiday overall. We got a really cheap last minute deal and u have to remember what u pay for although the food was awful we never ate in the restaurant once although had budgeted to eat out anyway. We met lots of friendly people on our holiday and have made some friends for life. A holiday is what u make of it u have to stop constantly picking faults and look at the good in things! Sunshine and a lovely pool is always an advantage! The beach in Bulgaria is beautiful too. The aminaton team work very hard especially Marine who is very friendly helpful and looking to get everyone involved in the daily activities which are great fun too. We had heard stories of rooms and safes being robbed and I would warn anyone not to sleep with balconies open or even the window! Although there were negatives about this hotel we had a great time met many lovely people and enjoyed a glorious week in the sun followed by plenty of alcohol haha! I would definetley return to Bulgaria although unfortunately not to the same hotel. Don't be so put off by the reviews tho stay safe and try and make the most of what u have got! #staypositive....

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank lollypop123456

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Cheshire, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Hi everyone, just got back from the Pomorie Hotel and it was the worst holiday! all inclusive, the food i wouldnt of given a dog. It was all bulgarian food, not catering for any one else it was slop. The eggs were green, Spent a thousand pound eating out and that wasnt much better. The children were eating dry bread, there was nothing for them. The hotel workers and staff did nothing when more than 10 of us complained at the hotel. There were safes broken into, and all the keys were the same and opened them all. There was a lot of bad happenings with the locals so beware all you english men who want to go into the excotic bars u are are NOT safe dont show your money! On the whole there is more to say on our experience so any wheel chair users be careful they dont cater for that after seeing a young lady with black eyes and cuts. Me and my patner will never go there again or to visit another hotel in bulgaria. this one needs to be removed from the balken holiday advertisement, so much for a well earned break! This was disgusting!!

Room Tip: There isnt any!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
14 Thank lesley D

Travellers are raving about these Sunny Beach hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Booked a last minute holiday and wished we hadn't bothered. Arrived during the night to be greeted by the most miserable, rude and utterly unprofessional staff members I have had the misfortune to come across. Check in was complete by an offering of a very warm inedible looking sandwich in a plastic bag taken from the check in desk - no fridge - just what you need at that time of day ! I declined the offer of the "snack"
Room - it was on the front of the hotel overlooking a very noisy strip of Nightclubs, funfairs, tattoo parlours and restaurants. Rooms were ok, bathroom was ok, BUT the rooms were very hot with no air conditioning - you have to pay for fans at reception.
Food - words fail me, my son (14 years old) refused to go to the "restaurant" after the first morning (I call it this in the loose term) as the smell was enough to make him physically sick and heave. He's not a picky child when it comes to his food either - he eats sprouts,liver and marmite as a rule but there was nothing we could find that was edible - I wouldn't offer the food they produced to my dog! Snacks were no better, cold slices of pizza and bits of puff pastry. The fruit didn't look any better and certainly hadn't been washed before being offered. I didn't see a cake the whole week we were there.
Drinks, everything was watered down, you could only have a diet coke if you could produce medical documentation to prove you were a diabetic - I kid you not ! Ran out of most spirits and the beer - well what can I say - looked and tasted like a doctors water sample!
I appreciate that different countries and cultures can have a very different interpretation of what is acceptable and what is not with food/drinks/hygiene standards BUT having had to eat out everyday and sampled some of the lovely food and drinks on offer in Sunny Beach I can only come to the conclusion that this hotel is pulling a fast one and serving mass produced rubbish that is not fit for human consumption.
The pool, now where do I start, we were told by other holidaymakers that if you wanted a sunbed then you had put towels out on them the night before - even though there are signs up saying the reservation of sunbeds with towels is strictly forbidden - we didn't bother and thought we would chance our luck the next day. Came down just before 8am - no sunbeds left without towels on BUT not a single person using any of the sunbeds or the pool. Decided to put towels out later on that night around 11pm, not many sunbeds left to choose from - astounded - never ever seem this happen before in all of the holidays I've taken. Came down next morning about 8am to discover our towels had vanished and not a spare sunbed to be had. This happened to us TWICE over the course of the week.
The "lifeguard" (I also call him this in the loose term) he sat and dozed in a chair most of the day, on particularly hot days he stretched himself out on a sunbed and topped his tan up. I also witnessed the incident another traveller mentioned about him being pushed into the pool, I was disgusted with the behaviour of this man - who was supposed to be a member of staff at the time of the incident. He raised his hand to the boy in question, proceeded to throw his weight around with other holiday makers and was inciting a fight with another - couldn't believe what I had witnessed. I can't understand for the life of me why a "lifeguard" would have a mobile phone in the pocket of his shorts whilst "working"!! We are the kind of parents that take the responsibility of our child's welfare seriously and supervise our son at all times when he's in the pool BUT that said accidents happen and I dread to think what would of happened should someone of needed assistance whilst the "lifeguard" was napping !?!
There were reports of several break ins whilst we were staying here, not something that affected us, thank goodness but on the whole a lot of unhappy holidaymakers.
WOULD NOT STAY HERE AGAIN IF YOU PAID ME - if this hotel was in this country I would pursue to get my money back under the Trades Description Act. My Booking agent doesn't want to know - shameful !!
We like most people work extremely hard for our money and look forward to a well earned break/holiday when we can take one, this left us utterly disappointed and at a loss for words.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank StaffieZeb
Durham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

