“Very good family hotel”

Ranked #1 of 220 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Very good family hotel”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We went with our 2 years old child and we had a nice and relaxing stay there.Everywhere was clean,the rooms were spacious and we had splendid sea view from the 10th floor.The staff was very polite and helpful. I'm grateful to them for finding my laptop in the lobby and keeping it save.The food was very tasteful and of a great variety.The pools were clean and there was animation all day long and in the evening,too.The beach is across the street.There were a lot of people from different nationalities and with children.Overall,we didn't have any problems with our stay there. However our friend had problem with the dress code - for dinner men cannot wear shorts and he didn't bring other than that.He couldn't enter the restaurant to take food and he was angry with that.So,have this in mind when going there!

Room Tip: the rooms with sea view are splendid although a little noisy because of the animation
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tanya A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel twice over past 2 months. Once for a sea-side weekend & second time just overnight. This is a typical place when you think of all stereotypes coming in mind about Holiday package deals for families. This is exactly what the most of public in this hotel is - Families with young kids ( mainly Germans, Scandinavians and Russians, plus a few British). Most of the families spends days by poolside or beach and so did we.

The hotel is located in excellent place right on the beach. It is further away from Sunny Beach party hot-spot, it is almost last on the strip, so you can enjoy more quieter and peaceful atmosphere, but if have desire, the whole noise is just 10-15 minutes walk away. It has from my opinion one of the nicest outdoor pool areas, where there are plenty of space for sun-loungers and beach is only 200 meters walk away. There is a pool bar also serving some sandwiches & snacks for food and they do Happy Hour from 3pm to 2am of serving 2 cocktails for ones price. In the evenings there are entertainment program at the bar, with some karaoke etc. There's also activities going on all day at the pool, such as water aerobics, some games and so on with promoter leading the show.

Rooms are ok space wise, but the interiors and overall condition looks and feels old, and out-of date, like from 90's TV shows. The bathrooms are not most comfortable (shower), but rooms are cleaned up and there are all basics to spend a night. I would not like to stay more than for weekend but for this purpose it's good specially due to mentioned great outside facilities. And as we spent most of our time outside the room it didn't bother us.

The other facilities on hotel looks much more modern and up-to-date. Staff is always helpful and polite and truly makes you feel good about being around. As we checked out on Sunday we wanted to stay for few more hours after 12 hours to sunbath on beach and they have Facility rooms with showers you can use in these occasions.

Breakfast is great with large selection of different omelettes, breads, sweets, fruits, cakes, salads, meets & cheeses. The only downside is for drinks - they only serve synthetic mixed juices and Nescaffe (there's also water & tea available).

They also have a small beauty saloon and I went to do my nails (here I got surprised that price girl charged me was double as I'm used to pay for mani, so don't recommend to use these services here as also the manicure wasn't the best I ever had)

We had a small incident the last day when laying by pool and 2 very self-confident pool guards asked us pretty rood & loud to show us our hotel keys - no hello, no excuse me, just walked by and half-shouted at us. It's good that hey are trying watching over the pool territory so that people from beach don't come it and disturb hotel guests, but they really should work on the way they talk to clients, or any people in general for that matter.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to pool and sea as it is stunning, also it gets noisy on street side. Would recomm...
1 Thank Gunda S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was an amazing place. My review is a bit different as I ended up going on this holiday with a broken leg so couldn't do as much as I would have liked.
The hotel staff were lovely, waiting staff second to none. There was always a really good choice of food. The entertainment was a bit random but they really tried.
The staff in the spa were fab - and treatments even more amazing - I would suggest them.
If you are a gym bunny like me - the gym could get busy esp if weather wasn't great - not many machines but all in good condition.
This is really close to the beach, and everything else is within walking distance but the hotel is nice and quiet.
The rooms are spacious and cleaned every day. My only moan is I didn't find the bed comfortable - but guess that's personal preference.
The cocktails are yummy and worked my way through the lot :-)
We are planning on taking my parents back here next year for my mums 60th and my dads retirement.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Faye W
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Just been to sunny beach 27July-4August the hotel was amazing. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was well coming and relaxing. It a hotel for relaxing and getting entertained daily. If you want to keep in shape whilst on holiday you have got the best hotel for exercise as you like.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Brouch P
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed in the Majestic Hotel a good 2 years ago now the last time I visited Sunny Beach. The rooms are lovely, probably the best you'll get in the area.
The pool area is something else though.
Absolutely breathtaking, you leave the hotel via the back entrance and walk down a grand staircase with views of the sea and beach which is just over the road from the end of the gardens and pools of the Majestic.
There's around 3/4 pools as far as I can remember, all of them with lovely deck chairs surrounding them which we always managed to use with great, big parasols.
There's a big bar right in the middle of the gardens, with a permanent wooden gazebo to offer shade. There's also lovely, big cushioned chairs on the tables for you to relax.
The beach is literally over the road. It's a lovely beach too, white sand and has a great snack bar which is a 2 minute walk from the hotel gardens entrance. This has the best pizza!!
I will most definately stay here again if I ever come back to Sunny Beach.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank browneyedowl
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We got this as a last minute booking for mid July, it is faultless, all the staff are friendly and helpful, the hotel is always perfectly clean no matter where abouts in it you are, the rooms are modern and well equipped with air con, fridge, tv etc etc, we had a cracking view over the pool and out to sea (the beach is literally across the road from the pool) The food is amazing, plenty of choices for all tastes and well presented in a clean and comfortable environment with very efficient waiters for drinks. Having never been to Bulgaria I would definitely go back and would stay here again, it is at the quiet end of Sunny Beach but there are plenty of bars within staggering distance, cracking roadside kebab stands & ice creams. Even the beach is clean and well kept and the sea was lovely, the Aquapark is a must, brilliant day out. All in it was absolutely perfect for us.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view, even though we were on the 9th floor the view was spot on, never heard any noise...
7 Thank 28Nick
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My girlfriend and I arrived back from here yesterday after staying a week at half board. My girlfriend already knew what the place had to offer after staying last year with a friend, and she said I wouldn't be disappointed - she was right! We didn't have a great view to be honest, our balcony overlooked the Poseidon Hotel across the road, but this wasn't a problem, the room itself was fine and the bed was comfortable and the air con a welcome relief from the heat.

