I came on a package via a tour operator, half board.
The International, from the outside, looks like an extremely impressive hotel - a 5-star in every respect. The lobby, the in-house casino and the swimming pool are indeed 5-star. The rooms - and the dining room - are closer to a 3 star.
Let's start with the good. The hotel is situated right on the beach, on the Golden Sands promenade. The lobby is impressive, and tour groups are received well and mostly efficiently.
The hotel has a very nice infinity pool with an additional area for deckchairs and sun lounges. It was quite cold in September so these got little use, but in summer there would seem to be too little space if the hotel were fuller. There’s also a small play area for kids.
The hotel casino is probably the nicest in Varna. Well-maintained, well run, all dealers seem to speak Hebrew (their main customer base I assume), with a few good promotions. For those who have heard horror stories about currency exchange, you can safely change money in the casino.
Now the not so good. The rooms look like they were built 20 years ago and never renovated. Old, tired décor. Old CRT TV. Did have a fair sized wardrobe though, with an in room safe. Bathroom was fine. The room was also fairly large, with big windows and a nice view. Wifi was reasonable, not great.
Dining was poor. Although there were quite a few options, the quality of the food was lacking and the menu unimaginative. Breakfast was greasy at best. The only really good item was the fresh vegetable salads.
It’s easy to get into Varna city (if you want to do some shopping) – many taxis line the streets – or if you are not in a group or don’t feel like bargaining, there is a bus about 10 minutes walk away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The impressive 5-star INTERNATIONAL Hotel Casino & Tower Suites is located on the front beach line of Golden Sands Resort, only meters from the beach and just half an hour from Varna Airport, the city center and shopping malls. This is the perfect choice for the leisure and business traveler, looking for high-class experience, non-stop entertainment and fine dining. Located in the middle of everything in Golden Sands, the hotel boosts 325 large, elegant rooms with unrestricted sea and park views; the I-SPA Center; 24-hrs live game casino with daily poker cash game; Free indoor parking for 300 vehicles; Skyfall Infinity Pool Bar & Food; Modern conference center with 10 meeting rooms and amphitheater hall; Ballroom for 600 pax in theater; Shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your INTERNATIONAL Hotel Casino & Tower Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel And Casino International
- International Hotel Golden Sands
- INTERNATIONAL Hotel Casino & Tower Suites Bulgaria/Golden Sands