We have just returned from a 5 nights stay at Imperial Hotel. The building is impressive and you expect the same services however we were quite dissapointed at times with their services.
First, we made a reservation via Booking for a room with the beach offer and had a preference for a large double bed however we received a room with 2 beds put together though I specifically asked at the reception to make sure she gives us a room with a large bed. The lady at the reception is really arrogant, the other ones from the reception are nice. The shower is a mess and the water from the shower goes all over the bathroom. The room was cleaned every day but the lining was not changed once, just mine from my side of bed at the day of arrival because it was dirty- you would not expect that from a 4 star hotel.
Second, the snack bar close to the pool was quite dirty and was used also by guests from Amfora 3 star hotel, so why worth to pay the extra money if you have the same benefits, right?
Third the beach was not really clean and the sunbeds have no mattress on which is really uncomfortable since they cost the same as sunbeds from the other beaches close by.
Positive aspects: the resort Sunny Beach is really nice, it's our second visit here but we stayed at a different hotel, Nessebar is amazing, location of the hotel is their biggest plus.
The pool is really clean and big enough but the sunbeds are always taken even if no one ever shows up to use them. The food in the restaurant is ok, but didn't like that they didn't serve bananas every day since all fruits were hard. The grill chef is the best, really! So nice and friendly even if he is there from morning to evening. Ivan, the restaurant manager is definitely not a 4 star restaurant manager.
Also the beach boy with the sunbeds us very rude, not helpful at all.
The other staff is ok.
Would recommend this hotel only because of the location. We will probably return to Sunny Beach but will check in to other hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beautiful and modern hotel complex is located in the southern part of Sunny Beach. It is, right next to the preserved by UNESCO dunes, just 150 metres from the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Imperial Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Hotel Sunny Beach
- Imperial Resort Bulgaria/Sunny Beach