Having just read the previous review, I wonder whether this was the same hotel!
We had booked with Travel Republic and were paying £24 a day half board. What a delight!
We arrived at 2 in the morning and found a plated meal and coffee waiting. My room (a twin room for single occupancy) was huge, clean, modern, with a balcony overlooking the main pool and down to the beach and the Black Sea.
The hotel has 2 outdoor unheated pools and an indoor heated pool, gym, sauna, spa etc. Treatments in the spa range from £15 up to £45 for a hot stone massage.
The restaurant offers buffet breakfast and dinner. Chefs are on hand to cook eggs to order at breakfast and meat dishes at dinner. There is a huge selection of fruits, cereals, cold meats and cheeses, breads, full English etc for breakfast.
Dinner always had soups, interesting salads, a wide selection of meats and fish and a sweet selection to keep everyone happy.
There was a barbecue at weekends and 2 theme nights. we had a Greek evening with ouzo, moussaka, stuffed vine leaves, olives etc and an Italian night. This was in addition to the full menu.
Free wifi is available in the lounge and there is a team of activity leaders if you want to take part in community keep fit, beach volleyball, boules etc.
The gated complex is a 30 minute stroll from the town centre of Sunny Beach and there is no traffic and is very quiet at night.
A very relaxing week with warm and friendly staff, excellent food and efficient service.
Just don't change your money in the hotel as they offer a very poor exchange rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the Sunny Beach resort area on the Black Sea. 3 to 7-story building and garden villas. Situated directly on the beach. Sun loungers and parasols on the beach (additional charge). In a 14,500 m2 garden together with the Riu Helena Park Hotel. 2.5 km from the centre of Sunny Beach. 28 km from Burgas airport. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your Helena Sands Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Helena Sands Hotel
- Helena Sands Hotel Bulgaria/Sunny Beach