“my stay at this hotel from 2-9 June 2014”

DIT Evrika Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #7 of 222 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I found this hotel very clean,friendly and would stay there again. Kids all seemed to be happy there, food excellent lots to see and do. Strip outside the back of the hotel is full of shops bars and restaurant you can well afford to eat out regularly so great for self catering to. Bus trip to nessebar well worth the trip at 1 lev per person works out about 40p each shops bars restaurant and a harbor looking out to sunny beach. We had some rain on our stay but when the sun comes out it is very hot there. Beach clean and always room for a seat on the sunbed over looking the black sea or take a dip. I would recommend staying at this hotel for families or as a couple. I cant fault it.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have just been refurbished from what the said at the hotel. for quietness go with...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank SueWilliams01

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel in the early hours of the morning, and were offered food and drink. In the morning once we saw the room we actually paid for an upgrade as we were on the ground floor right by the pool and could not of had any privacy and considering we had no desire to listen to other children play all day. The new room was amazing sea view. I would recommend to anyone to upgrade The cleaning were staff were put of this world, they worked everyday and never arrived back to our room to a mess. All in all if you have no children don't go all inclusive. The drinks are served in tiny plastic cups, and you have to queue to get a drink at any of the bars. The food was not great and we ended up going out of the hotel most nights for food and drink.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

i stayed at evrika beach for 10 days from 30th may to 10th june with the family, which i might add, was the first time i had taken them abroad. To be honest i have nothing bad to say about the hotel at all. Yes i read all the reviews before i travelled and i was apprehensive about staying there as many people complained about alot of things. The rooms were spotless and cleaned every day. the food was lovely , yes its was a little repetative but nevertheless we tried it all regardless. We ate in 2 of the themed restaurants and some have complained that it was buffet style and to be honest i preferred it as if you didnt like a particular dish you just tried something else. The animation team were fantastic, even when it rained they tried to keep everyones spirits up and a few of the guests didnt like it but hey you cant please everyone. the pool areas catered for everyone from active pool to water slides even a quiet pool for those without children. the only fault i can think of is that some of the other guests were rude and ignorant but you get that wherever you go and the hotel cannot be blamed for this. I would certainly book here again for next year and if you want a great family holiday that caters for all generations then i would recommend this hotel. There was one downside to the holiday and that was it rained for about 4 days but hey were british and we just get on with it

5  Thank fran c
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have just read the reviews made by Michael T and SaraJaneandMike and to a degree I will agree regarding the Austrians and germans, yes they were rude and thought they had the right to push to front of queues, but all you have to do to avoid this is go from Whitsun week onwards. The season does not begin fully until that week, hence the reason there were pensioners there WC 19th May. Having said that they were never at the hotel during the day, coaches collected them each morning for excursions, they would only return for evening meal. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, it was fab and both my husband and I agree that it was the most relaxing holiday we have had in years. Our son wants to go again next year, which speaks volumes! We barely saw him as he was either in the water or taking part in the activities. The hotel grounds, rooms, pools etc are spotless, the staff are continually cleaning and are very friendly. The food is fabulous and plentyfull, basically breakfast begins at 7.30 through to 10.00am, at 12.00pm the snack bar opens and remains so until 5pm serving various foods. Drinks are readily available and always 4 flavour of ice creams. Yes as mentioned drinks are served in small plastic glasses, but I would much prefer this, than having my child cut their foot on glass around the poolside! I we stayed from the 19th May for 11 nights and all restaurants were in use, my husband and father went to the Asian restaurant twice as they had never tasted food like it, yes it was buffet but a waiter served them with drinks etc, nothing poor about the food within any of the restaurants. You will never please some people. The slides opened at 10am for two hours, they shut off until 3pm when they re-opened again until 5pm. Granted this does seem a little longer than needed, but when you have such a fabulous lagoon pool there is no reason to complain. Yes the water was cold on arrival, but it warmed as the week went on, what you have to remember, the sun needs to heat it and the temperature had only just started rising when we got there. There was rain and thunderstorms, but these were of an evening so did not affect us by day, and we all came home with a fab tan! Yes there was a earth tremor which Was a little disturbing but lasted less than a minute and gave us something to talk about and a story to tell the relatives!!!! We thought it was very cheap eg a return bus fare for 5 people, journey time approx 25min each way for less than a £5, couldn't do that in the UK. Meal for 5people with beers, soft drinks and coffee for approx £35, what more do you want. If my son and I have our way we will be returning for Whitsun next year. Please go you won't regret it.

