“Back again”

Ranked #14 of 220 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Zagreb, Croatia
“Back again”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

This summer we chose Trakia Garden again for our family holiday. We had ten relaxing and troublefree days. The rooms are clean and spacious and the staff is very friendly and professional. The boys (6 and 4) enjoyed the pool and the green areas. We often ate in the restaurant that offers a large variety of local and international dishes and we especiialy enjoyed breakfast - lots of fresh, tasty choices for my picky eaters. The beach is quite close, not more than 10 minutes walk and there are lots of shops and restaurants near by.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Dimazg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
tyneandwear
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Just arrived back home after 10 nights at trakia garden, our family room was very spacious and clean with 2 balconies. A mini bar which was great as we arrived at 1am and in need of a cold drink ( prices are cheap aswell ) 1lev for water 1.50 lev for coke or fanta. The food was ok we stayed half board however we did not plan on staying in for tea every night we just used it for a snack some nights if we were planning on eating late, we tried the shepherds pie, fish , lasagna and a pork stew Which was lovely all with chips rice, pasta , Breakfast consisted of eggs boiled, fried, scrambled and even eggy bread/ gypsy toast also continental breakfast. The coffee was so strong we bought a little jar of Nescafé, nice fresh bread to make a bacon sizzle and fried egg sandwich. There's always something to eat.
Staff all work hard melina at the pool bar always has a smile , micho in the bar is lovely, Emily good help.
Great location for bars and restaurants .
Good pool area with lots of sunbeds and well kept gardens.
My only complaint about this hotel is there's no entertainment other than the same lady singing the same songs every night, a great place for a chill out holiday

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank canaryclang
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

just came back after a fantastic holiday in sunny beach as we were with our daughter and grandson as it was there first time and they loved it yes the rooms are basic but they are clean that is all that matters as for the food we ate there every night and no complaints as this is a family run hotel they do a fantastic job as does the staff who work very hard yet still smile and have a joke with you so it is a big thank you to emilly alex and michael thanks guys for making our holiday all the more enjoyable we will be back next year and looking forward to another fantastic holiday well done

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bryan J
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The hotel rooms are basic but are cleaned every day, didn't eat in hotel so can't comment on food although there are plenty of eateries near by, the staff are brilliant and couldn't be more pleasant or friendly, lots of bars close by too, quite central for the beach or the strip about 10 minutes walk, if your changing money over there use crown exchange only as others rip you off put up wrong rates to what they give to be honest exchange rate about the same here and you get less for Scottish money

• Stayed July 2014
motherwell
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We went back to Sunny Beach Bulgaria for the third time in June for 10 days and stayed at this hotel as it was close to all the bars and restaurants that we like.
We had booked this holiday in November 2013 and payed cash with the option of floor, pool view etc free of charge. We booked a high floor and pool view as my boyfriend likes to sit in the sun while I get ready for our nights out. We were given a ground floor facing the back of another hotel and next to what seemed an open sewer pipe (smell was horrendous at times). Not being one to complain about room, after all its just for sleeping in, we accepted it. To be honest were quite glad we did as theres no air con but glad to say the window that opens does have a mosquito net on it so it can be left open all night. Not that it made much difference as Bulgaria has had some of the worst flooding in history which has awoken the little blighters and both myself and my boyfriend were bitten badly. (Avon SSS doesnt work on them either)
So our holiday started straight to The Harp for dinner and not only did they recognize us but knew what we wanted to eat...rump steak and fried onions fantastic. We only dined here and drank here as we both love it and it sells strongbow on draft for roughly £2.80 a pint. You must try Godfathers if you go. Jack Daniels and Amerretto over crushed ice. Buy one get one free...Lethal to the extent I may have broke my thumb lol
Anyway the food in the hotel just did not look appealling at all sorry but its so cheap to eat out it wasnt a problem
The room was cleaned every day and to be fair it does need it, if all rooms are the same, the shower will be an enclosure that used to be a wet room so it floods the bathroom and the floors are very slippy. Oh the shower lol the pressure is fantastic so much so one night the hose completely flew off leaving me with water flying out of the taps pinning me against the wall was very funny and fixed with a new hose within five minutes.
The beds are very hard and look like old tapestry furniture but I had no problem sleeping, although the rooms at the back do get a lot of noise from the surrounding hotels and bars.
There are hairdryers irons and ironing boards all for rent at reception so no need to pack (obviously not the ironing board) about 70p for an hour
The pool area is great lots of little hide away parts in the garden with loads of sunbeds. The only down fall is it is right next to the main road which is very busy.
We flew with Balkan which is the only airline that you can book this hotel through and to be honest found them better than Thomas Cook and Thomsons. Word of warning though they dont accept Scottish notes????? You fly from Scotland but dont accept our money ok...so cost me a fortune in levs for our drinks but lesson learned for next year.
As always will definately go back to Bulgaria but am in too minds about going back to this hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ruthmotherwell
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I went to Bulgaria sunny beach with my husband and 3 children aged 11, 8 and 6 :) First holiday abroad.
The flight to Bulgaria cannot complain:) arrived at trakia gardens room a42 next to lift very clean and bog standard but for price I paid cldnt complain. The pool area was nice although the sun loungers never had mats. Also traveling with an autistic child the balcony doors do not lock nor do they have a handle on outside . Our board basis was half board but as most people say food wasn't so nice. The pizza not to taste for my kids, n food looked like it had been thawed outside and cooked in he sun all day. But so cheap to eat out so that's a plus .
However had a few incidents with shop keeper across from casino nearest the trakia hotel . I was standing getting some shopping, when my child of 8 dropped a sweet and she started to shout she hut him on the back and grabbed my daughter by the arm then checked my son never stole anything . In the stalls we felt that we were being watched and not made welcome .
On the whole Bulgaria was a good holiday cheap busy plenty to do.
As people have mentioned taxis be wary with and agree a price b4 going in. But they can become a bit aggressive and verbal.
I think I would visit Bulgaria again perhaps when my children are a little older or myself with husband.
For people travelling with children wondering about a budget we spent £2600 in 2 weeks this was eating out lunches snacks/juices dinner . Also excursions Khans tent, pirate cruise , nessibar water park and the Kuban water park. And of course kids I wants toys hats inflatables etc .
Make ure memories from your holidays as we did kids enjoyed it as did we . Only little things spoil it :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank charlene m
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

What can I say been going for some years now and would not ever change hotels wee have brought many family an friends off which all have returned because off friendly staff , clean bedding, large rooms, friendly welcome, an truthful people working an running the hotel what else can I ask for the pool at the back off the hotel is big an great for everyone the food. is bulgarian an English yes our family will certainly be returning can't, wait

Room Tip: if you are single double family twin or need a suite, just mention this when booking an it shall be...