The food was seriously inedible, seriously, I mean think as bad as you can, and then add a pile of grease!! we spent all our holiday money, plus extra, eating out, the snacks during the day were equally inedible, the choice was none existant, not even decent fruit available! (melon bits for 1 week, then horrible little grapes that were full of pips for the second week!)

The room was basic, a bit shabby, but clean, we had a rear facing room as I'd read that front facing ones were noisy, lovely big balcony.

Some of the staff were very rude and surly, but equally some were lovely, and our cleaner was an angel, kept hugging me whenever she saw me, very sweet.

The kids were bored stiff, the entertainment was aimed at little ones, not teenagers, I did hear that the kids club was excellent however.

Room Tip: ask for rear facing, on high floor, the dining room is on second floor, and the corridor gets very n...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
leeds
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Sitting by the pool in soaring heat the only bind was going to the bar to get a drink.we went as a family the youngest was 9 and the eldest was 76.as there was 3 in our room it was a bit cramped (but u don't live in your room ) air con or a fan would have been nice :( very busy area noisey but had no problem sleeping.Food was much of the same but nothing you couldn't eat but then again your not in England. Staff were all ok but then again they must have got fed up with all the dick heads/piss heads that were there.i would go back there but not with my mum not very wheel chair friendly but all the locals would help u and they were all willing to help in anyway they could .....

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank bob666Leeds
Edinburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed here B&B and thought the place was ok. Was fed up listening to Brits moaning about the AI package when the brochure has the info below

All Inclusive Package

Meals: At the main restaurant, Buffet breakfast 7:30-10am; Buffet lunch 12:30-2:30pm; Buffet dinner 6:30-9pm • Snacks, pancakes, cakes, fruits & ice-cream, coffee & tea between meals (10:30am-12pm; 3-5:30pm) at the hotel bar Drinks: Local drinks including draft beer, house wine, soft drinks & spirits during meals in the restaurant & in the lobby bar 11am-11pm (international brands at local charge; all drinks outside above times at local charge) Entertainment: Animation programme 6 days a week • Once a week special Bulgarian cuisine dinner • 1 dance evening/ garden party • 1 day prize competition • Kiddie club with children’s entertainment programme Sports: Volleyball, table tennis, chess, darts, aerobics, daytime animation & games Pool: Free use of swimming pool, poolside sunbeds & parasols

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leith1875
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I came here with my girlfriend for a relaxing waft eat the end of septemberand I can honestly say This was my worst experience of a hotel ever,the staff are rude,the rooms are dirty and small and only cleaned when they can be bothered,I am a chef and I have to say I feel the food was not only disgusting with poor choice at breakfast lunch and dinner it was unsafe with raw food out,rotten food etc it is only a matter of time before someone is seriously Sick, chef should be ashamed of himself,the snack bar is the same every day just cold pizza and dodgy spring roll things,on my 2nd day there I picked up a drunk man off the floor who had fallen over drunk-fair enough I thought he's on hol- no he was the owner,only 1very limited bar for all Inc drinks ,ran out of vodka twice in a week,lift doesn't work,cockroaches in rooms,,very poor security throughout the day but even worse at night,we heard a few domestics out of control,but they weren't quietened down,we gave up trying to sleep on our last night due to the noise and came down early in the hope our pick up might be a few hours early-just our luck it wasn't-do not go here thinking the reviews are exaggerated like I did for a cheap hol,this place is horrendous

Room Tip: Go a different hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
#115 of 221 in Sunny Beach
MPM Kalina Garden
MPM Kalina Garden
#22 of 221 in Sunny Beach

Been to Pomorie Hotel? Share your experiences!