“Chaika Beach”

Ranked #198 of 221 Hotels in Sunny Beach
London, England, United Kingdom
“Chaika Beach”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I came here for a week with my family and didn't enjoy it because the food was disgusting.. The staff were rude and had no time for the English, they laughed in your face and refused to give my 3 year old niece apple juice. The pool which was meant to be seving free ice cream did not they only served crossiants and biscuits they did not serve everything they advertised.

Room Tip: Higher floors you can sometimes get a better view. Roomson the south side are sometimes quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Elle D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Czech first

09/08/14-16/08/14

Good points:

Large room
Brilliant 180 degree sea view
Choice of the quiet pool or the loud pool
Fantastic location
Air con
2 minute walk to Flower Street
2 minute walk to pier
Water zorbing in the pool after 6pm
Decent sized fridge available -free to use
All modes of transport easily accessible
Lot's of light in the room
Lot's of supermarkets close for water etc.

Bad points:

The bell boy had taken our bags before we knew what was happening and pushed in front of 3 people queuing for the lift in order to get us to our room. AWKWARD. And then we had to tip him.
On first glance the hotel looks fantastic but on closer inspection it is falling apart (this is easy to ignore however)
All sunbeds are gone by about 6:30am
A lot of the sunbeds are broken (missing screws)
The maids sometimes choose to not make the bed, or not give you any toilet roll, no clean towels etc.
The maids enter the room with or without the door sign and walked in whilst we were there many times
Can't change temperature of the aircon as the knob was missing
Free wifi was only free in the lobby and there was no signal anyway
Restaurant was a shambles
People fought over plates and cutlery due to a lack of them
There is no order, it is a complete free for all
The lift is very slow and it is not good to use the stairs at night as the automatic lighting didn't work on most floors
The only vegan food available was salad and fruit and the staff were not helpful in relation to this
Only 2 staff on reception for what is basically 3 hotels made it a long wait if you needed anything
Everyone pushes in front of you if you let them
Loose tiles on the balcony
Pool was icy cold
Curtains were falling down

Room Tip: If going to Nessebar, just walk to the pier to get a sea taxi for 10leva pp. They come every 20 minu...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank abichloe1990

Travellers are raving about these Sunny Beach hotels

Nazareth, Israel
Reviewed 17 August 2014

First do NOT go there.
I stayed there from July 27-31(Sunday to Thursday) 2014.
me and my friends(3 in total) got 2 rooms, when my room A214 had a serious issue with the air conditioner, which didnt generate any cold air!!!! I talked with the receptionist and he said that there is a general issue in several rooms and will be fixed tomorrow(Monday), and since it was a lot of pressure in the hotel, I believed that problems can exist specially in this season, but I also believed that it can be fixed as well.
Monday evening, the receptionist(another one) said it will be fixed tomorrow. so I asked for another room but she said the hotel is fully booked. so I was stucked with the same room for another night.
Tuesday: issue solved? No. can I get a another room? No.
In Wednesday, a rude receptionist told me that its not her problem!!! so I asked then who's? then I asked her where is the manager? guess what, he decided to take a day off in the most extreme period in the year, so I asked her, so who should I talk to? she said to go some room near, and there another rude one, she told me its not her problem!!!!

4 nights in total, where I slept 2 nights in my room with heavy sweat, and 2 night on the couch in my friends room.

BTW I mentioned only the major problem I faced, all "small" problems you can see in other peoples comments(like not cleaning the room, unclean dinning room etc..)

Sunny beach is amazing,
Chaika Hotel Not. they *****.

