“Never again”

Ranked #198 of 220 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Bryne, Norway
“Never again”
Reviewed 9 June 2011

this hotell looks very nice from the outside, but my stay was terible.
"disco" lights in the hallway, not realy clean rooms, only one powerout put that worked, most of the lamps at the room was not working
internet was bad , not working elevators and the worst bed ever
i was asking if they could print out a plane ticket for me, the coulden eaven do that eaven if i offer to pay 30 lats for it
i booked this hotell for a week,but after 4 days i was so feed up i left :(

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank oddlahh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Oulu, Finland
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We just came out from the Chaika Beach hotel and I have to say that I now can understand all these things people has said about it! Breakfast was not good, staff were very, very rude (exept two lovely ladies, but they were in reception just few times) and at first they messed up our lists and said that we don't even have a reservation there! Then we got a mold-smelling awful little room, and they were trying to double-charge us... And not even said sorry, when they noticed their mistake! That was ruining our first two days of our holiday.
Ok, then we got transferred to better room, but it really was not so awesome. Just bigger and not that moldy smell, but just as bad as the first one. Beside my bed there was a vomit stain in the carpet and there was it also in the wall... Nice one... This hotel has not seen 4 stars even in their wildest dreams!!! I would say maximum 2 stars.

It looks so marvellous outside. But the inside is something else. And pictures DO lie. Don't go there, try some other place. I think there must be better hotels in the Sunny Beach!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Sunny Beach hotels

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We have just come back from spending 10 days in this hotel will extended family (4-74) and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The rooms were spacious and clean with fresh towels daily, the staff were all friendly, polite and helpful and the beach was a stone throw away. Yes the lift did have a tendency to break down but so what.. there were 2 others that could be used, the food was exactly what you would expect form a buffet style meal always well stocked and hot. The pool was clean but the sea was so close we only went to it once. The reviews posted on here do not do it justice, I am already looking to book again for next year.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank slkeenan
england
Reviewed 6 June 2011

First impression of hotel: 10/10 clean, decorative.
Reception: 1/10 rude, arrogant, shugging shoulders, can't be bothered attitude. ( went twice, was polite with them).
Bell boys: 10/10 helpful, polite.
Rooms: 9/10.
Maids: 10/10 clean rooms, friendly, very impressed with service.
Lifts: 2/10 often broke down, unreliable.
Resturant:
Greeter 10/10 polite, friendly.
Food: 3/10 repetitive menu.Tasteless food.
Drink: inconsistency with rules for drinks= some people can only take one drink each to table, others in the same queue take five drinks each! This happened often...
Waiter service Monday to Wednesday terrible! 2/10 Some seemed fed up that they had to do the job! Leaning across people eating to collect plates, glasses. tablecloths (first sitting clean) second sitting, dirty. Taking drinks, dishes before people had finished with them. (talk about Fawlty Towers). Thursday onwards, saw a change of staff and a total change of attitude, polite, well mannered, couldn't do enough, professional 10/10.
Pub and gardens: 10/10 bar staff friendly, very good at their job.
Entertainment: ? Didn't see any, only bingo.
Castle pub: seperate from hotel, not linked as advertised. Have to pay for pizza, meals, etc.
Pool: good lifeguard on task.Cleaners clean around pool area as did the lifeguard.
Sunbeds: towels left on early in morning, rules not adhered to.
Overall mark: 2/10. we went all inclusive, it wasn't cheap by any means... Apart from the hotel being clean there was no facilities for families... loads of hen parties, stag parties, large groups of students which were noisy, especially for people on certain floors who could not sleep for the noise! Really disappointed. we will not return.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Scotland
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Stayed here end of May, beginning June.

Hotel was ok - arrived very early morning and check in was quick and efficient. We were on the 8th floor, room was clean and fresh towels every day. Seemed to be an issue with water pouring out the back of sink, however there was a drain in the middle of the bathroom floor. Air con didn't work, but assuming cos it hadn't reached hot enough temps yet, as wasn't on anywhere in Sunny Beach. View of the beach was fab.

