“Great vacation!”

Park Hotel Golden Beach
Ranked #34 of 111 Hotels in Golden Sands
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I have been to Golden Beach in August 2012 and due to the fact that I've read the reviews before my vacation, I felt obliged to post my opinion. Well, first of all, you have to know that this hotel will not offer you luxury, but cleanliness and good quality service.
What I didn't like is that we arrived at 7 a.m, but the check-in was at 2 p.m, so we had to stay at the lobby, hungry and tired, but we knew that's the rule and this is not the hotel's fault. Another disatvantage is the extra-cost Internet, which was a surprise. Nevertheless, the guys at the reception were so kind to offer us the password and log-in to the Internet for that day, so that the time spent in the lobby, waiting the check-in to be less uncomfortable. Also, there was a very nice bartender, Georgi.
The room was very clean and cozy. The maids cleaned it up on a daily basis and were also very nice, always smiling and made themselves invisible if we were in the room.
The food was another thing that I enjoyed. We had it plenty and diversified. I am a healthy food follower, so the variety of salads, vegetables and chicken meat were my choise. Also, there were lots of fruits, but be careful, they don't wash them. We took some in our room and washed them there.
Some say the stairs you have to scale for getting to the hotel are tiresome, but they were not a problem for me, who wanted some exercise and they are not many at all.
A drawback for me, as I am 23, was that the hotel was full of families with children, who were pretty noisy. The pool is not big, but I haven't used it, because I came there to enjoy the sea and not the pool water.
As a conclusion, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was located at the park/parking side, which I was pleased with, because the one with the se...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mariana B
There are newer reviews for Park Hotel Golden Beach

Reviewed 21 August 2012

We just had a 7 nights holiday on this hotel... far from been a 4 star!

On arrival, we check in and requested beach towels (deposit for it was $50) and they brought us with over run, ready to trow away "towels". we been given room 923 with a dreadful toilet odour, we mentioned to the reception but the odour was there for the entire stay.

The worse, with no doubts was the food. it seems to me that they have cook books for potatoes, yes, some time in the buffet you will find 3 o 4 different types of potatoes, french fries, potato cakes, boil potatoes, roasted potatoes... if you lucky, you might get a meat, but once is gone, It is gone!

breakfast was again full of fillers, on the buffet line they had scramble eggs,some sort of "sausage" (if you can call it like that!) with about 95% fat and 5% of some unknown meat... good luck eating that!, diners were not far from this experience, they will run out of soup and that's it, once is gone is gone...

They had 2 bread toasters, I am sure they are very valuable, in a museum, but not in a 4 star hotel...

Ice on your drinks was a luxury as the employees told us the machine is broke... for 7 nights...

they offered a cold and hot snacks by the pool bar... that was a real joke! some sort of pizza bread with ketchup and some limited cheese, that was all the hot snacks... for the cold, yes, rarely bananas, pears...

If you would like to loose some kilos, without paying for expensive treatments, or if you like potatoes, mooring lunch and diner this is the place to go!

We mentioned to the Management, but she seems to be not worried at all. clearly the hotel been manage to rip off people expecting to get a proper 4 star service, and food, instead we got a below 2 star product.

We must said that we had some nice experience with Vesko and Renny waiters also the pool bar staff. sadly the night bartender at the lobby was very rude and nasty when asking for hot milk for my baby.

I will NOT recommend to waste your money going to this place... also will like to mention the many safety liabilities in the hotel, from the elevators to sharp metals by the swimming pool.

I am a seasonal traveller and I never felt so riped off with false expectations like in this hotel.

