“Wouldn't stay here again”
Review of Pomorie Hotel

Pomorie Hotel
Ranked #197 of 220 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Glasgow
“Wouldn't stay here again”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Booked this hotel 2 weeks before our holiday. It's a really big hotel with so much potential but is wasted.
Bedrooms are a bit dated but were cleaned every day and pool is very clean and really big.
The big let down here is the food we went for the first couple of days then had to eat out for the rest. Not a big selection and not good at all. The all inc bar is based in reception when is a bit of a pain when ur at the pool or at entertainment and night and need to walk away in.
Lots of rooms in the hotel were being robbed particularly young groups of boys and getting there money taken. The receptions reponse to this was ur varanda door open if so there is nothing we can do. The people got nowhere with this.

• Stayed August 2014
5 Thank Mrsbarnes1234

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

when i went in 2008 it was a lovely place staff very friendly but rooms on the small side.. staff very friendly.. stayed in it twice but hear that alot of young groups stay around the same area now. sunny beach is a lovely place just stay away from the centre at night if you are a young family full of 18-30s party hard.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank woodyfamily2014
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel after seeing the reviews I was a bit gutted after booking my holiday. When we got there the staff was helpful and checked us in no hassle. The rooms we're tidy and the beds we're comfy it had a working shower and a balcony..mainly used for drinking sessions! It's a cheap and cheerful hotel perfect for 18-30s looking for a mega holiday! Quiet to sleep and not too far away from the strip about 15 mins walk but there's 3 pizza stalls to keep you going on the way! If you stay here get a safe as rooms we're broken into on the floor below and double lock your door before you go out and to sleep! Safe partying guys!!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Melissa C
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Had a fortnight stay at this hotel last year. Was the worst hotel I have ever been in. Food was disgusting, drinks were watered down. Hotel room was hardly cleaned, lots of holiday makers were making all the same complaints. Staff were ignorant, ask to spk to the manager. And the lady at the reception said she wasn't in, but later found out that the lady we spoke to was in fact the manager. We paid a lot of money for that holiday as we went all inc, but had to eat outside the hotel, as my partner and little girl were poorly with the slop that was served in the hotel.. We also sent a letter of complaint when we came home and up until now we have had no response to this. I most certainly will never go on a bulkan holiday again. They are not helpful in any way when dealing with complaints.. This hotel should have a star rating of -0

Stayed August 2013
8 Thank Lee-Ann J

Travellers are raving about these Sunny Beach hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Just got back from staying at the pomerie hotel for a week and don't know where to start , first off this hotel looks like a prison , no air con so be prepared not to sleep and the noise goes on all night long . The food is a disgrace we ended up eating out which is really annoying when we paid all inclusive ! The drinks are very watery and even the milk . Toilets are limited so be prepared to queue and the floors are always flooded ! We read reviews before we went but didn't think it could be that bad but believe me every word is true it the hotel from hell so don't book it there are many 4star hotels close by which are really nice . We had to have a room change immediately after arriving then were but on the 6th floor not great with mobility problems . There is a lot of 18 to 30 groups use this hotel so if you have kids be prepared for a lot of bad behaviour around the pool .

Room Tip: Don't choose any rooms stay clear of this hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Judith N
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Pomorie this July. We always get annoyed at how negative some people are on reviews of hotels, but on this one I can understand the frustrations. If you are or have booked this hotel, it isn't the worst hotel in the world though.

Firstly I have to say that I have been in colder sauners than the hotel room that we stayed in. I very much doubt any of the other rooms were any better. I just wanted to cry half the time as there was NO escape from the heat and we couldn't sleep. I spent half of my sleep time on the balcony tiled floor which wasn't the most comfortable as you can imagine. As soon as we showered we were soaked again and I could never get my hair straight and dry.

We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis. The breakfast was fine. Toast, eggs, meats, beans, cereal, juice, coffee etc. Quite nice really to be honest. We never ate any of the other hotel food so I can't comment on that.

The fans. Oh my god. Useless. 4lv a night and we had to have two. I'd say not to bother but when you feel the heat of the rooms, you have too pay for a fan to try and get some air! I don't really think that they should rent them so much as just have them standard in the rooms.

The location of the hotel is ok. Quite a walk to the centre of sunny beach but close to the beach - which is beautiful as always in Bulgaria.

We stayed at the Belvue Beach Hotel last September and the location of this hotel was much better as was the food, room and staff.

The pool is lovely and the entertainment for the kids seemed pretty cool (we don't have children). I should imagine that it would be excellent for families.

I must say that this is Sunny Beach, and so noise from young people partying is a given. No matter where you stay it will be the same unless you stay in a high star expensive hotel. We didn't mind this as we were once the same a few years ago!!

Thefts from rooms... DONT LEAVE STUFF IN REACH OF THIEVES!! Really this has nothing to do with the hotel as there are thieves all over the world!! I kept my passports, money, phone etc on me all the time. Put a lock on your case as an alternative and leave things in there. My lock got broke off at bourgas airport and my case was rummaged I'm assuming by the baggage handlers (took ages to come out too) but there was nothing to steal so all ok in the end. I wouldn't even trust the deposit boxes but that's just me being married to a policeman!!

There's people on the scam a lot in Sunny Beach. The maids, taxi drivers etc. Just be firm and stand your ground. No way would I pay twice for my taxi and no way would I pay for a dirty towel!!

Bulgaria is beautiful, cheap and the people are lovely. We love it here but wouldn't stay at this hotel again. It doesn't seem to have been discovered so much by the British people yet, but it really is gorgeous. As it is in the EU too, cigarettes and alcohol allowances are excellent which is great for approximately £18 for 200 cigarettes and £6 for a litre of vodka!!

Hope this helps someone :-) have a good holiday!!

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank tortoise1987
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend got back from a weeks stay at this hotel on Monday 21st July. We booked it last minute and had specified to our travel agent that we weren't particularly bothered about the accommodation as long it was half decent. After reading reviews of the hotel I was dreading going at all but was pleased to find that it was actually a lot better than expected! The pool was a good size and very relaxing, it wasn't too rowdy either and having access to the pool bar was ideal. The rooms are very, very basic and don't have any air conditioning (we took our own travel fan though so it wasn't too bad) and are generally clean. However, on our first day there we did find a dirty sock in the room which hadn't been picked up by the cleaners. One major downfall was that on our first night there one of the glass panels on the balcony fell out and into the hotel room balcony below us (we were on the 1st floor/second storey) and he had to go to retrieve it - after some time talking to reception they told us we may be charged for it, but thankfully we weren't. It wasn't until 3 days later until someone came to replace the panel however, which posed a serious health and safety risk. The panel falling was not our fault and the bar that held it in place had actually completely rusted away causing it to fall. We had look around at the other hotel rooms and noticed that some of them have different coloured panels here and there so it must be a common issue. I've uploaded a couple of photos to show where the rusting was. The music at the pool bar was also very loud and woke us up around 8am every morning.

Overall, we had a good stay at the hotel and got what we paid for! It's in an ideal location as everything in Sunny Beach is within a 10 minute walk. Staff were easy to talk to and friendly and we never seen or heard of anyone having any bother with theft/aggressive staff etc.

Room Tip: Rooms with a pool view are better as the front of the hotel is obstructed by a ferris wheel and tack...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
#47 of 220 in Sunny Beach
Yunona
Yunona
#169 of 220 in Sunny Beach

Been to Pomorie Hotel? Share your experiences!