I'm fussy, so knew the food wasn't going to be great, but seriously, who goes to Bulgaria for the food?!? Found enough to live on and breakfast was good. My mate is less fussy and she enjoyed a lot of the meaty stews. Eating outside the hotel is cheap enough too. I think the dining room might struggle with bigger crowds when the season is in full swing though. The staff were hard working, but not naturally smiley.

The hotel is cheap, so there are lots of young people of all nationalities and they could do with an entertainment team to channel some of their enthusiasm during the day - it can get noisy round the pool. Other nationalities aren't as naturally polite as the British, but similarly don't expect you to treat them like that either, so just give as good as you get and it's all good.

I don't think I'd go back all inclusive again if it was cheaper not to, cocktails and beer are so cheap in the local bars who all have loads of promos on. Nightlife was fab outside the hotel too and something for all ages.

Did a couple of Thomas Cook trips and they were good - would recommend Khan's Tent to all and the bar crawl was a good mix of ages and the reps were fab. Our rep was good and took his responsibilites very seriously.

Asked to book a slot in the shower room for the day we were leaving as we had a late flight out. Was no problem, although no towels provided so we wished we'd kept the ones from our room. Beach towels also required for poolside, first time I've not had these provided when all inclusive.

Overall, it wasn't the best hotel in the world, it wasn't luxurious, but it was clean, fresh towels every day, sun loungers available all day, and enough food to live on. Can't ask for more than that for the price we paid.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 5 June 2011

The hotel service is terrible, reception does everything NOT to help you. There was no internet connection in my room, so I had to go to the lobby every day (there was one connection in my room, but hotel staff refused to tell me the password as they said that connection is for hotel staff only. In the evening it is impossible to sleep because of people partying in the hotel room (next to me, over me) normally until 3-4 (once until 7) in the morning. Walls are very thin, you can hear everything. Cigarette smoke came in the bathroom (I don't smoke!) through the ventilation system (most probably from smoking neighbors).

Breakfast is also very poor, you can find hardy anything edible. Cleaning staff knocked on the door every day at 10 even when I put out the don't disturb notice. And when I wasn't in my room, they came in, but didn't change towers or clear the room properly.

Receptionists are very rude and even tried to cheat me paying my bill.

Do NOT go there unless you go only partying and have minimal needs. Never go with family here. It is not even a one star hotel.

Room Tip: don't try to book here
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jatekos
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2011

The bad reviews about this hotel are correct, when we arrived (at midnight) our room door wouldn't lock, so when we looked, the door frame was falling off, so when we managed to lock the door it could be pushed open with all the frame coming away, we asked for another room and they said it would have to be sorted in the morning, we didn't get moved but a man came and stuck the door frame back with foam. The lift broke down loads of times everyday we were on a high floor and took ages to walk up all the stairs. There is no way enough sunbeds, people put towels on and leave them nearly all day which they say isn't allowed but they do. Not many english at all and we found that all the foreigners were very very arrigant. pushing you out of the way for food and walking straight in front of you, one man pushed my 7 year old out of the way while he was waiting for some soup, I was livid then they make out they cant understand you.
I was pregnant at the time and one girl took my towel off my sunbed and lied down while I was having a swim. The food is awful its the same every breakfast,dinner and tea. The chicken is always pink which we didn't eat but we all ended up with a stomach bug.At the pub at lunchtime they do pizza(which I'm sure had left over dinner on it) and dry sandwiches but once they'd gone that was it, no more. the icecram was melted like milk. What we paid for this holiday we could have gone somewhere alot better. We were gonna stay at the laguna park but decided to be next to the beach wish we hadn't. We went to have a look and it was great,nice food served all day long, entertainment brilliant and when we talked to some guests they had no complaints. I would strongly advise you not to go to Chaika beach hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family