Mario Alberto

Room Tip: do not choose 923! smells like urine!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MarioAlbertoG1373
Reviewed 24 July 2012

It is definitely not a 4 star hotel. Most of the rooms have little or none air condition....you will think that in the middle of summer with 40 degree Celsius a room with air condition will be a normal expectation , in special that they rate themselves as a 4 Star. We try to communicate with the manager of the hotel Elena Toneva , a horrible and rude person that dismiss us, is not her problem she said. They charge extra for safe ,beach chairs,Internet .....a 4 star should have them included. Not sure how they was able to achieve that 4 star and also I think that the authorities that handle and verify this hotel was blind. Both indoor and outdoor pools too smal for the hotel capacity, not to mention the hundred of stairs that you have to climb up and down to get to the beach.
The management very poor and the people hired in that position are very rude and ignorant, will be surprised if they finished the high school.
Will never return in that place, I strongly recommend not to stay at this hotel if you wish to have at least a decent holiday.

Room Tip: If you wish to have a decent holiday just don't go to Golden Beach Park Hotel in Bulgaria. It is...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lumiteo
Reviewed 6 July 2012

It is clearly not a 4 star hotel, not by the European regulation anyway. Most of the staff members are ignorant (reception mostly); the receptionist was staring at us like we were aliens when we try to communicate with her in English, she only knew her on language (Bulgarian), i suppose, and maybe some German. The restaurant is a 3 star but i am not sure if that is a fare ranking. The outside pool is very little for all the capacity of the hotel, and the indoor one (same size) had a freezing water in the middle of June. The beach is 200 m away but they do not mention that there are 150 stairs that you have to descend and then climb back again. For a 4 star hotel they ask extra money for internet, extra for the safe, things which a 4 star hotel should offer for free. At 9:00pm a kids show started at the pool (in German obvious) and they keep screaming in the microphone until 12:00pm, not very pleasant if you would like to fall asleep.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alyna_Kytty
Reviewed 31 January 2011

because not recommend what should be a holiday best, this hotel is bad: the food, the beach, the weather! 4 * hotel is a restaurant in this hotel is 3 * (but nowhere did not write about it.) If you come for breakfast, lunch or dinner 5 minutes after the waitress will bring you can forget about the hot meal is brought in because it is summer. The beach is 400m and the stairs, older people may have a problem with that. The beach chairs paid, very dirty. Overall for this price I would not recommend.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank szczepan-1
Reviewed 27 September 2010

It is a nice hotel, it has both indoors and outdoors pools, good location, safe parking (with guards and barrier at the entrance) but I too expensive (10 levas - aprox 5 eur per day), and you do not have many options to leave your car outside the paid parking.
It is an AI type hotel, the food is good, they change the options of menu from one day to another, if you are not among the first to eat, you still find food at the buffet.
The rooms are clean, and they come and clean them on a daily basis, even if they do it pretty superficial.
The beach is pretty close, just that there are many stairs that you need to climb getting back to the hotel from the beach.
All in all it was a pleasant experience, but not sure if we would go back, would like to see other places and hotels as well.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CarolinaRubio
Reviewed 17 June 2010

I stayed at this hotel for Easter with my wife and our families.

There were a lot of things I liked about the hotel, but also some things I didn’t like.

What I liked:
- Clean large rooms, tastefully furnished,. large bathrooms with bathtubs
- Excellent food and drinks (we had all inclusive). All meals were buffet with a selection of food and drinks of very good quality, from main courses to desert and the excellent local beer and wine
- nice indoor swimming pool
- Incredible value for money! For EUR50 a double room per night, all inclusive basis (Easter offer), it would have been more expensive to stay at home for Easter.

What I disliked:
- Paid parking EUR5 per day, very rude parking guards who didn’t do their job. They let another car block 4 cars including mine, and when we confronted them they lifted their shoulders, saying that they cannot do anything about it. They sent me to the reception, but they couldn’t do anything about it either. We had to push that car in order to get mine out. After that I parked my car elsewhere for the rest of the stay.
- The air conditioning system in our room wasn’t powerful enough to heat our room (it was cold in April). Other rooms were better heated, but ours was on the corner of the hotel and the warm air in the central air conditioning system probably didn’t reach it. After insisting for 3 or 4 times they were able to provide us with a mobile heater.
- On the first night of our stay the power supply fell down and was only fixed about a half hour later. But it is probably because the hotel was full.

Overall I WOULD recommend this hotel to others, BUT only in summer time, and only if they get a good offer on the price.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family