Room Tip: do NOT go there unless you you have to.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Mahmood86
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Spent 1 week all inc at chaika beach hotel with my husband. We expected the food to be poor after checking reviews on here before going and we expected it to be different from what we would eat at home but yuk yuk yuk. Breakfast and lunch were only just bearable (pasta offered for breakfast, really!). Food was raw and quite often there was no description of what it was, finding plates and cutlery was survival of the fittest, even if you had queued and were at the front the Eastern Europeans were like vultures and would barge you out of the way and you would be left with no plates. This wasnt helped by the fact that the hotel staff couldnt wash plates and cutlery quick enough. We spoke to other guests who had bowls etc snatched from their childrens hands. For a hotel which holds 1000 guests, 3 working coffee machines really isnt acceptable, we chose to eat out mainly which is far better, loads of lovely restaurants and bars to choose from and prices are good too! If you want a sunbed get up early!! All though most of them are broke any way. Our room was ok but I think we were lucky after speaking to others. This hotel is definitely for Russian people who are extremely rude and not friendly at all!! The drinks are very small and the larger is either very weak or alchol free as my husband would drink it from 11 am and wouldn't even be tipsy by tea time. Staff were not really friendly apart from the guy at Seamans bar (not the one with the bog eye). I would not recommend using the pool side toilets as they were disgusting! Be aware on leaving the hotel as you will be harassed by charity workers right outside the hotel on the strip. Overall Bulgaria is a lovely place to go, the strip is great with loads to do for everyone!! Glarus is a nice place to go for drinks you even get a fleecy blanket in the evening if it gets breezy. I would go again but would not stay at this hotel!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Donna Y
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Have just returned from a stay at the Chaika Beach Hotel. Disappointing is an understatement when describing how terrible this hotel really is. The hotel is rundown and poorly managed reflected in dreadful food, rude staff, dirty rooms, stained/ripped bed linen and broken fixtures and fittings everywhere. The hotel is rated as a 4-star but in its current state should be reclassified as a 2-star. Only one restaurant was open to cater for a massive amount of guests. Food was cold, unappetising and plates and cutlery in short supply and chipped/dirty. The hotel is literally falling apart as witnessed first hand this morning when the mould and drips from the ceiling in the dining room turned into a full blown flooding no doubt due to a ruptured water pipe finally giving way! Save yourself disappointment and stay somewhere else.....

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Kelly S
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Rooms were ok. Could not manage to get a sunbed because people put their towels out at 2 in the morning, pool full of sand and cigarette ends!! Food hall was a nasty place as you were pushed out of the way and nowhere to sit, the evening food smelled horrible. We ate out! Stairways were not cleaned the whole two weeks we were there, things were on the stairs from when we arrived and still there when we left. Definately NOT a four star!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank suzanne k
Burnley, Lancashire
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Right, this hotel has fairly ok rooms and lobbies but thats it. Im sat here on my balcony as i write this.

From the way i was dealt with by the receptionist i felt like she didn't like us two. We had to get our BH rep to get our passports because the receptionist said they weren't ready (lied). Asked for another wifi hotspot top up and she lied to me saying they don't do them anymore. I went back later and the night receptionist gave me one. You can get wifi in your room with these. ill try get a name or a photo of the woman i'm talking about.

The Russians love Chaika and you can tell by the way they are treated and how we are treated (we are 2nd class guests to them here). There's virtually no english speaking people here so if your going to try speak to other holiday makers then go outside the hotel, because the Russians cant talk to you and the Germans wont talk to you (it seems).

We haven't used the pool because the sun loungers are always 'reserved,' so we go to the Globus hotel 4* down the promenade. GO TO THE GLOBUS HOTEL IF YOU'RE coming here PLEASE they've just renovated the place and it looks amazing.

We haven't used any of our AI because the food is horrendous and we just cant be bothered drinking inside.

Another thing, i think the management here are getting some guests to come on here and write gleaming reviews. If you're British and you've come here and say you've enjoyed it, tell me what medication you're on because I WANT SOME!

Will try update with photos soom.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Rchappy88
NikShiderov, Guest Relations Manager at Chaika Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Hello Dear Guest,
On a behalf of all our staff we would like to extend our sincere apology if you felt mistreated in our hotel. We are disappointed from the fact that the incautious behavior of one our employee has caused a negative impact on your holiday. As a hotel with reputation we pride ourselves with excellence service for all our guests disregarding their nationality. We also feel sorry that you never contacted our Customer Service Officer who is on your disposal any time. We will take your comments under serious consideration and we will work hard in order to improve all aspects in our accommodation.
We hope to welcome you again and show you our better part. Our team is wishing you all the best in your personal endeavors!
Best Regards.