“brilliant”

Ranked #1 of 221 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Hartlepool, England, United Kingdom
“brilliant”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

we stayed here at beginning of june had a great time food was excellent plenty to choose from, hotel staff really friendly rooms clean and comfortable.had a bus ride into nessabar on the bus only cost us 1 lev each its 30 levs in a taxi,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Linda B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Just returned from 2 weeks at the Majestic Hotel (02/08/14) not a single complaint, this is an impressive hotel, people stop and have their picture taken with this hotel in the background it really is that good, the staff are really friendly and hotel is spotless, the animation team all do a great job (special mention to AMY who has a 'million mega watt smile' and lights up a room) adults and children alike love her.
This Hotel is literally right on the fantastic beach, barely a short stroll in the baking sunshine from the equally impressive hotels two pools (you get free pool towels each day) night or day there is plenty to entertain you, be it the Hotels Animation team or Sunny Beaches long main strip which runs right down into the distance along the beach front, a must to walk along after another filling evening meal.
'Book it you won't regret it' Bulgaria is well worth a visit and in my opinion, this hotel is going to be pretty hard to beat.
TIP use the very near by Supermarkets (one on main beach strip was excellent) for daytime poolside drinks, you will save a few Lev and the short walk in the fantastic sun, made you feel you deserved that ice cold beer or fizzy drink so much more.

Room Tip: all rooms are good, but the sea view rooms do get a cracking view, so it may be worth paying the pre...
6 Thank Nigel_O2014
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Quick Review:

Good Points - Hotel was very Clean, Comfy beds, Helpful Staff & maids, 20mins walk to Flower St, lots of fast food places to eat just outside the hotel,

Bad Points - Paying extra for hotel safe, 8 levs each per day for sun loungers on the beach.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Tina605
Leicestershire
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Just returned yesterday from two weeks at the Majestic - Sunny Beach. What can I say? Excellent all round!
Great room with fabulous sea an pool views. Cleaned every day, fresh towels and clean sheets every couple of days.
Amazing food - masses of variety to please all appetites and an excellent selection for vegetarians too. Carvery was brilliant a different meat every day. From, the delicious soups, to the salad bar, the main course selection was vast to finish off - some scrummy deserts!
Hotel constantly being cleaned - husband went for a walk early most mornings and the pool area was a mass of cleaners - mopping and sweeping. Hotel, itself, the public areas were excellent - clean. All the staff were really polite and helpful.
Located right next to the beach and only about 20 mins walk from Flower street - the location was great - close enough to the lively part of Sunny Beach - but far enough away for the noise not to bother us.
Some smashing beach bars enroute to Flower Street - including Alibi and Fat Cat!
Animation team was excellent. Water gym - hysterical - most days there were between 30 and 40 in the pool (probably the most that I have ever known participate at any of our previous hotel destinations.) Volleyball -twice daily- on the beach was fab; highlight of the day was football with Misha - excellent fun and really competitive (filled an hour of my husband's day brilliantly.)
Both pools fabulous - pool bar area great too. Fab selection of ice-creams on sale.
Would definitely book again - infact have already looked for next year.

Room Tip: We booked with Thomson's and paid the extra for the sea view - but apparently you can just email...
4 Thank Leicfamily
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Quite a quality hotel for family's with a young children we came with a 14 year old and her mate so had to pay for two rooms. Couldn't fault the rooms large carpeted very good maid service. Hotel staff very friendly food good buffet always enough to fill up on, but this hotel is massive last time we were in a hotel so big was Vegas hotels good points
On the beach well 200m away
Friendly staff
Buffet ok to good
Rooms ok
Now for the bad parts
Toilets are a long walk from all bars
Not many English didn't speak to anyone all holiday more used to chic boutique hotels where we've met lots of people in the first hour
Animation team can't comment as we never saw any shows went out instead
BIGGEST COMPLAINT OF ALL NO FREE WIFI all the bars outside the hotel had it so after dinner everyone left personally I paid for it but wasn't willing to buy it the kids when free elsewhere and drinks are cheaper than hotel price hotel manager has made a serious slip up it doesn't cost anything if you already have it don't try and screw more money out of guests !!!
The resort
Sunny beach
One answer BENIDORM
Nessibar
Beautiful wonderful beyond belief a world heritage site fine seafood restaurants
Would we return maybe nessebar never sunny beach

Room Tip: Our room never got sun on balcony get in in centre of hotel
1 Thank leemings
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Good location right on the beach. Nice pool area (though crowded). The buffets were pretty good (I was wary at first but give them credit). My room had a great view but was sparse and didn't offer anything close to a luxury hotel in amenities and decor. I was here only for 2 nights and my room rate was very inexpensive compared to other resort destinations in Europe/America.

A few things made my stay more stressful than it should have been…

Taxi ride from the airport was outrageously expensive ($80-100 USD).

Wifi is a pay for a physical card with number model. Frustratingly it only worked for me in the lobby. No service in your rooms.

I made my reservation through Booking.com and it was full of problems (I couldn't readily find another web site to book through as the hotel doesn't do so themselves). First was I couldn't pay with a credit card, and had to make arrangements via Paypal (about 3 emails to various people representing the hotel). I was only staying 2 nights and I think anything less than a week is not a direct fit to their processes. I was a single, it booked me as a double (I pre-overpaid for meals and they couldn't give me a refund). The staff called my room 3 times the first day to clarify my reservations (all I wanted was to be left alone to enjoy my stay). Upon check out again a staff member couldn't understand what was in the computer for me, luckily I had all the printouts/confirmations from this ordeal and he said ok, THEN as if to want to embarrass me more they had the security guard stop my taxi at the gate to return to the front desk to question me further. Ridiculous.

I left feeling like I was going against the grain - if I'm not part of a big group tour with airport bus transport, staying for a week plus, booked through a vacation agency then they will try hard to make it a problem for you.

Overall this is supposed to be the best hotel in Sunny Beach but I didn't think it really lived up to the high bar and expectation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank bz007
Worcestershire
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just returned after 11 lovely days at this hotel

The transfer from the Airport is only 30 minutes, which is a blessing if your on a night flight. Check in was quick and stress free. The pool bar is 24 hours so if you fancy a drink before bed (if your not too tired) then its available at a cost of about £1.20 per pint. Just as cheap to get cash from Bulgaria - we found exchange to be about the same.

Rooms are comfortable, cleaned every day - we had a sea view which was great. No coffeee facilities in the rooms. TV channels not really catered for the British. However we took a HML Cable ( cost about £3.50) and watched full movies from youtube straight to the tv on the only wet day. Wifi is purchesed from reception was about £20 per week (approx) they give you a card with a password which you enter into your phone. Most beach bars etc have free wifi tho - just hand phone to the waitress and they will enter password for you,

Pools are lovely - feel cold at first but after 5 sec you realise its just because you were so hot on the sunbed., very clean too, im an early bird anyway so put my towels on just before breakfast at about 8, so i didnt have any problems. Towel exchange is at 4 by the pool everyday.

Hotel is spotless. Cleaners everywhere.

Service is of a very high standard, Maria who served us at the restaurant (outside) was an absolute diamond, I hope she gets the recognition she deserves as was unale to tip her on last day as she wasnt there. A massive thumbs up to you..

Food is of a typical good resort. Some strange combinations for breakfast, but if you travel abroad regularly you will be used to it. I am an avid vegetarian and always found something to eat. Vegetarian soup was on every day, then there was a range of salads, breads, friut etc.
You do have to pay for your drinks at dinner (we had two glasses white wine cost 10.60 lev which is about £3.00)

Hotel itself is located perfectly, A few bars right on your doorstep that are a little more chilled. Fiesta pizza bar next door is cheap for lunch. we had a couple pints (4 total), pizza and chips cost about £8. Fiesta beach bar over the road lovely to chill in the evening, looks out onto beach with sofas etc - and, really nice staff, we gave them 2 lev tips at the bars etc. The strip itself i found too commercial and chavv - but took a walk for a drink or so occasionally. TAKE MOSCUITO STUFF - we got a few massive bites - My face blew up like a balloon. Beach is lovely and directly over the road.

Cash point turn left at the pool exit and its 100ft at the Helena hotel - just literally in the wall on the road.

Nessebar absolutely charming little place for a day out- Get the bus there - only costs 1 lev, The Bus stop is just round the corner. We got a taxi boat back at 10 lev each (4) which was quicker. Drops you off on the main strip.

Lots of things going on for the kids, we didnt get involved in any animation stuff but the kids seemed to enjoy it, and i heard parents complimenting the staff.

My main negetive point was on the last day..... Whenever ive been abroad before i have been able to have or purchase an actual room to shower and change etc on departure for a small fee. The free courtesy room is a shower and changing room that is very small - Not a room. we had to use the room together - one in changing part one in shower with hand luggage and cases. You only have 30 minutes per family. You can purchase a room however we thought it was well over priced. So put you departure clothes in your hand luggage, the changing part is tiny. Also the luggage area isnt as secure as hotels ive previously stayed in. The reception give you the key to go in on your own, i actually had someone ask me for the key on the way back (on the instruction from reception) which i didnt do. There is a camera in there and a Hotel disclaimer - so its completely at your own risk.

Overall - LOVED the hotel, loved the friendly staff, loved the location, liked the food. Would i return? Yes, but i would sort my departure clothes etc out and put into my hand luggage getting rid of my only negetive comment..

Thankyou for a great Holiday Majestic....

Room Tip: Book a sea view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple