“Good basic hotel”

Ranked #28 of 110 Hotels in Golden Sands
Kankaanpaa, Finland
“Good basic hotel”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The hotel was a good experience for us. We had a week holiday in the summer of 2013. The hotel is not a five-star hotel, but adequate for us. The room would have wanted a small renovation but the room was cleaned on a daily basis, however. Breakfast was good. The hotel's location was excellent. I can recommend this hotel if you do not expect luxury.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Antti S

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Oulu, Finland
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I had very bad experience. I loaned a hairdryider for a one day. I returned it back to the reception on the very next day. When I was leaving the hotel they showed me empty box missing the hairdryier and wanted me to pay the hairdryider. They said that I have not returned it back! I did that but I was so stupid that I did not ask any receipt ! I was travelling with my husband and son...I did not count amount of towels but when I was leaving they told me that one big towel was missing and they wanted me to pay 25 lev for that. Count everything they give you and if you loan anything be sure, that you get a receipt that you have returned the item you have loaned.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Marjattta S
Bucharest
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I staid in this hotel in September. It was crowded but in a decent manner. in is in the second line of hotels, from the beach. the staff is not very friendley. I had to wait a long time for the personal, from the hotel's restaurant to give back the change(probably wanted a larger tip). the swimming pool is ok, small but alright. I has also a small pool for the childrens. good location of the hotel.
Also we had a very consistent breakfest.
I recomand that if you want to goo on vacantion to book for a travel agency. the rates at the hotel are pretty hy.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jamesbond2013
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 21 September 2012

The week 10 - 16 Sept 2012 spent in Erma hotel was a very nice surprise: clean room, sea view, fresh delicious food at buffet half-board and especially polite friendly staff !
I won't hesitate to go again.
The hotel is placed right in the middle of the resort; there is a 24/7 shop next to the lobby where one can get excellent wines, water, cosmetics, etc.
For Romanian tourists arriving by bus: it's 15 min. walk from the bus stop at Melia-Hermitage hotel or 5 min. by taxi (about 5 - 10 leva).
Pay attention to the exchange offices on the promenade: they don't display current rates properly (sell vs. buy), so one might be tricked and loose an average of 6 - 7 euro.
Wishing everyone great holidays,
doinita barsan

Room Tip: sea view from eastern side above 4th floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Doinita B
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We were in hotel Erma in September 2011 and were really happy with our choice.
The location of the hotel is perfect - right in the center of Golden Sands just some 300m from the amazing beach and even shorter way to the shops and restaurants. Despite the location the hotel is not noisy and offers a good sleep to it's guests.
Rooms were nice, clean, air-conditioned and spacious. Cleaning worked well and we even got flowers and cute towel-made-animals a couple of times during our stay!
We had two different rooms, first room 609 and then 640. The second room was in the newer part of the hotel and was a bit better (more spacious both the room, bathroom and the balcony) just the sea was a bit less visible from it - but the panorama view over the Golden Sands was great anyways.
The breakfasts that were included in the room price had lots of things to choose from. There were always tasty fresh fruits, cheese, vegetables, hot meals and desserts available. Also the usual serials, yogurt, juices and coffee/tea was there and the positive and happy service worked well.
The hotel staff was friendly and professional, nothing bad to say about them.
We didn't try the hotel bars and restaurant so I cannot really rate them, but there are many great dining places near so I'm sure everybody will find something for themselves!
We also didn't try out the hotel pools, but they seemed nice and clean every time we went by them to the beach.
Defiantly a hotel worth trying!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the sea on upper floors (5-6th) have magnicent views over Golden Sands and are definatl...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank Saippuakupla
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Very cheap and nice place to stay. We were there in september 2009 making the reservation by email.
Very good food (buffet), staff service. Also is 2 minutes from the main beach.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank Spadan
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 9 September 2010

There where negative and positive things about this hotel.
the negative things where definitly the unfriendly staff, they never smiled, they never said hello. they just looked at us in a unfriendly way, almost at the point of starring.
we even had an experience where the staff laughted at us. there was just one friendly guy at the hole hotell, and that was the bartender at 4th floor. besides that, the rest made us feel un welcome.
the positive sides, the cleaning was ok, some of us where more lucky than others. the location was good. the hygiene at the hotell was good. the pool was clean and nice. i liked the music they played in the lobby, with was a place with good athmosphare.
this hotel is good for all sorts of people, not to crazy for the olders, but at the same time, good fun for the young (18-25).. also short way to casinos, shopping, nightclubs and carusselles.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends