“Well we enjoyed our stay here!!!”
Review of Zefir Hotel

Zefir Hotel
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We have just returned from a two week stay at the Zefir Hotel and I have to say that our experience here was very good on the whole. Indeed we had a really lovely holiday and, if I was going to return to Sunny Beach (I would not hesitate if there were not so many other interesting places I haven't been to yet) then this hotel would be my first choice mainly due to its location. It is some way out of the centre of Sunny Beach but that is an advantage as far as I'm concerned as I believe that the centre really is for young people (my husband and I are in our 50s and although we tend to act as though we are younger, we probably are rather too old for too much frivolity!!!)

In addition our location meant we could walked to the town of Nessebar very easily. It took about 35 minutes when we strolled along there and Nessebar is absolutely beautiful. Very touristy it has to be said, with loads of souvenir shops, but also exceedingly pretty with little cobbled streets and beautiful old houses.

There are two pools - one big one for anyone and a smaller one for children. The pool areas are lovely with lots of sun loungers and, in addition to the paved area around the pool, there is a large grassy area too, and a nice verandah overlooking the pool. The public areas of the hotel were lovely and spotlessly clean, with several different areas to sit. The staff worked long hours and extremely hard and all of them we encountered were very pleasant indeed.

I think that almost everyone at the hotel was there on an All Inclusive basis but we never queued more than 3 minutes to get a drink and the selection wasn't bad at all. They even had a chocolate liqueur which, served with some ice, went down very nicely indeed.

The rooms were serviced every day without fail, no matter how long I stayed in bed. The sheets were only changed once a week I think but I am sure that if they had needed changing more often then that would have been done. Also I don't change mine at home more than once a week. There is also carpet on most of the floor in the bedroom which surprised me as floors at most hotels I have stayed at in Europe have been completely tiled. Also the carpet was not the nicest.

Now I come to the food!!! I do not eat meat and I have to say that I really struggled with the food in the hotel restaurant. There was very little I could eat as it is almost exclusively meat based. My husband, however, does eat meat and he enjoyed the food. Fortunately just a few doors away from the hotel there was a little takeaway who make very nice margherita pizzas and a small one can be purchased for 3 leva which is just less than £1.50, so I didn't starve.

All in all a very good holiday. Not a 5 star hotel but then we didn't pay 5 star prices.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KathyYork
There are newer reviews for Zefir Hotel

Reviewed 15 August 2013

First of all, the hotel in general is really clean. Our room got cleaned everyday with fresh towels. The hotel lobby and pool area is also clean. The rooms are very basic and small but comfortable. The majority of the staff are friendly and helpful except for two receponists who have no interest in what you have to say. The food though well, the breakfast isn't too bad, there was eggs, beans, bacon, sausage and toast but the evening meal was basically slop, it was unedible, I wouldn't feed it to my dog and there is no option for vegetarians what so ever. It is that cheap to eat out so it's worth just going bed and breakfast. The location of the hotel isn't ideal, it is a fair way out of the centre but there is a little train directly outside the hotel which runs into the centre every 10 minutes from early morning until midnight. Around the hotel though there are several supermarkets, restaurants and bars. The beach is only a 2 minute walk away. I suppose you get what you pay for though, if you come here expecting to just stay in the hotel all the time this isn't for you but if it's just a place to rest your head in between exploring Bulgaria then you'll be fine, it's not as bad as people make out.

Room Tip: Make sure you request air con as not all rooms have it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joel S
Reviewed 14 August 2013

First of all not one of the staff I meet spoke English. Our room wasn't cleaned every day like it's suppose to be. Also pool was very dirty. After 24 hours me and my friend caught a virus, which seemly has been going around Bulgaria for 8 months. Why has no-one informed people of this. I believe as confirmed by doctor in Sunny Beach medical centre u can catch it in the swimming pool. The pool in this hotel didn't look like it had been cleaned for days. Also the food was horrible, I wouldn't feed it too a dog. The worse holiday I have ever been to in my whole life and I spent a small fortune on it! I am very surprised that a hotel as bad as this is advertised through travelsoon.com tour operator.

Room Tip: Don't go to Bulgaria, if you do ask your doctor about this virus.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Debzwatt
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Reception could not speak English' room was so small and clostafobic, the food was repeated and plain no sun beds available every day as the Germans and Russian had reserved them , couldn't sleep at night due to a local open air club and the noise of the whole area was so loud it was rediculous. We was placed at the side of the building over looking a busy car park and the service area there was no air con in the rooms

1  Thank 341richard1988
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Do not go if you're English. Me and my partner just came back from here and the pool was good, the cleanliness was good, nice area around the hotel, close to the beach. But we found ourselves always going out for dinner and we were disappointed with the lack of variety of food they had on offer. Some of it made me gag and the breakfast was the same everyday. Apart from the restaurant. Top place. Also it's about 5km away from centre of sunny beach so it's quite out the way a bit.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We booked a last minute deal to Bulgaria and was pleasantly surprised. The beach is a minutes walk away to the right. Just out of the door to the left you will find shops and fast food places. There is crazy golf across the road and a john smiths pub the other side of the crazy golf. The pub has live music every night followed by karaoke. Outside the hotel runs a road train to the center- 3 lev per adult. It's well worth the 10 minute ride- lots to do when you get there. The beer in the hotel costs 1.90 lev for a litre. We had maid service every day. And the staff are very polite and helpful. There are 2 pools, 1 large pool and a fairly big child's pool with a small slide. There are pool activities such as gymnastics and volley ball. They also have a mini disco on an evening. Sun beds can be a small issue- people reserve them all week be never removing their towels. Taxis are expensive so stick to the train. there is a hotel to the left called kotva- you can eat there very cheap around £2 for a main meal (from the all inclusive menu which changes daily)Channel 85 has english films.

Room Tip: ask for pool side because the other side doesn't have aircondioning
5  Thank tinah h
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Arrived at 3 in the morning, checking in was very quick and receptionist very happy for that time in the morning. The room was basic but very clean, realized that balcony door lock had broke, told reception next day which was fixed straight away. Clean towels when you need them, just leave them on the bathroom floor and they will be changed, maids came in every day to clean.We had a room without air conditioning it was ok we just left balcony door open, but a couple of nights later was woke up to sound of music, which was from a nightclub a few streets away and carried on till 7 in the morning.
we stayed AI and food was buffet style, usually a queue, it had eggs hard and poached, beans etc and plenty of meats and fruit. Every dinner and tea it had boiled potatoes and plenty of pork or chicken in some sauce. The hotel does seem to cater for other internationals. You could only get ice cream between 3-4.30. The hotel itself is about 1 1/2 mile from center, but there is a train which stops outside of the hotel, it only cost 3 lev, but stops at midnight. we walked walked back from center every night only took 25 mins. If you want a sun lounger i would put your towels out early, we walked around the pool just after 2 in the morning, half of the loungers had towels or air beds on, even though there is a notice up stating no reserving, management did nothing. There is a lovely grass area which we put airbeds on there.
This hotel is very good value and we would return

1  Thank 777julia