“Fantastic Holiday”

Ranked #1 of 221 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic Holiday”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My family and I (husband and 2 children aged 3 years and 6 months) have just returned from the Majestic Hotel. This is our second stay in the Majestic and we cannot recommend it highly enough.

We stayed half board, the breakfast is nice plenty of choice but can get very busy and hard to get a table, the dinner is great plenty of choices with different specials every night and something to suit everyone. You do have to pay for drinks at dinner including water.

The rooms are very clean and are cleaned everyday with fresh towels and toiletries. We had originally booked through Falcon and booked a studio for the 4 of us but a week before I decided to try and upgrade to a 1 bedroom apt. Falcon wanted an extortionate €832 to upgrade, ridiculous price and I didn't pay it but thankfully the hotel accommodated us. I emailed the hotel to upgrade before our arrival and reception were very helpful and prompt in replying.

The hotel is large with 1600 rooms but it has 3 swimming pools and there were plenty of sunbeds while we were there. I do agree with previous posters about the pool being freezing cold my 3 year old loves splashing about but I had to take her out of the pool on several occasions as she was shivering and her lips were turning a shade of blue. There is a designated beach area for residents of the Majestic and it is 4 lev for a sun lounger, the beach is nice and the sea is warmer than the hotel pool!!

The Animation Team for the hotel provide activities throughout the day for the adults and entertainment in the evening for all the family, they are very friendly and do a great job with the long hours they work.

I like the location of the hotel it is at the nice of the end of the strip within easy walking distance of the shops and bars. The one thing the hotel is lacking is free wifi. You have to pay for the wifi in the hotel and the signal is not great alot of the rooms in the hotel don't get connection.

The hotel has an ATM and a currency exchange desk, it is safer to use these in the hotel rather than the exchange shops located on the strip.

There are always taxis located at the entrance of the hotel and they speak English which helps!!

I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be returning with my family again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sij0n

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Ive been to bulgaria before and i must say this hotel ans location was 5* i went int middle of aug for a week..i enjoyed it so much so my patents are now going next week!! Great food with different menu every night...great bars and drink offers available and our room was spotless!!cleaners work day and night and staff are always happy to help!any1 havin crap late night flight id suggest u take full advantage of the courtasy room thwy provide so u can freshen up in the evening!! EXCELLENT

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Just back from staying at the Majestic Hotel on 13/09/13.
Complex situated at a great location at Sunny Beech resort close to the centre but far enough from the hassle of street vendors etc. The Hotel itself is spotless and well maintained and the pools are fabulous.
I counted 20 staff cleaning the pool area at 7am and continue to clean throughout the day.
The rooms are a generous size and are maintained to a high standard, we were upgraded to an apartment with pool and sea view. The bar, cleaning and waiting staff are helpful and friendly, however some of the reception staff can be abrupt and rude. Some changes needed here a move of the friendlier waiting staff to the front of house positions.
The food was excellent and plenty of verity to suit all tastes as good as any 5 star hotel.
We have already make plans to return next year.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

very clean hotel and the staff are very polite and helpful. Only had one problem with the hotel and it was that the swimming pool was absolutely freezing cold! it was like jumping in an ice bath! But apart from that I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Brighton
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Hotel- the Majestic is overall a nice hotel. Perhaps a little large and impersonal for my liking, but the rooms were of a decent standard, very clean and ran efficiently. We only ate breakfast which was of ok standard, plenty of choice but very busy. The pools were nice, nothing really for kids in way of slides etc but as we went with a baby that didn't matter to us. We found a sun bed whenever we wanted though I imagine if there were more than 2 of you you may struggle getting beds together in the morning during high season.

The entertainment at night was bad! I say this because basically it consisted of a group of adults miming to songs and doing dance routines my daughter could have put together. I would expect the entertainment crew to be actually able to sing!

Be warned it costs 5 lev for a game of pool... That's £2.50. Is that the most expensive game of pool in the world? And I lost, to make it worse :-)

The beach, it's ok. We are not really sun worshippers so can't comment on the beds on the beach but had a dip in the sea. Great respect for the life guards who were there in a flash when our baby toppled out of her swim ring. (Luckily and thank God, we were right with her too and the life guards were not needed but please be careful as a wave just whipped the ring out of my hands).

That leaves me with the location. Think Zante/Newcastle city centre Friday night/student bar central with seedy strip joints and sex shops along the way. Eugh! Well unless that's your cup of tea of course. You can head to St. Vlas on the bus for a quieter more chilled beach . You can go to Nessebar but tbh any 'heritage' has been squeezed out by the hundreds of coaches shipping in tourists and it basically is just shops/ restaurants.

Khans tent for a night out is a must but be warned the wine must be pretty strong and they give you shots (I wasn't drinking much myself luckily) and lots of people got way too drunk (from the tales next day) Don't book a boat trip for the day after is all I'm saying.

All in all I would say if you are just wanting to stay at the hotel and pool, go for it. If you want to party and them go back to a clean hotel also go for it. If you have teenage girls stay well clear or keep under v close supervision. If you like culture and good food dont book this place. If you have and now you're dreading your holiday , don't despair as despite all that we still had a good break! Especially if you haven't got a young baby as we do as I'm sure you'll be able to make the most of the excursions laid on by the reps, some of which sounded really good.

3 Thank Robinson1974
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed at the Majestic for two weeks from the 5th of August
What a great hotel
Spotless, friendly staff
Awesome buffet food better then all the 5 stars ive been to
Fab pools
A great place for all the family

2 Thank PVG130184
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

just back from majestic hotel in sunny beach Bulgaria I have never stayed in a hotel as clean and welcoming as this hotel was here for a week wish I had booked longer well done to all the staff they were all polite and always had a smile for you I would recommend this hotel to any one also the food was very good lots of choise

Room Tip: have a sea view room in the main building on a high floor well worth it