“Imperial”
Review of Imperial Resort

Imperial Resort
Ranked #60 of 222 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Stayed at this hotel in September 2012 and it has everything that we needed for a good holiday. Rooms spacious with good fixtures and cleaned daily. Food in restaurant really good with plenty of choice. The staff really friendly. The only downside was that the entertainment was not very good even though it may have been fine for families and children. The hotel is situated about a 40 min walk from main sunny beach area and 20 mins from Nessenar, but if you dont fancy the walk the little train runs both ways every 15 mins till midnight.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 September 2012

Firstly I am NOT the kind of person to go overboard on complaining.. I will put up with and make the best.of my holiday... This all changed after visiting this hotel!

Room
Arrived to a nice looking hotel with very flash cars outside.. Around 3am. We had our bags taken to the room and all seemed ok.. The view was of a back street but as we had been on the go all night we fell asleep. When we woke we found our selfs in a damp smelling bed made with 2 singles.. The bathroom was a shower/wet room (no bath) on the out look it looks clean and tidy.. But a closer look you could find mould and hair where it clearly was not cleaned. The halls were dark and dingy lifts wet and grubby.. The maids walked around using the same cloth for every thing.. You only had to look at the trolly to see there was NO cleaning products in them. Moved to 2nd room - sticky tacky balcony with dirty old broken chair and table.. Broken wall (6th floor up!!) the bathroom filled with water every time the shower was used... I could go on.!

Eating/bar
We missed breakfast due to sleeping in.. So was looking forward to lunch.. Getting into the dining area we had no direction from (teenage boys) staff.. There was children (age 6ish) helping there selfs to wine for there parents. I can not tell you our faces when we looked at the food presentation.. Let alone the taste!! I selected a few fried potatoes and dry pasta.. On 2nd potato I had a mouth full of mould.. I was almost sick there and then.. My partner selected a runny, watery looking salad (from the ONLY choice of saled..) and dry black bread (only bread!) a what was labeled a pork steak.. (cheap cut of fat) and starchy over cooked rice.. we decided it was best we payed a visit over the road for lunch (having a few biscuits!) we complained (first day) and had no out come and no positive help. Dessert - the fruit was warm and un washed the ice cream tasted like lip stick.. I could go on...

Snack bar.. Please see my photos I really can not tell you how bad and poorly run this was.. I would NOT let my dog eat the slop they served up.. If you did fancy a small snack you had to wait in a long queue while 1 guy cooked 2 paper thin pizzas at a time (in a over that could fit at least six.. You then could only have 2 very little slices that even my children would have turned there nose up at..! (so glad we didn't take them!) all in all the food was a disgrace and even the hotel staff was seen buying food in the shop over the road.. (including the manager who claimed the food was lovely!!!) AGAIN I could go on..

I got laughed at when I complained (the rep said the food looked ok and standard for sunny beach hotels (when we was moved to the iberostar (a great hotel) this was a complete lie) the waiters were very lazy and did nothing to make the best of the situation they were rude and ignorant. The hotel manager was very un helpfull and only what seemed part time.. The reception staff were what felt like they were used to people complaining.. Every time we approached the reception desk there was a line up of customer complaining about some thing.. The maids were just trying to make the best of what they had but with NO skills of cleaning.. I could go on...

Pool
Ripped umbrellas hanging all over.. odd bits of random furniture Hanging here and there every were.. Mould growing around pool area.. Broken grates around (I never got in the pool in this stay!) broken concrete slabs all over the place.. broken dirty sun loungers.. Rubbish flying all over the place including plastic cups.. left out food containers.. Food.. The pool area was sticky were drinks spilages had bp never been cleaned.. Please please do not take your little loved ones here.. The pool had NO sun from 3 pm onwards (so forget about getting a tan!) I really could go on

Beach
What lovely beach lovely sand lovely water great waves.. But when your penned like pigs sun bed to sun bed on the hotels stretch on Sand (with a all inclusive bar that wasn't even open on our first day!!) not enjoyable.. The guy said we don't open the bar when it's cloudy.. My point was we was on the beach and was still 30 degrees!! We had to pay for the sun bed which was apart of our all inclusive hotel.. When the bar was open they just lined up plastic cups of lager and soft drinks (10 - 15 at a time) which the wasps were really pleased with!!! Fag butts every.. I could say more...

