Barcelo Royal Beach
Helena Sands Hotel(Sunny Beach)
US$121
Laguna Park Hotel(Sunny Beach)
US$101
US$98
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Sunny Holiday Aparthotel(Sunny Beach)(Great Value!)
US$28
US$27
  • Pool
Hotel Atol(Sunny Beach)(Great Value!)
US$25
US$24
Trakia Garden Hotel(Sunny Beach)
US$42
US$41
  • Breakfast included
US$144
US$107
  • Pool
Family Hotel Romantic(Sunny Beach)(Great Value!)
US$22
US$71
  • Beachfront
US$59
  • Restaurant
US$109
US$99
1,085 results
All reviewsa la carte restaurantresidential suitepool barself cateringlovely hotelpool viewroom cleaningall inclusive guestsplenty of sunbedsall inclusive packagereception staffclean towelskids clublocal beerentertainment teamgreat holidaylarge pool
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Brilliant week in the Barceló, first week of August. Staff lovely, Carl in the lobby bat a star. Recommend a meal in the a la carte was a perfect end to our holiday.
Yes, the pool toilets are a little shabby for a 5 star but we couldn't really fault anything else. Our room was clean and the maid did a fantastic job, the beds are very soft and I think are in need of replacing or at least the mattresses turning! the only fault with the room. A lovely touch when we arrived at 5am was a tray of cheese, bread and salad to eat.
Watch out for the spa, it's not owned by the hotel so it hasn't effected my holiday rating, we had great treatments, the partner 2 massages and me a pedicure but for some reason we were both told our credit cards weren't accepted. We both think it is a ruse to get cash payments as our cards worked fine. The lady patrolling the pool is persistent but she soon gives up, just don't invite her or let her sit down!
The food in the buffet restaurant was always fresh and well cooked a good selection of fruit and vegetables at all meal times. Fish on offer well worth a try as delicious.
We checked out at midday but our flight wasn't till 4am the following morning. We didn't' bother with extending our room just lazed by the pool then booked the free courtesy room for 7pm, had dinner in the a la carte then crashed on the comfy sofas in the lobby. Our all inclusive was still valid (We travelled with First Choice) and there was no extra charge, though to extend it is only 15 euros per person which I really think is a bargain.
Would recommend and definitely stay again, the best hotel in Central Sunny Beach

Room Tip: You will never get a clear sea view unless you get the 8th floor, we were on the 6th so was partial but to be honest we were glad this hotel is not on the sea front, the noise from the bars would have been unbearable!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SLowe2014
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel was amazing!!!
Martin was amazing!!! :)
And all staff!!!!!!!!!! :)
I will recommend the hotel barcelo me and of the families had a fun vacation and get back again :)
This canopy we had best!

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank idan46
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Accommodation - Amazingly luxurious rooms with more space than any other hotel I've stayed in overseas. The quality of the bathroom was also exceptional and they were all very modern with décor - 5/5

Food - Amazing choice of food so there would always be more than 2 or 3 dish's on offer each night to please people and if your all inclusive, you will not be disappointed with any of the meals. Brekky, lunch and dinner all offered very good spreads

Entertainment - Mention to Kilan (I think correct spelling) who was a very good host throughout the week. Great banter and made us feel welcome whilst also ensuring we were involved in water polo most days. Waterpolo, table tennis, water volleyball and aerobics sessions ensured everyone was busy through the day and the evening shows were pretty good but mainly focussed on children.

Live piano/saxophone most evenings which ensured everyone had a very relaxing evening.

Location - Within 2 minutes of the beach and entertainment so couldn't ask to be better placed

Sunnybeach resort - Offers great variation for people of all ages. Beach inflatable assault courses, numerous fair rides and sling shots to standard watersports like jetsko or pedlo. The strip was really busy every night but nothing like we have experienced in places like Malia, Magaluf etc... Has numerous clubs and bars but the fact it isn't quite as crazy makes it an amazing resort for people of all ages.

We are a couple of 24 and 28yrs old so loved it.

Price - Barceló was one of the most expensive hotels in sunnybeach but in terms of value, it was definitely well worth the price. You could definitely find cheaper hotels to do a good job but if you want a bit more class then this is well worth going to. The price of food/drink outside of the hotel was dirt cheap so it was actually a struggle to spend all of our money which makes a nice change to budgeting euro's in Greece/spain.

If you have a Metro Bank account it is free to withdraw cash from ATM's and you will get an extra 5% per transaction - if you don't the exchange rate is still strong.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view - can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank James B
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel very cozy, the personnel works quickly and qualitatively, animators the most benevolent and responsible.The hotel is provided both for rest, and for entertainments on any age of guests. The hotel to be near the sea, and also in the center. If you decide here to have a rest, you receive a comfort maximum, it is a lot of remarkable impressions.

Room Tip: it doesn't matter
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Grieti n
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was our 4th stay in this hotel - I think its perhaps gone down a little in its customer service - but it is still excellent. We were self catering in a 2 bedroom apartment.

The rooms are cleaned every day and are very modern and spacious.

The pool area is fantastic - the best and biggest that I've seen in Sunny Beach. You do still need to get up early to get a good spot by the pool though. I didn't partake in much of the entertainment activities - but from what I could see they were very friendly and well organised.

The food and drinks are a little more expensive than the surrounding restaurants - but the quality doesn't compare. I was self catering - so didn't try the buffet restaurant.

The reasons I wasn't happy:
On our previous stays - the barmen would wander around the pool area taking orders for drinks and food, not this time - a bit of a pain but not a major issue.
One night we turned up at the A La Carte restaurant looking for a table, we were looked up and down and then told no, the restaurant was full. There was plenty of tables empty. We were told we could have a table the next night. We said no thanks and walked away, because I felt that I wasn't welcome there. I think they realised how annoyed I was because they came running after me and said that I could have a table for later on that night. I took the table and enjoyed a magnificent meal - so it turned out well in the end.
The ladies toilets in the reception area are a bit disgusting, and the Wifi is fierce slow!

But don't let these small issues put you off. Hopefully I will be back next year!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family