“Good value for money.”

Ranked #196 of 220 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Barcelona, Spain
“Good value for money.”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I had been to Sunny Beach the year before but our hotel was a good 20 minutes walk from the beach. When we came back in June 2013 we wanted a hotel that was still cheap but in a better location. The location if Chaika is great! It's right on the beach and is a few minutes walk to the main strip.

I don't think the hotel is 4 star but it probably was when it was first built. It was decent but it could probably do with a renovation! The rooms were pretty old fashioned but at least they were clean. The pool was okay but it was always freezing, so we used the beach most days.

I can't really comment on the food. We were half board but we ate out every night because it's so cheap. Although I do wish we'd tried it at least once.

I would recommend Chaika for young groups of friends, but there was a few families and couples there too. It's decent for the price and you're paying for the location really.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Siobhan K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stayed here back in 2010 for a lads Holiday. Had a week all-inclusive. The Hotel is really big and looks really nice and I found it maintained quite Well. It can be a fairly noisy Hotel though. The food is average nothing special but it wasn't bad. What I expected really, fairly wide selection but also repetitive . If your going All-inclusive be aware you only get 1 choice of beer, I think 1 Vodka, 1 whisky and 1 Brandy all local may have been one more. Also they stop serving at 11pm. The service was quite slow which I put down to stopping you drink so much. The rooms were quite nice and some have fabulous views. The pool area was also really nice. I would stay here again

Room Tip: Try get a room at the front with a sea view
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I hadn't been to Sunny Beach for some years and it we good to see this graceful hotel was still here. The room I had a view to the sea with blacony - it was spacious and spotlessly clean. I booked on a rate that included breakfast and was surprised to see how much choice their was on the buffet. The staff were helpful and welcoming and it was only a few steps to the beach.

Sunny Beach is lively and full of young people but still had good restaurants and it was only a short drive to quieter spots up and down the coast.

I didn't use the hotel pool as I prefer to swim in the sea but it looked clean and tidy but I did use the spa and enjoyed few hours of peaceful relaxation.

Room Tip: The view to the sea is so beautiful
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BunnyToni
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I find it hard to say anything bad about this hotel, staff freindly and very helpful, food brill to much all sort of choices, room good bed massive and shower very welcome after the hot day in the sun
The only negative is the floor in the dinning room is slippy so watch your step.
I loved this place so much I have booked again for next year, this time with a seaview, can't wait.
So I recomend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get a room over the first floor for a view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank andypuddy
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I booked the hotel through co-op travel under Balkan holidays. it is well positioned on the sea front.

Rooms were good but poorly finished

Shower flooded every morning because of no adjustment on shower head.

Staff were polite and friendly

I had half board. food was badly presented and repetitive

Most british holiday makers complained about the food

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Redditch, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I read the bad reviews about this hotels and I chose to think some people will find anything to moan about ,however I have just returned and believe me they are TRUE. on arrival one of the beds was wet had had to be changed,the linen had seen better days too,the food was awful it was like slop and cold all the time they put in a dirty rusty microwave for guests to warm up the food ,the plates and cups were chipped or dirty the pools were dirty and never cleaned the whole week I was there PLEASE AVOID this hotel don't waste your money

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Karen R

Travellers are raving about these Sunny Beach hotels

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have just returned from a 2-week stay at this hotel, and it's difficult to know where to start to describe the experience.

The front (roadside) façade is very impressive, and it is only fair to say that my room was clean and adequate without being spectacular. It was also adequately serviced on a daily basis. However, this aspect was one of the few pluses in the venue's favour.

The food was mediocre to put it mildly, with little in the way of variety or inspiration, and was invariably lukewarm or even cold. The desserts, which are normally my favourite part of a meal, were repetitive and completely unimaginative, with a choice of fresh fruit, kolaci cakes, or their local equivalent, and ice cream for 14 consecutive evenings. In case anyone should accuse me of fussiness here, I hasten to add that I talked to several other guests, whose opinions of the food ranged from 'poor' to 'lousy'.

The terraces outside the restaurant were very shabby and unkempt in appearance, with scruffy iron tables and chairs, and wild grass which looked as if it had not been touched in aeons.

The strangest experience of all, something I have never encountered on previous holidays, was that, being a half-board guest, I was not able to purchase an after-dinner coffee. Upon enquiring about this at reception, the staff there were unable to give me an explanation, but instead directed me helpfully(?) to the Mystic Bar next door, which is not even part of the hotel !!

Vast external areas of the hotel are very poorly lighted, or even unlighted, at night, including the courtyards, pool surrounds, and the beachfront/promenade entrance, as a consequence of which I suffered a bad fall on my first night's stay when returning via this entrance and not seeing a very deep (9 or 10 inches) step down to the entrance, which resulted in me requiring hospital treatment.

One of the few factors I was able to find in favour of the hotel was that Wi-Fi internet access was provided free of charge, something which nowadays has become quite a rarity, as the vast majority of hotels like to make an extra few 'bucks' from this.

My overall opinion was that the hotel is extremely flattered by its 4-star rating, as I have stayed in several 3-star hotels which surpassed it in most aspects, and it is not a venue to which I will be returning.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo