Well after I had read a few reviews on here and was honestly quite worried. I had paid money to upgrade to premium all inclusive and wondered if it was worth it. my mother in law had paid a single supplement and also upgraded to premium.
We arrived after 1am and we were checked in super fast, our luggage was taken up to our superior room which when we went in had a bottle of wine and a massive bowl of fruit with a welcome message. mini bar in room for your use as well. My mother in law also had a massive room with fruit and wine, something she didn't expect as she was a single person and expected a small room.
There was a cold buffet laid out in the main restaurant in case we were hungry.
As we had upgraded to premium all inclusive there was a separate restaurant and bar that you could access by using your key card for your room (quite exciting really) Although the restaurant you could also access from by the pool. I never counted more than 8 people in the premium restaurant at once and the service was amazing. The waitress (dark hair with pony tail and glasses, really sorry can not remember her name) was simply the best, attentive, chatty, happy, helpful and polite. She was fabulous I hope Iberostar read this and congratulate her on her professionalism.
Food was plentiful, not quite hot enough for my liking but then I'm a chef so quite fussy! However there was something for everyone. The pools were lovely, kept clean, the staff worked hard especially the cleaners, chambermaids, reception staff, animation team and bar and restaurant staff. always willing to help.
The premium bar was a nice touch, away from the noise somewhere you could sit down and have a quite drink either over looking the pool or inside. You could also have international produced drinks as well as locally produced. So Russian standard vodka it was!!
Gabriella in the premium restaurant was also amazing, bought us drinks over, remembered our what we drank etc...
I can honestly say this is the only hotel I would return to should I go back to Bulgaria, and I have stayed in two others on separate occasions.
We did eat out a couple of times whilst we were there, There is a bar called Morris, opposite the Helios hotel on the beach, The food and service were superb. Another good night we had in Franky's bar, drag queens were hilarious.
All in all a very good holiday. Iberostar got it spot on and next year may try to book Iberostar again in a different location. Well Done to the Managers and the staff, takes a lot to impress me but you did, Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Sunny Beach hotel is packed with facilities and services to guarantee the holiday of your dreams alongside one of the best beaches on the Black Sea. It features a spa area with a sauna, hammam and Turkish baths, free Wi-Fi, beauty salon and hairdressers, fitness room, Miniclub (ages 4 to 7), Maxiclub (ages 8 to 12), and Teenieclub (ages 13 to 17), tennis courts, water sports, children's playground, workshops for children, and entertainment for all guests. What's more, there are seven pools to choose from, one of them with a fun blue octopus that shoots out jets of water. Rest is guaranteed at the Sunny Beach hotel. Its 630 rooms and suites are spacious and perfectly equipped to ensure the comfort that couples and families with children alike seek whilst on holiday. And, finally, the hotel's cuisine is another of its main attractions. The Sunny Beach hotel will allow you to sample Bulgarian, Mexican and international cuisine at its three restaurants and you can try all kinds of drinks at its four bars. One of them is the Wiener Cafe Amadeus which has the ambiance of the most exclusive coffee shops in Vienna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Iberostar, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Sunny Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Sunny Beach Hotel Sunny Beach
- Iberostar Sunny Beach Resort Bulgaria