Room Tip: There are five blocks we stayed in block c room 116, which faces out on to the car park and main ent...
5  Thank Heidi D
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed here for 10 days, the hotel it's self is spotlessly clean, pool area fantastic, we had no problems with sun beds, water slides great.
Rooms very nice we stayed in block D which is the new block.
We ate in the main restaraunt, and the Italian ala carte, and the Asian but the Bulgarian was not open even though we stayed from the 23rd May until3rd June, they did open it on the night we flew back.
The main restaraunt food is ok, but does get very repetitive.
The Italian was not that good, although the pizza was amazing, our lasagne was very dry
The Asian was fabulous, lots of choice and cooked fresh
Sunny beach it's self is a very nice place and the hotel is located very centrally.
I would return again but in a few years time.

Room Tip: I would recommend block d as this is the newest block, and very quite
2  Thank pollymac14
Reviewed 7 June 2014

just got back from a 2 week stay 19th may till 2nd june. stayed here 2 years ago and had a wonderful time with no complaints about anything what-so-ever. This time however lots has changed.
HOTEL & ROOMS still no complaints actually had a better & larger room than last time, they have been refurbished to a very high standard. Cleaned everyday and fresh towels too.
Everywhere was spotlessly clean, with no exceptions the cleaners were always busy I even saw them cleaning at midnight.
The animation team were friendly enough and I suppose they tried but all in all were rubbish except for the abba show.
The Bars and the Resturants were a different story altogether. The staff were friendly enough although they did prioritise for the Austrian OAP`S. which were so rude and thought they owned the place. Apparentley the Austrian government pays for all its senior citizens to have a free holiday each year. (must be nice). Don't know what they were drinking either because i saw quite a few of them drunk, something I didn't manage to do as the beer ect was watery.
The food in the buffet restaurant was only hot if you actually got it at the time it was cooked, and was repetitive most of the time. I thought that quite a lot of it was soya meat. The salad bar and the cakes were good if that's what you liked (which the germans and Austrians did, even for breakfast). All in all the food was fine just a lack of choice and repetitive.
The water park was brilliant if you had kids with you, it kept them occupied for hours.
Friends of ours came out at the end of our first week, which was great, really enjoyed seeing them again.
I couldn`t really say if I would come back again, I did have have a reasonably good time. I would probably choose a different month to avoid the Austrians.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aj19207
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just came back from 1 week all inclusive at Sunny Beach hotel Evrika. (19th May-14)
Don't go to Evrika. If you do do go - do not book with Thomson.

Sunny beach is great - lively, cheap, nice people and good fun. So I will go back BUT not to Evrika and certainly not with Thomson.

The Evrika hotel is not like the other reviews I have seen it is poor to say the least. Position excellent but service poor.

The service is poor and there is a concentration on providing a good service to Austrian pensioners (of which there are many) to the detriment of the Thompsons guests. They have booked out almost all the restaurant and get preferential service at the bars etc.

The Thompson position on this is not clear as several people complained and I am yet to get a response.

The 3 restaurants as in the brochure were not operating and we were left with a poor buffet choice. The Asian opened later in week and guess what YES it was a buffet.

I completed a complaint form while I was there on the reps I Pad - beware if you sign this there is a clause where you accept this as a final resolution to your complaint - not explained by rep at time.

I booked a sightseeing trip with rep - do not do this as it is cheaper on the door of the hotel. This unfortunately had the wrong time on the ticket so we missed the trip.

I will never use Thomson again as I cannot see what value they added to the trip.

I think other people also complained so beware - make sure they have addressed these issues before you book.

Room Tip: Pool view is best
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Michael T
EvrikaBeachClubHotel, Online Customer Service Representative at DIT Evrika Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Michael,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having stayed at Evrika Beach Club Hotel and also for taking the time to post a review about your experience on TripAdvisor.

I was surprised to read that you were not satisfied with service offered by our employees, please, receive our most sincere apologies. The guest structure during your stay at DIT Evrika Beach Club Hotel was indeed a little different from our typical. However, please know that at our hotel we genuinely care about each and every single guest. On a side note, thank you for mentioning our premium location.

In the beginning of season 2014 the three themed restaurants were closed. Nevertheless, our F&B department decided to organise Bulgarian, Asian and Italian corners at the rear of the main restaurant to make up for the inconvenience. I regret to know that we did not properly meet your expectations, however, a quick look at Thomson website shows no such discrepancies and the Asian restaurant is not being advertised as an a la carte one. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and please allow me to clarify the following: although there are three themed restaurants on site serving Italian, Bulgarian and Asian cuisine, it is in fact the Italian one that provides an a la carte dining experience.

Finally, we all hope you will change your mind and give us a second chance. Feel free to contact us via e-mail should you need any further information or assistance.

Best regards,