Facilities
Ummm well you could spend your evening here with no entertainment a plastic (not even half of lager) cup on a church pew under a broken canopy.. Feeling very ill from the slop that was dished up that was ment to be your dinner!!! Or maybe you could do all the 'okey cokey' with the only entertainment for the evening!! Toilets lights go out mid flow.. By day wet and sticky by night stickier and dirtier.. Mould growing up the walls and every thing metal was rusty..! Bar broken doors empty shelfs rude waiter.. I could say more...

Nice parts..
The tv in reception showed a great movie which I couldn't understand.. the deco was nice to look at on the off set.. walking out that door with our cases to the iberostar were.. You pay a little more and my god what a difference.. Food was fab.. really clean.. staff cleaning every where 10/10 pay the extra you will enjoy the fab shows EVERY night and you will not want to dine out or leave the forever on going entertainment...

A very disapointing hotel.. It was our first holiday with out our 3 little ones and I'm so glad they never came to this hotel.. We asked to move on the first day and it happened on the 3rd day having to pay this a PENALTY charge to get out.. After we ate half of a plate of lunch and had at most 5 plastic cups of lager each in our 3 nights of being there...hardly warranted £1200!!!(cost of our holiday) people really need to know Just how bad this place is, where the positive reviews have come from...I'll never know!!! One can only assume that 'dave from uk' is actually dimitar the hotel waiter! Read most of the english reviews they are almost scripted and written in broken nonsensical English!!! The true uk reviews are generally honest and a true reflection of this place and include photos.. I'm trying load mine now..!

Enough said.. Sorry to go on.. And on! But thank you for reading and please keep searching:-)

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Wendy J
ImperialGroup, Director of Sales at Imperial Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Dear guest,

First we would like to thank you for choosing hotel Imperial for your stay and for your time and effort to write this review. We are always glad to learn from direct guest experience, this way we can try to achieve the maximum for their future stay!

I have a few comments about the room: The rooms are cleaned and refreshed everyday afterwards the housekeeping supervisor checks every room before the check-in guest. In a 4-star hotel the bathroom is equipped with a shower, not a bathtub. This is the first time we receive complaint about the halls. We wil definitely check if there are any other complaints on reception about it. There are several types of maids' trolleys - one for towels and linen, one for cleaning and one for the rubbish, so depends what trolley you have actually seen when stating that there aren't any cleaning materials.

The F&B department are informed about your complaint and they are running an investigation. I just want to let you know that there are at least 10 types of salads to choose from druting every meal.

After we took a deep look on your complaint and together with the management, after the investigations we conducted, we reached to the conclusion that most of your complaint was based on unreal facts.

We are sorry for that we have created inconvenience during your stay.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Stayed here from 21st aug to 3rd sept on an all inclusive basis.Hotel on the surface looks lovely,room looked very nice and although the cleaner was in every day,not very clean,the sheets and pillow cases were not changed in the 2 weeks we were there,although the towels were.Couldn't believe the price list in the room regarding breakages or any damage done to the room.Dining room was a free for all,no tables set ,food never hot,just luke warm,vending type machine for coffee,tea and juices......no tea or coffee with evening meal.The waiters lifted my plate twice before i'd even finished eating,I heard a few other guests complaining about this too.

The lobby bar closed at 11:00pm and the full place plunged into darkness between 11;30 and midnight. Drinks were served in very flimsy plastic cups,but we found that if you tipped the barmen you got a proper glass tumbler.Checkout was a nightmare,we had to be out the room at midday and our pickup for the airport wasn't until 1;30am the next morning.....13 and a half hours,no courtesy room,just a luggage hold.I had made enquiries when I booked and was told there was a courtesy room where we could shower and change before the flight home,I told the woman at reception this but she said no if we wanted to keep our room on for longer we would have to pay and even then we would need to be out by 6pm.I didn't find the staff very friendly at all,apart from two barmen,Jimmy and Michael,who certainly knew how to keep guests happy.
This hotel has a lovely location and if ran properly would be a great choice ,but I won't be back to it

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
ImperialGroup, Director of Sales at Imperial Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing hotel Imperial and for you effort to share with us your opinion. It is always important to us to hear what guests thing in order to improve and continue to develop our product.

We have the hygiene of the rooms as one of our highest priorities, and I would like to apologize if one of our maids have missed to do a proper job. I have ask the housekeeping manager to investigate your case. She stated that all sheets are changed every 2 days and that there are no reports to have missed some rooms during your stay period. Price list for breakages and damages is necessary because we have some guests that do not agree with the payment if the have broked the door while drunk for example.

In the all-inclusive description you can clearly see what is included during dinner, lunch or breakfast.

After the all-inclusive bar closes at 11:00pm, the lights of the BAR AREA only go out. Where there are people sitting the lights are on until they leave. Plastic cups are gived for health and safety reasons - for example the pool where everybody walks bare footed. Imagine if someone broke a glass and somebody stepped on it before the cleaners could get to it. I am sure that the tip won't help you to get a proper glass.

All claims about the courtesy room you should bring up to your travel agent, since they are the ones that promised you this service. The hotel does not provide this kind of service for free.

We would like to apologize again for causing this inconvenience and making the last part of your stay unpleasant. We hope to welcome you back next year and positively surprise you and live up to your expectations.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

I don't know who is writing all those positive comments, but for me the Imperial hotel turned out to be total disappointment!
1. The room. The room is spacious, that is true, but who needs that space when it is not comfortable? Remember your feeling when you first enter a room in a good hotel? Yes, the feeling is that you are the first one to live there. When I entered the room in Imperial hotel I noticed the signs of previous inhabitants (their hair) everywhere, and which is most annoying on the toilet seat. The dust was on every surface and I had to clear it myself to put my personal things on the bedside cabinet. The carpet required vacuum cleaning and the window glasses were dirty. The situation didn't change during all 10 days of my staying there. To finish the comments about the room I want to add that the broad double bed was in fact two separate beds put together and had two separate blankets, so it wasn't very nice to sleep with my husband there. The pillows were very thin and uneven.
2. The canteen. The food was cheap and not tasty, which can be the matter of my preferences, but twice I found eggshell in scrambled eggs, once a hair in milk jug, once half a caterpillar in salad and once - dirt on the tomato. That was more than enough for me to refuse eating in the hotel's canteen and eat out till the end of my stay.
3. The beach. The beach was really in about 5 minutes of walk from the hotel, the sand was quite nice and the sea water was clear, but there were a lot of cigarette ends and plastic glasses there, because nobody neither ever tried to put recycle bins on the beach, nor tried to clean it.
4. The service. The hotel’s staff never tries to cater for their clients. They never do anything more than what is a must. The answer to every nonstandard request is no, and only when you ask a dozen of leading questions and offer a sound solution they may say yes. For example, they didn’t offer me as a pregnant woman to check in earlier than it is normally done, and I would have had to wait for 4 hours on the couch in the lobby after a night’s flight, if I hadn’t asked them to check if our room was ready. Luckily the room was ready and we checked in at once. Then the late checkout nearly turned out to be a problem. Though we informed the reception girl in a few days’ time that we wanted to check out late on the departure day, they didn’t confirm that till the very end hoping that somebody else would book the room for the whole day. This is not the good service that you can await in a four star hotel, I must say.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tatiana T

Dear guest,

I can assure you that the hygiene of the rooms is our highest priority. Before the check-in of our guest the housekeeping supervisor checks all rooms. I have ordered an investigation of your case. There is no record that you have complained on receptions about this problem. I am sure that if you have done that you would be immediately moved to another room. Maids are visiting the rooms every days to change the towels and refresh the room itself. Indeed in some rooms we have twinbeds, if you had requested a room with a bedroom on reception or when you booked your holiday we would have given you a room with a bedroom.

