First off the Hotel is spotlessly clean! and staff were first class. The let down bits for me were the 1AM check in and only one person checking us in (3 coaches arrived at the same time) so it was slow, no offer of drinks or food on arrival, yet day time arrivals got champagne. Food was good but repetative - this is the same for most AI hotels these days so not a deal breaker for me. The pool was really cold even for me! so only ventured in once, then straight to my room for a hot bath. The Thompson / First Choice brochures show the pool from Helena Sands Hotel its in front of the Helena Park Hotel and we (Helena Park) guests are not allowed to use the pool at the Sands Hotel and vice a versa! we were allowed to use the indoor pool and gym though as part of our AI. There is a beach bar but it is not part of the AI the snack bar had fantastic ice creams, but the snacks were not always hot, but to be fair it was not that busy I think in peak times there would be more turn over of foods. Upstairs bar was part of AI bit not spirits as these were branded but down stairs you could get cocktails etc on AI but it lacked atmosphere. I have no idea about night time entertainmaent as we were in bed by 9pm every night, as we like to get up early in the morning. We only saw the animation team once and that was on our first day, I think they were either paid off or had been eaten? but they did vanish!
Oh back to the beach it was clean enough, but is rubbish for snorkling, you can go out a long way and its still not deed, you need to be aware though that there are big jelly fish on some days.
Would I go back? no. I enjoyed my stay but think as Ellie said its like Blackpool, not that its a bad thing but Blackpool is not my kind of holiday. Do visit Nessebar if you go but be aware that its full of touristy shops looking for your lev
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * In the Sunny Beach resort area on the Black Sea * 3 to 6-story building * 150 m from the beach * Sun loungers and parasols on the beach (additional charge) * In a 14,500 m2 garden together with the Riu Palace Helena Sands Hotel * 2.5 km from the center of Sunny Beach * 28 km from Burgas airport * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Helena Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helena Park Hotel Sunny Beach
- Helena Park Hotel Bulgaria/Sunny Beach