Hotel Riu Helios
US$34
US$46
US$45
  • Beachfront
Helena Park Hotel(Sunny Beach)
US$129
US$102
Wela Hotel(Sunny Beach)
US$71
  • Breakfast included
Tia Maria Hotel(Sunny Beach)
US$38
US$122
  • Pool
Family Hotel Romantic(Sunny Beach)(Great Value!)
US$34
  • Beachfront
Radoslava Hotel(Sunny Beach)
US$84
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsasian restaurantanimation teammain restaurantbar salonbar staffsnack restaurantevening entertainmentthomson repfree bottles of waterkhans tentpizzagreat holidaythe air conditioningfantastic hotelsmaller poolflight timessomething for everyone
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Good food/drink/ clean great bar staff waiters and the animation team.Reception unfriendly Gergio in the main resturant rude the girl in the shop worse.
The Rui class card they wipe off your points if you do not stay in a rui for two yrs so when you have a late check out as most of the flights are late here they charge you About £60 to keep your room on,so the points we saved for this were wiped out not happy as stayed in many Ruis but not the last to yrs.Try the Iberostar behind people were saying it was the best here. Good position for this hotel anyway 10mins away from blackpool in the sun.Best time to go here would be the first two weeks july and the same in september

Room Tip: pool rooms are good, 1st floor the best bigger balconys.rooms on the back face the street and coach stops
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank glenn1956100
Reviewed 15 October 2013

it was nice and pleasant ! :) The food was surprising delicious ! The meals were great ! The staff were cool :) The only thing is that there were too many bees ! And the hotel's guests were too insolent and put their towels on the lounges in the night before and all day long ! The hotel's manages have to forbid that !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lora A
Reviewed 8 October 2013

If you are going to make a career of model or just want to lose weight, it is not your place. But if you enjoy life, like delicious food and wine, sea, sun, good company, you are very welcome to the best hotel at Sunny Beach. The hotel personnel will make your stay very pleasant.
Tips: 1. The best rooms are with sea/pool view. The rooms facing the streets could be noisy. Definitely avoid those with a door between the rooms, you will hear every word of your neighbors.
2. There are 2 thematic restaurants: Bulgarian and Asian. Make your reservation very much in advance as they are always busy.
3. Nessebar is a must-see. Take any bus with a sign Nessebar ( # 1, 5, 8) and in 15 minutes you will enjoy one of the best place in Bulgaria. One-way ticket costs 1 lev (half a euro).
4. If you go to Istanbul, take 2-days trip, one day is not enough for the city. Remember that the Sultan’s palace is closed on Tuesdays.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
12  Thank IrinaStPetersburg
Reviewed 2 October 2013

hotel was really lovely had a lovely break BUT when we arrived 9pm the bar was open but nothing to eat was just givin water the bar was open for drinks but no food we had to go out for food which was the last thing we wanted to do would of been happy with sandwich think they need to inprove this !!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank yvonne s
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My wife and I went to the Riu Helios, Sunny beach between 9th and 17th September...It was our 2nd visit to the hotel having went there in 2011. Difference being this time we took our 18month old boy. The main reason for returning was the last time it was such a fantastic experience we had to return.

In 2011 we had the most amazing pool view room. You looked out onto the main pool and could see the beach in the distance. We booked this holiday 15 months in advance and requested a pool room...so hoped to get a similar room. We were very excited when we got the lift to the same floor, down the same corridor, but instead we had a room overlooking the street. We were above the delivery entrance of the hotel, also above the hotel generators. I went down to the reception to ask to move rooms and was informed to speak the manager at the welcome meeting.

As I explained the situation to Jess, the Thomson rep she dismissed me in an instance. Wasn't even willing to enquire, consult the manager...nothing!! She just said hotel is completely full and no chance of a move. I spoke to the manager, and found her to be rude and dismissive also. Her reply was "not possible" and if I wanted to move I could do it on the Sunday (but we were going home Monday)

Had a couple more problems with the room, door lock broken and a large hole in the balcony (big enough for my boy to fit both his feet down??) but informing reception these were fixed relatively quickly...

I had also had to ask the question at reception about the room doors. The door had a lock on it, now when locked surely it would make sense that from the inside it should lock?? NO, it simply stops people from the outside using a room card to get in. So having an adventurous little boy he could simply pull down the handle,(with the lock on) and the door would click open...Very disappointing!!

Now that's my moans over and overall this is an impressive hotel. What they have done in the last 2 years is exceptional. Extending the main restaurant and modernising the pool bar, both with modern glass sliding windows. The restaurant is fantastic, plenty of food to choose from!!

The animation team is fantastic, always trying to involve you but not too pushy. They work such long hours but everyone has a laugh with them. Great bunch of people...

The bar salon and evening entertainment is poor.. On a final note if I had to be critical the pools are freezing. I would have expected some warm water to be pumped through the kids pool at least...

At the start of the week the way I felt about the Thomson rep, the managers attitude, the room type I would have give this hotel 2 stars. But thank the lord this hotel has been improved, great bar staff, restaurant staff, animation team and the maids keeping the rooms clean has bumped my opinion to 4 stars...

I would go back but anything within 10 years would be too soon...

Room Tip: Just pray that if you request a pool view you get one...Is booking 15 months in advance not early enough??
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family