The hotel caters for more that 600 guests, you can imagine the eggs needed for breakfast. Yes there is a possibility of some eggshells to be in the scrambled eggs. We would like to appologize for this inconvenience. I spoke with the chef to pay extra attention to the eggs.

The beach is cleaned daily with special machines by the municipality. We have the problem with the cigarette buds since the tourists belive that they can throw the everywhere.

With 100% occupancy of the hotel there is no possibility to check you in earlier I am afraid. We have kept to our conditions that guest can check-in after 14:00. This is written on your voucher and your travel agent should have explained it to you. Yes we give priority to pregnant women and families with small children, but if the hotel has that possibility. And for the late check-out, as I said the hotel was 100% busy at that time. This is the reason why the staff did not confirm you late check-out earlier. There is one more thing - late check-out is a subject of availability.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

Good location. Easy access to centre, beaches and Nessebar. Impressive looking hotel, excellent clean room but drains smelled horribly throughout our stay. Good choice of food and always fully stocked buffet but a bit bland. pool bar played very loud electro funk music continuously from 11am - 6pm so not a restful experience lying around the pool and half the sunbeds were broken. However drinks were plentiful and barstaff very friendly. Overall a decent enough hotel suitable for couples and families but not a spectacular four star hotel - more like a 3 star.
Not a heated indoor pool or jacuzzi, so was avoided by everyone as too cold and spa a bit shabby.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
ImperialGroup, Director of Sales at Imperial Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your time and effort to write this review. It is always helpful to hear directly from guests how we did during your stay.

We have taken into serious consideration your complaint about the loud music at the pool bar. After we have investigated the bartender was warned. The F&B manager regularly checks the volume levels. I am sure that is you have taken this problem to reception the hotel management would immediately take actions.

Next year we are planning to replace all the sunbeds with new, because this year they have suffered some damage. We are sorry if we have created any inconvenience.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Me and my family stayed at the imperial hotel for a week in late August. The kids loved this hotel and we were very calm with them being there. The territory of the hotel was closed from everywhere and the couldn't go anywhere. Also the entertainment team kept them busy the whole day. Rooms were nice and clean, pool area quiet and tidy. I cannot say the the hotel does not have a small details to work on - for example more infomation upon check-in. Food was always nice and warm, good variety. Recommended for families.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 3 September 2012

First impressions of the hotel are good, it is in a very quiet part of sunny beach,
About 45 minute walk to the centre or take the little train for 3 lev.
Food not as good as some reviews on here, the food is always cold unless you wanna go down at 6 pm but your not guaranteed it's gonna be warm, same kinda of food everyday .
The entertainment .... What entertainment .. Kids show mr universe , male versus female . No live acts to watch.
The only good point is that the beach is a stone throw away from the hotel.

As a lot of people we have talked to we all seem to be duped into coming to this hotel with the positive reviews, negative ones are deleted buy the hotel so we'll see how long this stays on.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Minimeee45
ImperialGroup, Director of Sales at Imperial Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear Guest,

The F&B department of the hotel ensures that throughout every meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner) at the restaurant the quality of the food is strictly monitored. Regular temperature checks and tastings are done by the chefs there. I am sure that if you had any complaints and have taken the immediately to the supervisors they would do everything possible to help you.

The Animation (entertainment) team is present 6 times per week, on the 7th day we organize Variete show or Bulgarian folklore evering. Also the team's programe is different almost every day. Yes it starts with entertainment for the children (kids disco) and it continues with some games for the adults.

Another point is that the hotel does not have any influence on the reviews that are posted on the tripadvisor site. We cannot delete a bad review or post a positive one. This is why the reliability of this wite is high.