The food was great! I saw a few reviews claiming a lack of choice and/or not much healthy options, I disagree, there is something for everyone, at breakfast and dinner, so whether you fancy a binge or are trying to keep to a strict diet, you'll be catered for. If I had one small complaint about the dining experience, it would be breakfast. It is mildly chaotic in the morning, some days worse than others, some mornings I even contemplated walking out again rather than joining the scrum, but you get used to it. Just. Dinner isn't so bad as they do it in two sittings, so it isn't so busy at one time. It might be worth doing something like that at breakfast maybe. One night a week you are entitled to visit the Bulgari restaurant in the hotel for free, the night I went there was hardly any other guests in there, which I didn't understand at all after finishing eating there. The food quality and presentation is excellent, and as I say it is included in the price, but I'd pay to eat there no question.

The animation team are very nice, they will keep your kids entertained while you relax by the pool, and will come and chat to you whenever they can, although they are small in number compared to the number of guests at the hotel, they could probably do with a little help to be fair. They are all very sweet, but if we had to pick favourites we'd probably go for Misho and Lilly. The shows at night aren't great, but they do their best! The reception staff are very helpful and pleasant, the staff in the dining hall are also fine despite some of the critical reviews I've seen on here. They're very busy, but they're very efficient and still smile at you when they see you. The hotel also has a very nice spa where you can have almost any kind of treatment going, I went for a basic Swedish massage which was very nice.

Thomson have this down as a great place for couples, and it is, but just be aware, there are a lot of families there, more so than couples, so it won't quite be as peaceful as a couples only resort, but they do have two pools and most of the kids will be in the one where the animation team do most of their activities. This hotel is in a quieter location in Sunny Beach, but if you want a lively night scene it's a nice 30 minute walk down the beach to where all the serious party animals are. We went on Thomson's Mexican night at Mamacita's which is in the centre of it all and went on the bar crawl afterwards. I recommend this, the food is really nice and Becky (the Thomson rep at the hotel) and Josh (another Thomson rep) were great hosts for the evening, they also help to 'police' the bar crawl afterwards. I'm only 33, so hardly old, but I got fed up of this after the first bar! We were part of a bar crawl of about 250 people, and were herded in and out of places while the reps did their best to keep everyone together. I just like a chilled out drink with music playing in the background now, but this was for younger people who really just wanted to get hammered and pull to be honest, so after the first bar we made our way back towards the bars alongside the beach. So, go for the Mexican by all means, but if you're over 25 I'd probably give the bar crawl a miss!

I'll definitely be coming back here, Sunny Beach and it's locals really are warm and welcoming and they all speak pretty good English, but try to learn to say thank you and hello in Bulgarian, I did and they seemed to appreciate the effort. The main strip along the beach is full of touts trying to get you to go in the various bars and restaurants, but even they're lovely and not at all pushy. Our favourite bar was Coco Beach, the cocktails are amazing and the staff really look after you. I miss it already, but I over indulged with the limitless supply of cheap food and drink Sunny Beach has to offer, so I need to get back on the treadmill!

Room Tip: If you want a nice view, pay a little more for a sea view room. We didn't but the view from the...
7 Thank Aaron B