“Good for families”

Ranked #12 of 221 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good for families”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

First time we have stayed here after staying a various other establishments in sunny beach.
We stayed in the privately owned apartments on the complex but had the barcelo experience first hand. This place is stunning to look at and is very well run and the managers are often seen walking the grounds talking and interacting with guests which we thought was a very nice touch.
The room we stayed is was very nice and had everything we needed for a good stay and the pools were the by far the best in sunny beach.the animation team were fantastic with our 20 month year old so and his friends and he loved the 2000hrs mini disco with gabbi and the gang. My only criticism about the animation team was that the shows that were on after the mini disco were very poor in comparison to barcelo shows I have been too in Mexico cancun and would not watch if advised only if you fancy a giggle.
My other reservations were that the basement flooded and people were dumping rubbish outside the ground floor making a very unpleasant smell for our last two days. The drinks at the bar are stupidly priced as the pub ( red lion) next door were half the price as on the complex for example 3 lev for half a pint complex same for a coke. 3 lev for a pint 2 lev for a coke 20 yard walk a no brainer for me really.
Other stupidity priced things the gym 25 lev a day to use never going to pay that and car parking 20 lev a day which I think should be free for all guests. Our wifi broke whilst away and the front desk wanted us to pay 25 lev charge for a call out for the technician which I refused to pay and contacted owner to sort problem.
All the above said we would definitely stay again as the pools and the animation team ( for kids) was amazing

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gaz M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Verry nice place to spend the holydays, lots of places to make party and verry nice food and personal (most of all the animator kalim todorov) in the hotel, there is only the wlan who wasnt perfect, there is a verry big and clean pool i had never seen before it was amazing

• Stayed August 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Brilliant week in the Barceló, first week of August. Staff lovely, Carl in the lobby bat a star. Recommend a meal in the a la carte was a perfect end to our holiday.
Yes, the pool toilets are a little shabby for a 5 star but we couldn't really fault anything else. Our room was clean and the maid did a fantastic job, the beds are very soft and I think are in need of replacing or at least the mattresses turning! the only fault with the room. A lovely touch when we arrived at 5am was a tray of cheese, bread and salad to eat.
Watch out for the spa, it's not owned by the hotel so it hasn't effected my holiday rating, we had great treatments, the partner 2 massages and me a pedicure but for some reason we were both told our credit cards weren't accepted. We both think it is a ruse to get cash payments as our cards worked fine. The lady patrolling the pool is persistent but she soon gives up, just don't invite her or let her sit down!
The food in the buffet restaurant was always fresh and well cooked a good selection of fruit and vegetables at all meal times. Fish on offer well worth a try as delicious.
We checked out at midday but our flight wasn't till 4am the following morning. We didn't' bother with extending our room just lazed by the pool then booked the free courtesy room for 7pm, had dinner in the a la carte then crashed on the comfy sofas in the lobby. Our all inclusive was still valid (We travelled with First Choice) and there was no extra charge, though to extend it is only 15 euros per person which I really think is a bargain.
Would recommend and definitely stay again, the best hotel in Central Sunny Beach

Room Tip: You will never get a clear sea view unless you get the 8th floor, we were on the 6th so was partial...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SLowe2014
Rehovoth, HaMerkaz, Israel

The hotel was amazing!!!
Martin was amazing!!! :)
And all staff!!!!!!!!!! :)
I will recommend the hotel barcelo me and of the families had a fun vacation and get back again :)
This canopy we had best!

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank idan46
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Accommodation - Amazingly luxurious rooms with more space than any other hotel I've stayed in overseas. The quality of the bathroom was also exceptional and they were all very modern with décor - 5/5

Food - Amazing choice of food so there would always be more than 2 or 3 dish's on offer each night to please people and if your all inclusive, you will not be disappointed with any of the meals. Brekky, lunch and dinner all offered very good spreads

Entertainment - Mention to Kilan (I think correct spelling) who was a very good host throughout the week. Great banter and made us feel welcome whilst also ensuring we were involved in water polo most days. Waterpolo, table tennis, water volleyball and aerobics sessions ensured everyone was busy through the day and the evening shows were pretty good but mainly focussed on children.

Live piano/saxophone most evenings which ensured everyone had a very relaxing evening.

Location - Within 2 minutes of the beach and entertainment so couldn't ask to be better placed

Sunnybeach resort - Offers great variation for people of all ages. Beach inflatable assault courses, numerous fair rides and sling shots to standard watersports like jetsko or pedlo. The strip was really busy every night but nothing like we have experienced in places like Malia, Magaluf etc... Has numerous clubs and bars but the fact it isn't quite as crazy makes it an amazing resort for people of all ages.

We are a couple of 24 and 28yrs old so loved it.

Price - Barceló was one of the most expensive hotels in sunnybeach but in terms of value, it was definitely well worth the price. You could definitely find cheaper hotels to do a good job but if you want a bit more class then this is well worth going to. The price of food/drink outside of the hotel was dirt cheap so it was actually a struggle to spend all of our money which makes a nice change to budgeting euro's in Greece/spain.

If you have a Metro Bank account it is free to withdraw cash from ATM's and you will get an extra 5% per transaction - if you don't the exchange rate is still strong.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view - can't go wrong.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank James B
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel very cozy, the personnel works quickly and qualitatively, animators the most benevolent and responsible.The hotel is provided both for rest, and for entertainments on any age of guests. The hotel to be near the sea, and also in the center. If you decide here to have a rest, you receive a comfort maximum, it is a lot of remarkable impressions.

Room Tip: it doesn't matter
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Grieti n
mullingar
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was our 4th stay in this hotel - I think its perhaps gone down a little in its customer service - but it is still excellent. We were self catering in a 2 bedroom apartment.

The rooms are cleaned every day and are very modern and spacious.

The pool area is fantastic - the best and biggest that I've seen in Sunny Beach. You do still need to get up early to get a good spot by the pool though. I didn't partake in much of the entertainment activities - but from what I could see they were very friendly and well organised.

The food and drinks are a little more expensive than the surrounding restaurants - but the quality doesn't compare. I was self catering - so didn't try the buffet restaurant.

The reasons I wasn't happy:
On our previous stays - the barmen would wander around the pool area taking orders for drinks and food, not this time - a bit of a pain but not a major issue.
One night we turned up at the A La Carte restaurant looking for a table, we were looked up and down and then told no, the restaurant was full. There was plenty of tables empty. We were told we could have a table the next night. We said no thanks and walked away, because I felt that I wasn't welcome there. I think they realised how annoyed I was because they came running after me and said that I could have a table for later on that night. I took the table and enjoyed a magnificent meal - so it turned out well in the end.
The ladies toilets in the reception area are a bit disgusting, and the Wifi is fierce slow!

But don't let these small issues put you off. Hopefully I will be back next year!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,266 reviews
Sol Nessebar Bay
Sol Nessebar Bay
#3 of 35 in Nessebar

Been to Barcelo Royal Beach? Share your experiences!