“Very good hotel”

lti Dolce Vita Hotel
Ranked #17 of 110 Hotels in Golden Sands
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We have changed our booking because the hotel we chose provided very bad services and we chose RIU. It was an excellent choice because the hotel is very good, with very good services, food, environment, pool and room.
What I would recommend, if you don't find the hotel available on booking, call to the reception, they may have available rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Roxana023

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

First time in Bulgaria and would definitely stay here again. Good location, about 200 mtrs through wooded area to the beach and just a short stroll to the start of the tourist strand in Golden Sands. Good sized, nicely decorated rooms which were cleaned every day. Two large well maintained pool areas with plenty of sun beds and clean towels supplied as required. The added greenery in this area is a nice touch and the well maintained planted areas and fountains provide a classy exterior to this hotel. It was noticable that cleaning was ongoing throughout the day in all areas. There was a wide variety of good quality food at all meals and whilst there was obviously some recycling, this was to be expected in an all inclusive hotel. The main restaurant had a conservatory type roof and didnt appear to be air conditioned so it was quite warm in there unless you managed to get a table by the opened windows. We mainly sat in the area close to the buffet which was air conditioned.
Most of the staff were very friendly and in particular, Vladi and the animation team were excellent. As well as organising the evening entertainment, they arranged some poolside games which weren't over the top or noisy, thus allowing plenty of relaxation time.
One suggestion to the hotel would be to have some maps, information leaflets or excursion ideas available for those customers who don't have a holiday rep.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Mike186442
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I was for the first time in Golden Sands, for 3 nights, in may, including Easter days. I found the hotel very good situated in an intimate courtyard, with a nice garden and pretty big pools. The rooms are big and nice decorated, modern and clean, with nice balcony. Another big plus was the bar, actualy three bars, with a good selection of drinks and the barmen very efficient and always smiling.
However there were a few negative aspects. I was disappointed by the food, big variety but pretty poor quality, nothing specific for Eastern. I also found the ladies from reception inefficient and yet pretty arogant.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Craiova, Romania
Reviewed 7 May 2013

First of all I will mention that is my 7'th vacation on bulgarian seaside (6 of it's on 4 stars and one on 5 stars), but it's the very first time when I struggled to feed the children. All 3 meals contains pastas (about 30% of all food). Cheap sausage on the morning, a lot of frozen vegetables, only minced meat at lunch, enveloped soups , cheap sweets (and poor assortment too).
Cleaning room only 1 time in 6 days, although we put the sign on the door 3 days in a row. They come to clean the room one day at 2 o'clock PM when the kids were sleeping, so we had to refuse.
There was good points, also. Animation team very good, drinks ok, location excellent, free parking, outside pool very clean and heated (about 23 deg. Celsius in May).

Room Tip: Last floor A/C struggling to maintain temperature IN MAY!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank gabriescu
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Hello everybody
This year I spent my holiday at Riu Dolce Vita beetween 25th of August - 1st of September .
I am a constant customer of Riu Hotels , but this year , I had my first negative experience with this brand.It is the second consecutive year when I spent the holiday at the Riu Dolce Vita and I was surprised by the negative evolution of the services at this hotel.
I do not want to bore you too much with the description of conditions, I am going only to point out the issues that have been modified since last year.
Negative evolution:
- Cleaning in the room-disaster ... it is unacceptable that at a 4 star hotel , during a holiday of 7 nights , do not clean more than once , after 4-days staying and at our specific request submited at the reception.
Although I was careful to leave everyday on the door the green card "please make up my room", I was ignored with nonchalance, moreover, on the fifth day , the card was taken from the door and it has not appeared at all.
The cherry on the cake was put on the last day ... We have choosen to empty our room early in the morning around 9 o'clock, leaving only a bag of food for the road: sweets for child, sticks, chips, soda, juice, fruits ... all bought by us from the hotel supermarket (not taken from the restaurant as I have seen that others have done ), all packaged and unopened, stored in a bag in the fridge.At 11.50, I walked upstairs to take this last bag, but the card was already blocked (although check-out is at 12). Finally, we have unlocked the card at the reception and we could enter the room but surprise ... the bag was no longer in the fridge. The room-maid ignored the red card "Do not disturb" that we had left on the door, entered the room, took the bag and left ... no way to clean !
It has followed my official complaint at the reception, investigation, embarrassing situations with respective room maid showing us the garbage in order to identify the missing products and a huge disgust.
I noticed the same indolence at the employees from the pool aria ... I once asked for help to close an umbrella and they passed me from one to another, motivating that it's not their job to do that I I sould go to the lifeguard to ask him to help me! ! They were busy with a facial massage performed by a girl from the Spa Center.
At the same chapter "disappointing staff" , I mention Alex, head of entertainment team ... I know him for 2 years from Sunny Beach and I had a good impression so far. This year I found a changed Alex, self-satisfied and arrogant , without a trace of interest for the entertainment of the tourists but only for his benefit , as a result, the entertainment was very poor, artistic programs without salt and pepper ... without a bit of liveliness. Moreover, I was surprised that he has actually allowed hiself to yell at each tourist who does not listen to his instructions ... ugly.
In order not to be unfair with all the team, I want to mention Itzo, another member of entertainment team who I know for 3 years and who was very friendly and kind and who has done a very good work and had a proper attitude towards the tourists.
I do not want to mean that all staff have behavior problems ... those mentioned by me are negative exceptions, otherwise, staff was ok and I have to praise up the bartenders who have hardly worked all day long and still could find resources to dance beside the tourists at the closing time. A big BRAVO for them !
-Another chapter that has fallen this year is gastronomy. Food of poor quality, many frozen products , cheese made by vegetal fat, fish - pangasus (salmon and mackerel only once at the dinner), vegetables recycled from a meal to another, such as corn and tomatoes smelled and tasted horrible sour at dinner , sweets and ice cream- awful, etc.. It is the only holiday when I managed to lose 1.5 Kgs!
- Parking: RIU Dolce Vita is the only one RIU Hotel from Bulgaria which has paid parking ( all Bulgarian Riu Hotels have free parking )... 10 Lv/ day for an unguarded parking seems to be a bit expensive!
However, there were pluses too...the hotel courtyard setting with those fountains and lights, benches and trees on the central alley , gave a particular beauty to the outdoor area of ​​the hotel.
In conclusion ... I will avoid to recommend this hotel to other people from now on.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank gattasalvaje
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Very good service. In resturants always be able to find something tasty for me. New rooms with great sea view. In evening at the hotel are quiet, it is a bit away from the center of Golden Sands, but it is good if you want quiet relaxation. The sea is 200-300m, if the hotel be closer to the sea it could be five stars because everything fits to five stars. I am well rested and thing again next year to go.

Room Tip: sea view from 7 floor started
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank NauryRiga_Latvia
Tehran
Reviewed 18 May 2012

when i was in golden sands, i stayed in International hotel. but i found one of my friends in the beach and he stayed in Dolce Vita.
we meet each other in Dolce Vita and it has cool atmosphere, better that International casino hotel...
althoght international hotel is 5* and Dolce vita is 4*
if you are mid age or young, it is better for you
if you are old i suggest international casino hotel

Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends